Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

GET HIM!
    Why? He's the smart one. It would be like picking up Duke Nukem on DOS for the first time ever: you've essentially saved yourself 20 years of waiting for DNF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

People just want him to play it, love it, fly through Episodes 1 and 2 and then share their impatience at Episode 3. Misery loves company after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

If you guys still have that Portal 1 gift i'd appreciate it. Wouldn't mind playing it with a mouse/keyboard..

I own portal, just not on steam. Have it on the xbox. (orange box)

you have to promise to turn on AA though andd enjoy the smoothness of the curves. The smoothness damnit! Not that pixellated garbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Korvanica wrote: »
    If you guys still have that Portal 1 gift i'd appreciate it. Wouldn't mind playing it with a mouse/keyboard..

I own portal, just not on steam. Have it on the xbox. (orange box)
    Send me a PM with your email address and ill send it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭JCW

5uspect wrote: »
    So you're the last one?

Ahh well I am only a recently converted PC gamer so forgive my complete ignorance to some of the best games ever made!!
    GET HIM!

I know,I know, Im a complete blasphemer but as I said I have only recently been converted to the all powerful and all consuming God that is PC gaming!!
    Overheal wrote: »
    Why? He's the smart one. It would be like picking up Duke Nukem on DOS for the first time ever: you've essentially saved yourself 20 years of waiting for DNF

Nah not smart ignorant I played Half Life 1 and I thought it was incredible but when HL2 came out I just wasnt fussed DONT SHOOT!!As for the Duke I played it on N^$ and loved it but my cousin warned me a long time ago not to get any hopes up of seeing DNF (or whatever it was called t the time) ever actually released...wise words!!
    Sarky wrote: »
    People just want him to play it, love it, fly through Episodes 1 and 2 and then share their impatience at Episode 3. Misery loves company after all.

Finished Episode 1 thought it was incredible the Super Gravity gun is great craic picking people up and flinging them around would love to see that in a multiplayer game hahaha havnt started episode 2 yet but I am thoroughly looking forward to it....as for Portal do you think there is any point in me getting a copy now or should I just wait for Portal 2 to be released and go from there??I mean I havnt read anything about the storyline so would I need to play the first one to know what was going on??

Portal - teleport places in search of cake and weighted companions.

why you'd want to skip out on companion and cake seeking though is beyond me. Pre-order the **** and get your copy of Portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Achievement list is out now.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/portal-2/achievements/

Spoilers probably, but looks like a typical varied Valve list. Lots of little 'special' tasks, no big collectable lists (yay!), and plenty of fun sounding co-op achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

not really surprised with all teh games being delayed but iv been waiting ages for portal 2 and now i have to wait longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

not really surprised with all teh games being delayed but iv been waiting ages for portal 2 and now i have to wait longer :(

Look on the bright side, at least they haven't delayed Episode 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Its better to be delayed and finished at its best that rushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

I also did know the first date, so doesnt matter that much.
    Still cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 1st 10 minutes of the game was shown at PAX East. Vid below, obvious spoilers! Merchant is well funny as Wheatley

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Overheal wrote: »
    Portal - teleport places in search of cake and weighted companions.

why you'd want to skip out on companion and cake seeking though is beyond me. Pre-order the **** and get your copy of Portal.

Agree.

Plot us simple, but the actual trip to the end is amazing. I played portal only last year, becouse I was forced by friend. He even bought orange box on steam for me, so I could play it!

I allways heard: the pie is a lie phrase, but I newer knew why it was so popular, but I did knew it came from portal.

When I jumped in and sow sign on the wall in game: pie is the lie, I cracked... I was rofling for good 10 minites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

tman wrote: »
    I tried a couple of pages back and everybody seemed too ashamed to admit to not owning a copy:p

I've also still got a copy of Portal 1 to gift if anybody is interested... (I promise I won't giggle at your puny E-Penis!)

Hey tman, any chance I could relieve you of that copy please? Wouldn't mind compensating for my tiny e-penis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

*Points and laughs*

No problem... PM incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sweet wrote: »
    my tiny e-penis!
    so small!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Portal 2 looking great! Got a chance to try it at the EA showcase. Played first chapter...

Sense of humour is still there (if not ramped up a bit). Personality companion that you meet at the beginning of the game, and who teaches you the basics, is great. Witty, helpful and calm throughout :)

Those who have played Portal will know what to expect. Manipulate your environment through the use of portals to get somewhere else. Apparently the difficulty has been changed - if you know the solution, you will be able to complete the level. This is because they took a look at STEAM stats and saw that people stopped at the 2nd last level. They just weren't dexterous enough to get through.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done to help me. At least twice, I confused myself only to find that the solution was to walk through the gap in the wall beside me or turn a corner. I'm a special breed of gamer...

Graphics aren't going to blow people away, but when timed so close to the delicious Crysis 2, you're probably best not trying to do all you can do; all would be in vain anyways. The Aperture Science facility has changed since the last outing. Now, there are some outdoor environments. Helps mix things up a little.

GLaDOS is back...and she's glad (*cough*) to see you. You must like testing; she does too...This relationship has to work out right? Right?! Well, she could take care of you Pulp Fiction style but we'll have to wait for release to see what happens.

Portal 2 is going to be excellent. I like that they're trying something new with the co-operative play (though I didn't get to give it a go). Witty, charming and puzzling as ever; Colour me excited.

<tl;dr> It's more Portal!

🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

TBH the textures in Portal 1 are better than the mess that is Crysis 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

5uspect wrote: »
    TBH the textures in Portal 1 are better than the mess that is Crysis 2.
    Really?

I mean really?

---
    So excited for Portal 2, my most anticipated game of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Really?

I mean really?

---

Yep, the textures in C2 look good at a distance but look at them close up and they lack fine detail, are very "flat" and low res. Crysis had better texture quality, granted it was PC only but it still out classes C2 with Cry Engine 3 even on the PC.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Really?

I mean really?

---

Really really. They've found textures reused from crysis 1 downsampled to half their original size. There are times when the game is downright ugly. There's even a long running thread on their forums with some of the worst on show.

Crysis 2 seems to have ps3 syndrome, piss poor textures and lots of sparkley effects to cover it up.

The source engine, despite its age, has implemented vector textures. Which can look incredibly sharp.

Omg Crysis rant in portal thread...

Don't like - don't play it. Go play first one and leave this thread to portal...

As for portal. How does that thing works with buying ps3 version and getting pc version? Can I trade ps3 version and keep pc one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Omg Crysis rant in portal thread...

Don't like - don't play it. Go play first one and leave this thread to portal...

As for portal. How does that thing works with buying ps3 version and getting pc version? Can I trade ps3 version and keep pc one?
    I believe you have to link your PSN ID to your Steam account to get the PC version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Can I trade ps3 version and keep pc one?
    Likely 1-use code in the PS3 box, so you'd be screwing the next person to buy that used copy out of it?
    Unless you are honest and inform the shop about this when you're trading it in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've a spare copy of Portal 1 for anyone who still doesn't have it.

Likely 1-use code in the PS3 box, so you'd be screwing the next person to buy that used copy out of it?
    Unless you are honest and inform the shop about this when you're trading it in.

Lol honest... That really cracked me up.

That would-be similar to online pass with EA. 24eu for second hand medal of honour, but I will need a key for 10 quid...

So if there is a cd key in I will just buy ps3 game write of cd key and trade in the game next second. Unless pc version is really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Spear wrote: »
    I've a spare copy of Portal 1 for anyone who still doesn't have it.

Fancy sending me a PM with the code?

Full disclosure; I've ploughed hours into it on the 360, but only recently got a PC capable of running it! If I'm keeping someone who has never played it from the experience, then I'll pass!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fancy sending me a PM with the code?

Full disclosure; I've ploughed hours into it on the 360, but only recently got a PC capable of running it! If I'm keeping someone who has never played it from the experience, then I'll pass!

Doesn't work that way, I'll need an email address or Steam ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Spear wrote: »
    Doesn't work that way, I'll need an email address or Steam ID.

My Steam ID is Burning_Eclipse :)

Advertisement