Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My Steam ID is Burning_Eclipse :)

Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thanks Spear, that was very cool of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/
    Portal 2: Lab Rat
    April 8, 2011 - The Portal 2 Team
    Part 1 of Valve's new comic, Portal 2: Lab Rat, is now available! It bridges the gap between the events of Portal and Portal 2! What are you waiting for? CLICK HERE!
    Doesn't seem to like Opera :'( Oh, and part 2 of the comic comes on the 11th. There are 15 parts, 3 days apart... I'm guessing there may be "another delay" pushing it back to mid May?

/edit
    COMIC IS EPIC. Oh, and is also a mindfúck. AN EPIC MINDFÚCK :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone got part 2?

I can only find it on IGN but I keep getting a 404 every time I try to enlarge one of the pages

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/blog.php

"Also of note for time-keeping enthusiasts: the calendar experts here at Valve have crunched some numbers, and have conclusively decided on 7AM EST, April 19th, 2011, as the exact moment that Portal 2 will be available on Steam."

7 days! although, when you take Valve Time into account.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dammit I wouldnt of mind that free copy of portal 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I just finished the first one, played it on the Orange Box, what a brilliant game.
    I wouldn't usually be a big fan of puzzle games but this had me hooked, it really had my brain in knots in the later stages.
    GLaDOS, what a bitch :D.
    In the last stage, I actually went ''Oh shít!'' when the platform turned the corner and descended into the pit of fire, I actually thought that was going to be the end of the game until some quick panicky portal shooting.
    Also, what an ending theme.

Can't wait for number 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is this going to be a normal priced game in the Shops or will it be €30/€35.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It can be preordered for about €30. On PC anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Every time I see that this thread has been bumped I go through the same set of "I bet it's up for pre-loading now!!!" and then "no, they've most likely just delayed it again..." thoughts:(

Hurry up and put me out of my misery please Valve..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

@tman: you just lost the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Overheal wrote: »
    @tman: you just lost the game

DAMN YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hmmm...coming out on the same day as SOCOM 4 and Mortal Kombat...I'm pretty certain this'll come out on top, do ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

PRE-LOAD button just appeared!
    :O

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Has anyone been following the ARG? I totally want to buy the Potato games right now but I'm so poor. What's more important, Indie games or food?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Has anyone been following the ARG? I totally want to buy the Potato games right now but I'm so poor. What's more important, Indie games or food?
    Don't bother - they're in phase 3 of the ARG now (Final phase, I think). Plus, EVERYTHING is documented on the ARG wiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

/\/ollog wrote: »
    PRE-LOAD button just appeared!
    :O

I thought that had to be some kind of horrible joke until I checked for myself... **** yeah!!!!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

For anyone looking to order it online, it's €29.99 on G2Play. I'd get it, but i'm going to buy it on the PS3 and get a free PC copy :)

http://www.g2play.net/store/Portal-2-Steam-Key-Pre-Order.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

10% pre-loaded now. Man this and LA Noire just crept up on me, keep thinking no good games are coming out and then look at the release window.

Healium wrote: »
    Don't bother - they're in phase 3 of the ARG now (Final phase, I think). Plus, EVERYTHING is documented on the ARG wiki
    But that the Ball Portal level looks awesome. Besides, I have wanted to get a bunch of them for a while. (this is me trying to justify having already bought it last night in a moment of weakness/stupidity).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

I finished pre-loading last night, 9.5GB it said it was.

Almost exploded when it showed a "play now" button when it finished.
    false advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ríomhaire wrote: »
    But that the Ball Portal level looks awesome. Besides, I have wanted to get a bunch of them for a while. (this is me trying to justify having already bought it last night in a moment of weakness/stupidity).
    You're so weak and stupid! :p

(enjoy)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Portal 2 Undelayed!

Release is now the 19th at approximately 15:00 hours!

Providing Steam doesn't do it's usual and break down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

For those of you purchasing the PS3 version of the game and were wondering how the free PC copy deal was going to work, Gamerzines (yeah I've never heard of them either) have an interview with Jeep Barnett of Valve, who answers a lot of the questions about Steamworks on PS3.

It seems there will be a code that comes with the PS3 version, that you redeem when you link your PS3 with your Steam account (or there will be a simple process to create a Steam account there and then if you don't have one). Valve acknowledge that they are leaving themselves open to abuse with offering the PC version for free. It seems that second hand copies of Portal 2 for PS3 won't be able to access Steamworks features like cross-platform play, but will still be able to play PS3-PS3 over PSN, so I guess they are hoping that such features would discourage abuse of the added bonus they've decided to include.

It also seems that this is an experiment for Valve, and so those of you planning on buying Portal 2 on PS3, redeeming your code and then trading it in could negatively affect their future plans for the integration of Steam on other platforms or other added bonuses like this one. Considering Valve are one of the few developers still offering regular high quality additional content for their games for free I would have though that people wouldn't be so quick to try and screw them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GothPunk wrote: »
    I would have though that people wouldn't be so quick to try and screw them.

You're assuming people are honest and reliable.

Big mistake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Really can't wait for this, absolutely loved the first one. I just hope all these ads aren't going to overhype it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Kiith wrote: »
    You're assuming people are honest and reliable.

Big mistake :(
    No, I'm only assuming people would reward good practice with their custom. For the most part this is true - otherwise we wouldn't have ideas like brand loyalty. I'm well aware of certain gamers 'gimme gimme' attitude, and when it comes to Portal 2 it pisses me off that people are being so open about screwing over a good company to save themselves a few euro.

You could argue that the consumer need only look out for their own interests first, but in this case it is in the consumers interest to support the company that offers such great content and bonuses so that they continue to do so in the future. Short term versus long term gain and all that.

I agree though Kiith, people are a bit ****e.

Thanks for the interview link. Good read. I hope that people don't just take the copy and return it. I was a bit iffy on what Valve were doing with the PS3 Steamworks but now that I know that you can still play online without linking a Steam account I'm all for the move! (there were a bunch of rumours floating around about how it was going to work including people saying Gamestop employees being told that you need to register online just to play SP).

That said, it doesn't affect me as I preordered on Steam. Might be more expensive than some places, but I get to play it as soon as it's out, not on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I can see some retailers refusing to buy back the PS3 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i watched the ign coop video on youtube. looks great !! might throw on the orange box again soon and play through it again. hopefully portal 2 will not disappoint

Advertisement