Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Oh yeah. It's a legit copy of the game, added to your Steam account once you link your two accounts and put in the one-time-use code. Fully playable. Just like, as if you bought it via Steam.

The reason why I edited the above post was because Kotaku failed to mention the most important thing, that there will be a one-time-use code in the box. If that wasn't in there, then it would leave the offer of 'getting a free PC version of the game with your PS3 version of the game' open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh yeah. It's a legit copy of the game, added to your Steam account once you link your two accounts and put in the one-time-use code. Fully playable. Just like, as if you bought it via Steam.

The reason why I edited the above post was because Kotaku failed to mention the most important thing, that there will be a one-time-use code in the box. If that wasn't in there, then it would leave the offer of 'getting a free PC version of the game with your PS3 version of the game' open to abuse.

Jaysus must be past my bedtime, I geddit now :) like you said about buying the game and trading it in would be worthless to the joe that buys it 2nd hand. Still a good move by Steam tho. Did anyone play Portal 1 on PS3? How was it using the pad?

For those wondering how all this Steam overlay 'thing' on PS3 looks like, here's link to a website 'pressxordie'. They posted some pics and info about it all. Looks really sweet to me.
    http://pressxordie.com/2011/04/14/early-look-at-steam-overlay-on-playstation/

Some minor spoilers showing some achievements in one of the images, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

The PlayStation Blog have a nice interview with Portal 2′s Project Lead Joshua Weier and Writer Erik Wolpaw. Sure it's mostly PS3 centric but towards the end of the article there are some more general comments in there about co-op, game length and memes.

Reading it made me feel as excited as a little kid at Christmas. Gosh guys, one week to go!

Edit: Could a mod rename the thread to just 'Portal 2' or something, pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I see there's been leakings this morning..

.. bah, hate the fact people will be playing it before me! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

GothPunk wrote: »
    Could a mod rename the thread to just 'Portal 2' or something, pretty please?

Yup. :)

Itching to play this game. If it's released early and my copy hasn't even shipped from amazon......I'm gonna go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Apologies if this has been mentioned, I haven't seen any comments. Does anyone know what this is about? A countdown has started on ApertureScience.com which indicates that something is happening today.

http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Apologies if this has been mentioned, I haven't seen any comments. Does anyone know what this is about? A countdown has started on ApertureScience.com which indicates that something is happening today.

http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

It's part of the recent valve ARG that started on the 1st of April or as valve have put it, Potato Fools day. Some belive it's the countdown to a portal 2 release, some things it's a count down to a release of something else. An early portal 2 release seems the most likely though, considering the amount of bonus portal content that the potato sack bundle games have gotten.

More information can be found at http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki

And now Portal 2 and the potato sack are bundled... http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7852/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Mantel wrote: »
    It's part of the recent valve ARG that started on the 1st of April or as valve have put it, Potato Fools day. Some belive it's the countdown to a portal 2 release, some things it's a count down to a release of something else. An early portal 2 release seems the most likely though, considering the amount of bonus portal content that the potato sack bundle games have gotten.

More information can be found at http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki

And now Portal 2 and the potato sack are bundled... http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7852/
    ^^^ Aha, maybe people who bought the pack will get free early access to Portal 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

As the release date is a bankholiday here some shops will be selling it on the Thursday.
    We went with the xbox version as there are 3 of us who will be playing it taking turns.

Healium wrote: »
    ^^^ Aha, maybe people who bought the pack will get free early access to Portal 2?

Could be. Also could be potato related. You need all the potato pack to get all the potatoes. Perhaps those with the golden potato get access today, those with 35 get access a few hours later, 34 etc, until the potato countdown hits the 19th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sharrow wrote: »
    As the release date is a bankholiday here some shops will be selling it on the Thursday.
    We went with the xbox version as there are 3 of us who will be playing it taking turns.

Although for the PC version at least, you will not be able to unlock it until the game is unlocked on Steam itself. Not sure if that is the same with the PS3 version.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Although for the PC version at least, you will not be able to unlock it until the game is unlocked on Steam itself. Not sure if that is the same with the PS3 version.

I'd say the single player will almost certainly be playable early. And as you can play PS3 multiplayer through PSN or steamworks (for cross platform) it may well work too. The steamworks option will certainly locked down, but maybe not the PSN multiplayer?

I'd love if they put up a demo for Episode 3 at 5PM :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well those Concept Art shots that were posted up during a journo's visit to the Valve studios suggest that it's a new IP on the way - something vaguely Space Sci-Fi. Elite 4 lives! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If they post info about a new IP before they post info about EP3/HL3, i'll literally blow my brains out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

^Same!

I think all signs point to a reveal for Half Life; what with the pics of Borealis... But this is Valve... T minus 39 minutes and 23 seconds...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah but Valve seem like the kind of development house who'd like to be making games that use new or interesting (gameplay) ideas each time they launch a game; I'd wonder if they're just not enthused about making a sequel to a well-worn franchise. They've done HL2, made a few Episodic sequels, I'd wonder if they're just not that bothered about wrapping it up *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah but Valve seem like the kind of development house who'd like to be making games that use new or interesting (gameplay) ideas each time they launch a game; I'd wonder if they're just not enthused about making a sequel to a well-worn franchise. They've done HL2, made a few Episodic sequels, I'd wonder if they're just not that bothered about wrapping it up *shrug*

If every Half Life game was the same I'd agree with you, but the whole series has been innovative for every game in different ways. Heck there was the whole stories a few years back about them incorporating sign language into the next Half Life game. If anything else I just want resolution of the story! Portal 2 will tide me over if not though :)

• Advertisement

3 MINUTES

Mine is stuck at 6 seconds

WTF. SCREW YOU, VALVE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Bah :(

^Same!

I think all signs point to a reveal for Half Life; what with the pics of Borealis... But this is Valve... T minus 39 minutes and 23 seconds...

Nope, it's all coming up portal.

glados@home is live, get computing!
    http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Play potato games to unlock Portal 2 quicker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do they want everyone to start Steam to get computing power?

Mantel wrote: »
    Nope, it's all coming up portal.

glados@home is live, get computing!

r3P9C.jpg

LAME. The community needs to buy The Potato Sack and unlock 118,000 potatoes. Expected Portal release is 90+ hours

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ah well , back to spending time with loved ones this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

"Help release Portal 2 Early! Play the 13 indie games in The Potato Sack to reboot GLaDoS"

O_o

Advertisement