Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah but Valve seem like the kind of development house who'd like to be making games that use new or interesting (gameplay) ideas each time they launch a game; I'd wonder if they're just not enthused about making a sequel to a well-worn franchise. They've done HL2, made a few Episodic sequels, I'd wonder if they're just not that bothered about wrapping it up *shrug*

The optimistic version is that aside from the time spend developing other games in the meantime, heres hoping that the long gap is partially due to a very signifigant HL2-esque Source engine overhaul. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Disappointment of the year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Healium wrote: »
    Disappointment of the year. :(
    Agreed.. Expected much more of a show..
    As someone said, it's a game. The end result of which tells you to buy more games :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's bullshyte

I have 4 of those games running right now.

That's bullshyte

I have 13 of those games running right now.
    MOAR like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I dont have the 13 games. I have about 8 of them. And they're ALL running now. Doing my bit loike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

would it be mean of me to say "ive got portal 2 right here and im going to pop it in now in a while"?

Helix wrote: »
    would it be mean of me to say "ive got portal 2 right here and im going to pop it in now in a while"?
    BANNED.

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

xKgaY.png

But it goes deeper! There are 9 letters in "Portal Two". "Potato" only has 6 letters in it, but if you multiply it by 2, for Portal 2, and then subtract 1 for Portal 1, you get 11. Put them together and you get 9 and 11.

GLaDOS did 9/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Mantel wrote: »
    xKgaY.png

But it goes deeper! There are 9 letters in "Portal Two". "Potato" only has 6 letters in it, but if you multiply it by 2, for Portal 2, and then subtract 1 for Portal 1, you get 11. Put them together and you get 9 and 11.

GLaDOS did 9/11.

tumblr_lemkdyfPaq1qdoghio1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If you see any of your fellow Steam friends playing non potato games kindly slap them then tell them to get their ass into a potato game now!

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I dont understand.

Valve want all steam players to complete all 13 potato sack games to release portal 2 early? Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Elessar wrote: »
    I dont understand.

Valve want all steam players to complete all 13 potato sack games to release portal 2 early? Is that correct?

Just play them, not complete... The more people play that play them, the sooner we'll get Portal 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Elessar wrote: »
    I dont understand.

If you click the link in post 211 you will.

They more players that are just playing any of the 13 games are registered on steam as virtual cpu power, the more power the quicker GlaDos will boot up allowing Portal 2 to launch earlier. It's Valves own little mini game. But Steam is taking a hammering, its hard just trying to login right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

but i haven't completed the first portal game yet!

tman wrote: »
    Just play them, not complete... The more people play that play them, the sooner we'll get Portal 2

WRONG - play, earn potatoes, they're added to the challenge total

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Start now and you'll finish it over the weekend at the latest. You could start now if you had it and have it finished tonight. It's a real treat, I'd love to be able to experience it again from new.

There hasn't been any confirmation of the potato multiplier yet but if you do get all 36 then when portal 2 is released you'll get a hat-less bonus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You could have cleared Portal 1 in the time it took you to post that! :pac:

• Advertisement

Perhaps that'll unlock it a bit sooner, but "PLAY THE 13 INDIE GAMES IN THE POTATO SACK TO REBOOT GLADOS" isn't really leaving much to the imagination...

Perhaps that'll unlock it a bit sooner, but "PLAY THE 13 INDIE GAMES IN THE POTATO SACK TO REBOOT GLADOS" isn't really leaving much to the imagination...

If you look at the ARG from the start with some hindsight then that's what it's all been about, the potato sack games and getting potatoes. Playing the games and finding out how to get potatoes and now, play the games (to reboot glados sooner) and if you got all the potatoes at the start then you get a bonus for buying all of them and hunting the potatoes.

The main question is it racist that they've mentioned Irish as being particularly good at the potato hunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Potato sack bundle looks quite bad value for money... I found only 3 games really good ones.

So basically find this potatoes and you will get to play sooner.... Sort of cool idea if you not needed to buy games worth of 35 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Wow that's absolute horse****. I used always preorder valve games, but the more they drag out these launches the less of an interest I have. Think I'll wait til I see Portal 2 on sale now after this stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Wow that's absolute horse****. I used always preorder valve games, but the more they drag out these launches the less of an interest I have. Think I'll wait til I see Portal 2 on sale now after this stunt.

Bit of an overreaction in my opinion but whatever. I'll be playing the hell out of Portal 2 the moment it goes live :)

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed the ARG and have collected 11 potatoes for the 4 games I happened to own prior to the potato sack coming out. Enjoyed the experience without having to specifically buy into it. And, my personal theory about the ARG players being responsible for the resurrection of GlaDOS in game or something was a close guess, so I'm pleased about that.

I also find it ironic that there are potatoes all over my Irish steam community page :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Dont really see the issue. Original release date was the 19th, and there is a chance we will get it before that now. So they might be doing the exact opposite of dragging the release date out tbh.

boo

im stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Dont really see the issue. Original release date was the 19th, and there is a chance we will get it before that now. So they might be doing the exact opposite of dragging the release date out tbh.

Unless we don't reboot Glados in time in which case we will be waiting :p

Helix wrote: »
    boo

im stuck

Perhaps that'll teach you for bragging!

Must suck if you have to review a game within a certain timeframe and get absolutely stuck without something like gamefaqs to help you out:p

• Advertisement

Perhaps that'll teach you for bragging!

Must suck if you have to review a game within a certain timeframe and get absolutely stuck without something like gamefaqs to help you out:p

it is kinda crappy lol

i figured it out anyway, like most portal puzzles i felt stupid when i realised my problem

Advertisement