Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e Commercial website review

• 19-11-2010 4:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi, everybody,
    Here is the e-commercial web shop snip .

I am looking for your any feedback on:
    1. theme and style;
    2. shopping functions;
    3. user browsing experience;
    4. site security;
    5. others.

Please feel free to feedback
    Thank you !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Dodgy whois info.

Zero postal adress info that I can find.

This stinks of a chinese scam site as does the spammy nature of all of your posts to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

I love the line where it says:
    "We promise to:
    Provide 24/7 customer support on weekdays
    ."

Haha :D
    24/7 stands for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    You can't offer 24/7 just on weekdays. So what is it now, 7 days a week or 5 days a week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

tricky D wrote: »
    Dodgy whois info.

Zero postal adress info that I can find.
    This is Domain Privacy protects, so we can avoid:
    Spam and other Unsolicited Email,Unwanted Phone Calls & Postal Mail,
    Identity Theft

This stinks of a chinese scam site as does the spammy nature of all of your posts to date.
    Compare with "donedeal.ie" and "ebay.ie", This site is quite simple. But It is enough to run for online shopping. No matter what it sells.
    Most famous online shopping sites, like "donedeal.ie" and "ebay.ie", charge you a lot and have too much limit. so that is the reason this kind web sites come up

To be honest, all the products are imported from China. No doubt that chinese products are very useful and cheap to everyone's life. We have to thank chinese. From the company "pennys" to "apple", they all benefit from china factories.

To this site, I can promise it is not a scam site. It get orders from ireland, france and belgium. Now there are about 200 finished orders and few returns. If anybody has made an order from it, please proof now.

Thanks anyway although I don't like the way you talk at all.

I love the line where it says:
    "We promise to:
    Provide 24/7 customer support on weekdays
    ."

Haha :D
    24/7 stands for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    You can't offer 24/7 just on weekdays. So what is it now, 7 days a week or 5 days a week?

Thanks a million. It is our mistake.
    Can you point which page is it. the URL
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Thanks a million. It is our mistake.
    Can you point which page is it. the URL
    Thanks again.

Sure thing:
    [url][/url]

• Advertisement

Sure thing:

Thanks a million.

We always change something on our website, i.e, price, product details and some T&C.

It has been updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

This domain privacy protects you from dealing honestly with customers especially when problems occur. Besides why would you not provide a real telephone number (too few digits) and address (apartment complex is on the next road on the other side) for whois info unless you've something to hide. As for identity theft - lol.

Your name on the whois info is John Smith. You are defintely not John Smith.

Consumer sites like this which do not truthfully display this information on their site should not be trusted and there are plenty of stories of sites which look like this and what they get up to.

In short you're not telling the truth and cannot be trusted so I wouldn't recommend anybody do business with you.

This domain privacy protects you from dealing honestly with customers especially when problems occur. Besides why would you not provide a real telephone number (too few digits) and address (apartment complex is on the next road on the other side) for whois info unless you've something to hide. As for identity theft - lol.

Your name on the whois info is John Smith. You are defintely not John Smith.

Consumer sites like this which do not truthfully display this information on their site should not be trusted and there are plenty of stories of sites which look like this and what they get up to.

In short you're not telling the truth and cannot be trusted so I wouldn't recommend anybody do business with you.

You are right somehow.
    There are lots of fake websites on the internet. For me, I have been cheated by a web site named : getmobilecredit . And I have been charged 5 euro from my phone credit without any notice.

To my site, It is true that I don't give the real info about myself because the products selt on my site is a little illegal(if you think so).

But I promise that (Not like Cowen): our products are genuine, and our service is nice to every customer.

Please give your opinions about the others although your suggestion is useful to everyone.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

It does look like a scam site for the following reasons:

-The grammar and language is bad, it sounds as if English is your second language
    -The resolution of images seems low, this is just something that all of these sites have in common.

And one more thing, the font is horrible. Conisder using a normal one such as Arial

emmetmcl wrote: »
    It does look like a scam site for the following reasons:

-The grammar and language is bad, it sounds as if English is your second language
    Yes, you are right. This web site is just my part-time job(No job now actually ). My english is improving and I will study hard.
    -The resolution of images seems low, this is just something that all of these sites have in common.
    Yes, you are right again:eek:
    Photoshop is too expensive and I only use the free software GIMP. And I am studying Gimp now.

And one more thing, the font is horrible. Conisder using a normal one such as Arial
    Is it true? I just test it on google chrome browser in Ubuntu system. So please upload your screen capture .

Thanks a million!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Here is my capture, using Chrome:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/797/badsite.jpg

I think this problem is caused by your chrome font setting.

Please Go to Chrome Tool Option>>under the hood>> web content>> change font and language ..

And try to set the font to a better looking font.
    Here is my font setting
    Screenshot-Fonts and Languages.png

I will test the appearance in the other browsers.
    Thank you very much for your feedback.

I tested in windows system and it comes the same result with you.
    Why it comes difference in windows system and Ubuntu system?
    I will try to fix this problem.

I don't agree with that.
    Did you run online shopping site before?
    In my opinion, the two main thing of online shopping are "productions" and "payment". And the most online payments are third party, such like paypal and Skrill(moneybookers), they all stand beside consumers. when a consumer has a complaint and wants to return even refund to paypal. Then paypal will ask the seller to deal this issue before paypal looks into. Most time the seller will do what the consumer asks to. So at last, the consumer will get all refund, but the seller will lose money on payment fee and refund fee.

In all, you are safe to trade at the most web shops with third party payment(paypal or skrill)

I have changed font-family to "Arial,Sans-serif,Verdana", Now It should look better. Have a look and feedback. Thank you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

I love the line...
    Never mind the 24/7 5 days a week... I love the "instant delivery"! Now that's impressive. I'd hate to think how much An Post are charging 'em for that one.

If you really want some good advice, listen to the great advice already given.

tricky D has already identified that there is zero identifiable address information available on the site. Rather than trying to justify it (miserably I must add), why not fix it?

Not only is this a huge issue in terms of gaining trust with customers (regardless of your own views on this), it's also in breach of the regulations both here in Ireland and in the UK.

I'd suggest fixing some of the far more important issues (such as having an illegal site - or even the basic copy issues that a basic word processor would identify) before worrying about cross browser compatibility.

I'd also suggest that you don't take offence to the way someone phrases a comment when providing a critique. They're giving up their time to assist you, you've requested a public critique of your site, so whatever is said take it on the chin. Your responses to tricky D (despite him providing some excellent advice) will no doubt put countless others off even thinking of helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'd also suggest that you don't take offence to the way someone phrases a comment when providing a critique. They're giving up their time to assist you, you've requested a public critique of your site, so whatever is said take it on the chin. Your responses to tricky D (despite him providing some excellent advice) will no doubt put countless others off even thinking of helping.

Actually point #1 on the forum charter is:
    1. This forum is for requesting feedback on your website. If you post a site for critique, don’t complain if you get bad reviews. You want people to see it, you have to allow for the possibility that they wont like it. We would prefer if all criticism is constructive (i.e. giving reasons to why something doesn't work, and offering alternative solutions).

Advice to OP: 1) stop complaining when people give you feedback that you asked for and 2) fix the obvious problems that people have pointed out.

so whatever is said take it on the chin.
    Like it. Thanks a million!

Never mind the 24/7 5 days a week... I love the "instant delivery"! Now that's impressive. I'd hate to think how much An Post are charging 'em for that one.

If you really want some good advice, listen to the great advice already given.

tricky D has already identified that there is zero identifiable address information available on the site. Rather than trying to justify it (miserably I must add), why not fix it?

Not only is this a huge issue in terms of gaining trust with customers (regardless of your own views on this), it's also in breach of the regulations both here in Ireland and in the UK.

I'd suggest fixing some of the far more important issues (such as having an illegal site - or even the basic copy issues that a basic word processor would identify) before worrying about cross browser compatibility.

Thank you firstly.
    I have read your reply over and over, and found that the way I talk is so impolite to the others. I will be much more careful on my language and try to be kind.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for replying and pointing out the main problem of the websites like mine.
    That is the problem of the illegal products. So the best way to solve out this problem is importing new and legal products.

May I ask what products are good-sale in Ireland? What do you except to buy on the internet?

Thanks again, PaulPinnacle and everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

That is the problem of the illegal products.
    I hadn't actually looked at your products to see that they were illegal. I was talking about your failure to comply with the ODCE regulations (or the UK equivalent that require pretty much the same steps to be followed) in providing a certain level of information relating to registered business number, registered business address, etc..

If your products are also illegal... well, that's a more serious issue and brings your entire business model into question.

As for 'what sells well', it's too broad a question. It's not simply about finding a specific niche to be in, if it were everyone would be in that niche and making money. It's about your ability to do it in an effective way (from gaining trust to optimising conversions, marketing to customer service, etc.).

I hadn't actually looked at your products to see that they were illegal. I was talking about your failure to comply with the ODCE regulations (or the UK equivalent that require pretty much the same steps to be followed) in providing a certain level of information relating to registered business number, registered business address, etc..

If your products are also illegal... well, that's a more serious issue and brings your entire business model into question.

As for 'what sells well', it's too broad a question. It's not simply about finding a specific niche to be in, if it were everyone would be in that niche and making money. It's about your ability to do it in an effective way (from gaining trust to optimising conversions, marketing to customer service, etc.).

Thank you very much for your sincere reply.

I had thought this problem you mentioned above over and over before we start this quite small "business". I would call it "interest" instead of "business".
    We plan it would be finished after this Christmas, because we only get a little money back. Actually we only get one or two orders a day, sometimes nothing at all.
    But We have spent too much money on advertisement on google ,host and the others. And We also spend most leisure time on this "interest". We wouldn't have any reason to continue it after Christmas.

Now I can answer your question. This is my interest NOT business, maybe you think. I make trade with people just like somebody sell his favorite toys to others. So I didn't think too much about legality. It is just my interest and I do like it in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

why use .com, why not use .ie if your Irish ?

mbiking123 wrote: »
    why use .com, why not use .ie if your Irish ?

It is hard to register .ie domain. Your register company details are required.
    such as shop name ,etc.

.com domain is easy and very common and cheaper.

If you search the product on ebay.com, you cannot find any one. It is not allowed to pulish this kind products on ebay due to some reasons. That is true !
    So I have to make this site by myself and cannot register .ie doman name as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

a .ie is better to deal with as .ie are scrutinized more than .com which means as a consumer I have better protection from being scammed etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thread closed for promoting illegal activity
    user banned too
    all mentions for the url removed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement