Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: O2 Dublin May 12 2011 (Confirmed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Oh Yes!! Can't wait for the Drum Solo! A living legend that man!:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anyone else been listening to Rush all day since hearing this?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anyone else been listening to Rush all day since hearing this?

Just threw on Power Windows. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i was out in the truck today, had a live compliation i did myself on . i was stopped at roadworks, the van was shaking, sounds all the way up, turned to 11 as per Spinal Tap, shades on, and matching neil with a biro in each hand for drumsticks . Im sure i looked like a complete tosser, but i didnt give a damn . What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I've listened to Rush for almost 30 years, and they have never played here in Ireland.
    As God is my witness I will attend the concert, and I will ****ing enjoy it. I'm not kidding people. You hear about 'defining moments', events in people's lives that stay with them throughout their days, this is one of those... I know you cannot equate it with life or death, but (pauses) THIS IS RUSH!

(I need to lie down)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Aw **** yeah. :D

Gogo O2 presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Want.....presale............code............now!

Announcement on Nova was cool, love how he said 'everybody's favourite band':D Got Rush in Rio now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

usually had to go to NEC to see them.
    really looking forward to this!
    must have a boardsies meet up on the gignite for a few miwadi's;););)

Passenger wrote: »
    Just threw on Power Windows. :D

my favorite album ,hold your fire a very close second!!!:D

grimm2005 wrote: »
    SWEEET!! and it (just about) doesn't conflict with exams!

have exams in may next too!

• Advertisement

get bumped to rush.net for mailing list etc.
    anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ever since seeing Kiss live, I considered giving up gigs forever as I felt that no gig could ever be better than that, but this sounds like it might top it (slightly, I might add)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Awesome!

Now all I need is cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

And fair play to Matt Cooper for giving the Dublin gig a mention on his show yesterday. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Just to see Geddy Lee......I cannot describe

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My younger sister told me yesterday this had been confirmed but I didn't believe her.

My mam then rang today to tell me tickets are on sale this week. I also didn't believe her.

I checked ticketmaster, saw the tickets on sale and still don't believe it.

Seriously?! What the hell?! Rush in Ireland?! They're the only band I've ever traveled to another country to see. And I thought I might do it again for this tour.

Best news ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭jellies

First album I ever bought was g/p...been to see them 3 times in UK...was expecting to have to travel again...brilliant news.
    And I can still remember my mates winding me up saying Rush were coming to play in the SFX...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭loyer

great news...i hope they sort the sound out in the O2...was at Maiden there recently...sound was'nt great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Aw **** yeah. :D

Gogo O2 presale.

How does the presale work?Can't wait!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Ahh again tiz great news, been promoting this great band since the early 80's in uk and here and for years noooo one believed me... now loads are jumping on board the good ship RUSH!!

WELL DONE BOARDSIRS ITS ABOUT TIME IRELAND SAW THE REAL!!! - TOP BAND ON THE PLANET! - AND THIS IS IT!! :)

Will have to do another great gig with Never Say Die about May 12th time and maybe with Ireland Maiden too with "extra guest RUSH songs" in the sets

ohhh yeaahhhh :) ciao' amigos,...Baggio.....

• Advertisement

bradlente wrote: »
    How does the presale work?Can't wait!:cool:

If you're an O2 customer, text RUSH to 51020, you'll get sent a password. On Wednesday morning, go to o2blueroom.ie, you'll be asked to enter it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

I cannot believe it . 32 years into Rush, travelled to the UK and europe to see them, and now, at last, in Ireland. Feck the IMF, ECB, and the shaggin government, this has to be the greatest day in years. Any volunteers to form a reception committee at the airport?Jesus i still can't believe it

I'd love to welcome them at the airport...!!! pm with the details! I'm gonna get a Tri-colour with "Cead Mile Failte RUSH" printed on it to give to the band!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I heard a little of Radio Nova this morning: they're giving away Rush concert tickets. I didn't have time to stop, but it sounds like it's not just today ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Trying to register on site with no success.
    Want to register so as to book preference tickets.
    What's the craic?

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Trying to register on site with no success.
    Want to register so as to book preference tickets.
    What's the craic?

You cannot get tickets by 'registering' with Rush.Com. That's the band's website and it's not involved with ticket sales.

MusicToday have had fan presales for Rush shows in the past, but I checked yesterday and there's no mention of presales for any of the upcoming confirmed shows.

Are you (or any of your mates) an 02 customer? If so, the 02 presale starts at 9am on Wednesday.

You cannot get tickets by 'registering' with Rush.Com. That's the band's website and it's not involved with ticket sales.

MusicToday have had fan presales for Rush shows in the past, but I checked yesterday and there's no mention of presales for any of the upcoming confirmed shows.

Are you (or any of your mates) an 02 customer? If so, the 02 presale starts at 9am on Wednesday.

Any one get confirmation yet?

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Any one get confirmation yet?

I got my text back from them with the password for the O2 presale, if that's what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barrence

Is anyone prepared to get a priority code on my behalf? I'm an O2 customer in the UK but presales codes for the Dublin show only get sent to O2 subscribers in RoI.

barrence wrote: »
    Is anyone prepared to get a priority code on my behalf? I'm an O2 customer in the UK but presales codes for the Dublin show only get sent to O2 subscribers in RoI.

I've got a spare code for the O2 presale - send me a PM and I'll reply with it. If you want the actual text message from O2, include your mobile number and I'll send it on.

• Advertisement

pretty plz?
    thanks in advance
    moving pictures to be memorised for homework!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement