Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: O2 Dublin May 12 2011 (Confirmed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I've got a spare code for the O2 presale - send me a PM and I'll reply with it. If you want the actual text message from O2, include your mobile number and I'll send it on.

thanks for any assistance as not used the blueroom website before!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Hi lads,
    Someone at work just did me a favour and got me a presale code.:D
    There's no issue with the fact that I intend to buy a ticket and am not an O2 customer, is there?
    Should I get him to buy it for me?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

UK Presale info .... might be of use to someone :

May 14 - Glasgow @ SECC

May 16 - Sheffield @ Motorpoint Arena

May 18 - Manchester @ MEN Arena

May 21 - Newcastle @ Metro Radio Arena

May 22 - Birmingham @ LG Arena

May 25 - London @ O2

May 29 - Frankfurt @ Festhalle

Please note, there will be no VIP packages in Europe.

PRE-SALE for Glasgow, Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham, & London shows:

As of 9AM GMT on Tuesday November 23rd, you can go to this link or call the number below - using the password "BU2B"

Pre-sale link:
    http://minisite.ticketline.co.uk

Pre-sale hotline: 0844 888 9991

Password: BU2B

Duration: Goes live Tuesday, November 23 @ 9AM GMT for 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

groovie wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Someone at work just did me a favour and got me a presale code.:D
    There's no issue with the fact that I intend to buy a ticket and am not an O2 customer, is there?
    Should I get him to buy it for me?

Thanks.

Nope, as long as you have the code you're good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bizarre - tomorrow morning I'll be booking tickets via O2's blue room for both RUSH and GLEE - needless to say Rush comes first and GLEE is not for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm not a particularly big Rush fan and I'm still excited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clusk

coming from Portugal anyone got a spare O2 priority code I buy you a guinness

sweettv@live.com

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm not a particularly big Rush fan and I'm still excited :D

Lucky you, I'm over 14st, need to cut back a bit before next May. Don't want to block the view of the people behind me...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

greendom wrote: »
    Bizarre - tomorrow morning I'll be booking tickets via O2's blue room for both RUSH and GLEE - needless to say Rush comes first and GLEE is not for me :D
    You can get the Glee ones now so your wont have any distractions from the important things. MCD have a pre-sale on through their facebook.
    (Yes I know Glee shouldnt be mentioned in here but no distractions are allowed :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

isn't it just typical, last time I had to go to Glasgow to see them, now a chance to visit the O2 in Dublin (a lot easier only 2 hrs away from the north)...

anyway, I get my email from Rush.com and guess what no presale for Ireland, hell, we all live on the same island!.

ok so my mobiles vodafone, my son is O2 butt yup...O2 uk...so I need a presale code...if anyone is decent enough to PM me, I'll reply with my mobile and hopefully you can forward the presale guff from O2

cheers for taking the time to read....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My phone is 3G if someone is so kind to have a pre sale code for the gig. PM if you are kind enough please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

greendom wrote: »

GLEE ... that doesn't stand for Geddy Lee does it ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

i have a spare o2 presale code if anybody wants it. pm me.

EDIT: code is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

I hope the tickets don't sell out before the go on general sale on Friday....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

As far as I know, there is only a certain amount set aside for presale which should leave plenty for Friday.
    Still, I'll be getting mine sharpish tomorrow at 9 for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

I'll eat my drumkit if this sells out :pac: (be absolutely fantastic if it is a full house though).

It wasn't too long ago that someone in the music 'biz' (don't remember who) said that Rush wouldn't fill a chip shop in Ireland. Well, up yours, person whose name I can't remember :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'll eat my drumkit if this sells out :pac: (be absolutely fantastic if it is a full house though).

There's a hell of a lot of interest. I don't know how many will sell, but I'd expect a lot of people will travel over on account of it being the opening night and the fact that it's standing, unlike the UK dates, so that'll certainly boost attendance.
    I got a seat in the fifth row for Newcastle on the presale this morning. Delighted.
    I'll be on standby for Dublin first thing tomorrow.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I got a seat in the fifth row for Newcastle on the presale this morning. Delighted.

Nice one :cool:

Was tempted this morning to go for a UK date myself but I'm holding out for mainland Europe dates, just for a change from the UK.

Yeah, I'd love to see them in the Olympiahalle in Munich.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Amazing news!

Tell me, what are the bottom-centre front seats like? Might have the wife with me.

Though it'd be tempting to be stood right under them up close. On the upper seated levels the performers are like mere blips onstage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

looking at the plan for the O2, is it going to be a completely "standing" setup?...at 55 not sure I can stand for that long...lol...my son could manage ...but ....my legs wont last. I had hoped the first bit was tiered....is there confirmation of the layout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Philo1968

torby wrote: »
    looking at the plan for the O2, is it going to be a completely "standing" setup?...

Good question. Does anyone know for sure that there are 'standing' tickets? I think that would be unusual. Anyone know??

PS I managed to get gr8 seats for both Glasgow & Newcastle!! Roll on May!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I like the sound of this;

Doors: 6:30pm
    Rush On Stage: 8.00pm sharp.
    A 3 1/2 hour show. No Support
    (30 min intermission)

Rush MCD

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Hi Guys,

Any spare presale codes. Thought my sister was on O2 but she recently changed to Vodafone.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Passenger wrote: »

(30 min intermission)

Rush MCD

Me too. Support acts are usually torture. There wasn't one in Sheffield last tour.

Passenger wrote: »

(30 min intermission)

Rush MCD

Just for the sake of clarity (so noone feels they were sold short come 12th May) - MCD are a little out on the length of the show; it's more like 2 1/2 hours or so of Rush on stage with a 1/2 hour intermission.

You definitely get your money's worth at a Rush show nonetheless... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 testerdesign

GREAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Email from rush.com this morning: there is going to be an Ireland pre-sale, starting Thursday 9am, with password "first" - as in "first time in Ireland". So there will be another chance if you can't get in on the O2 pre-sale today.

PS: full newsletter here.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Dublin tickets secure on the O2 presale!
    Probably the best €64.15 I've ever spent... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just got my o2 priority standing ticket. €64.15 in total

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement