Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: O2 Dublin May 12 2011 (Confirmed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

In tiered seating does anyone know if row 19 is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Just got my o2 priority standing ticket. €64.15 in total

Ditto. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Guys - is there a specific link you need for the pre-sale? Ticketmaster says "not available".

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 38,465 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Block D Row 19 Seat 111.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

Got mine. Seated Block D row 19. Seems pretty good.

Gonna be best gig ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

bnt wrote: »
    Guys - is there a specific link you need for the pre-sale? Ticketmaster says "not available".

Standing seem to be sold out. A previous poster said more pre-sale tickets are on sale tomorrow with the password "first".

Edit: Make sure you go to the o2 blueroom website to get tickets or here's a direct link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180045738BE537D0?artistid=807344&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&did=o2dublin&tm_link=tm_notix_Change_Search_Request

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Crap. I hate being at the 02 and not being able to see anything. Place is huge. Still, I'm pleased that RUSH are so popular.

Standing seem to be sold out. A previous poster said more pre-sale tickets are on sale tomorrow with the password "first"
    Yeah - I said it. I have an O2 pre-sale code, but I can't see where to USE it. Ticketmaster doesn't offer me anything, seated or standing, which is why I asked. Anyone?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Yeah - I said it. I have an O2 pre-sale code, but I can't see where to USE it. Ticketmaster doesn't offer me anything, seated or standing, which is why I asked. Anyone?

ah sorry, didn't realise it was you! I can still get seated tickets so they're still available

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

johnnyivan wrote: »
    Jesus - row 19 - are they selling that fast?

Block D is sold out already. Instead I went for best available and got Block F seat 146.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

You need to got to the o2blueroom website.

Thank you - that works. All the lower tiered seating is gone now, just the "nosebleed" seats left. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

This is weird. The accompanying floor plan on Ticketmaster is the normal standing plan for the O2, so the "balcony" starts at row 21, yet you guys have got row 19, which is a very good spot, especially in Block D.
    I'm wondering are they in fact selling it as the "Optimum Seating" plan, which means putting in extra lower rows of the tiered seats and having a smaller standing area.
    Hmmm...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

This is weird. The accompanying floor plan on Ticketmaster is the normal standing plan for the O2, so the "balcony" starts at row 21, yet you guys have got row 19, which is a very good spot, especially in Block D.
    I'm wondering are they in fact selling it as the "Optimum Seating" plan, which means putting in extra lower rows of the tiered seats and having a smaller standing area.
    Hmmm...

I think you're absolutely right there. I got block E row 20 which doesn't actually exist on the normal standing plan. So I'm guessing it's the Optimum Seating plan in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Standing was gone so got 3 tkts,block A, row 20:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Standing tickets secured ... still can't believe it .. Rush in Dublin !!!!!!

1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif

2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Got block C and then got tkts for the Journey gig. Plastic is now melting awaiting more bands to play in 2011 and this is only Nov 2010.:confused:

They're using the Optimum Seating plan for Journey & Foreigner, and for Taylor Swift. It's a fairly recent approach to sell shows up front like that, though they've occasionally done it on the night if the gig hasn't sold as well as expected, in which case I assume they reassign the row numbers so that everyone moves further down the tiered seats, and hence nearer to the stage.
    I'm guessing if they have done it for Rush, it's because the UK shows are always fully seated, and they're assuming a lot of people may prefer to have the option of sitting down, hence a smaller standing area. We'll have to wait and see...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Block D is sold out already. Instead I went for best available and got Block F seat 146.

Blimey...I've got seats 146 and 147 in block F....hope you're on a different row....lol....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

standing was all gone.... so got seated tickets.... I've never actually sat at a gig in the o2 ( did at comedy gigs in the point way back ) I have block L row 43.....What do people think about these, has any one ever sat up here before...? Its in front of the stage but up high, any idea of the view...? do i need my anti vertigo gear...? having waited 30+years for them to play Dublin I couldn't take a chance on not getting tickets

Thanks

• Advertisement

torby wrote: »
    Blimey...I've got seats 146 and 147 in block F....hope you're on a different row....lol....:)

I got block F, row 20 146-149. I really hope ticketmaster didn't feck that up. :pac:

Edit: just in case - Bags

It's a good bit back, but Block L is an excellent vantage point. I know someone who was way at the back of Block L for AC/DC and they still thought it was phenomenal. Once there's a grand spectacle - which there will be - then you'll be fine. It's not so great if it's just a bunch of musicians playing songs with no screens, 'cos you can feel pretty detached.

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    I got block F, row 20 146-149. I really hope ticketmaster didn't feck that up. :pac:

Edit: just in case - Bags

PHEW!!!... Block F...Row 19 seats 146 - 147

must introduce myself on the day...I'll be the really old (55yr old) Rush Fan with his son....lol...:mad:

torby wrote: »
    PHEW!!!... Block F...Row 19 seats 146 - 147

must introduce myself on the day...I'll be the really old (55yr old) Rush Fan with his son....lol...:mad:

Sure, I'll see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Got seat 186 in Block G, Couldn't get any central seats in C,D or E Haven't been to the O2 before so hope I get a good view of "pratt" from that angle! Still it's gonna be an awesome night. :D

Having got hold of a few boots of the tour stateside....it looks and sounds awesome...haven't seen them since R30...so looking forward to it ALREADY...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

could they have be shared out through the rush.com presale tomorrow?
    feckin hope so!!!
    otherwise might a busy few days at 9am each day!!!

seanin4711 wrote: »
    could they have be shared out through the rush.com presale tomorrow?
    feckin hope so!!!
    otherwise might a busy few days at 9am each day!!!

I reckon the O2 presale and the Rush presale will be sharing the tickets.

I had originally looked at the presale link for Newcastle Metro and there were some great seats available, then because I subscribe to their email (Metro) I got their presale link and they were showing some in the block that the Rush presale had sold out on...hope that makes sense...

now...should I buy my O2 parking ticket now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

didnt get it yestersay,so starting to sweat a tad!!!
    plz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Here you go password is " FIRST " It goes live at 9am... Good luck.. :)

Lar

http://email.rush.net/tour/1124/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement