Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: O2 Dublin May 12 2011 (Confirmed)

Options

Comments

Thanks for the browser change tip - was using Google Chrome & switched to Firefox and managed to get BLOCKF, row 17. Woohoo! Couldn't get any standing but at least I got them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

johnnyivan wrote: »
    Not much point sitting - when you'll end up standing anyway.
    I may only use the seat for a fraction of the time, but those fractions make all the difference. Some knees and ankles aren't as young as they once were ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 progster89

Is anyone able to help me with this, i just ordered tickets for standing but on the receipt it says row g4 seats 110-111??? and the section stand???

Can anyone tell me whether these are seating or standing?

progster89 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to help me with this, i just ordered tickets for standing but on the receipt it says row g4 seats 110-111??? and the section stand???

I would say they are def seating, I might be wrong but I don't think there are any standing left. I could only get seats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Loubytee wrote: »
    I would say they are def seating, I might be wrong but I don't think there are any standing left. I could only get seats too.

Not so sure - the seats closest to the front from anyone that has gone for seating that I have heard of is Row 17. Row 4 sounds very much like its in the standing area. Also I'm pretty sure that if the poster requested standing tickets and there were none available, he wouldn't have been automatically given seats as a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

progster89 wrote: »

If it says "Section Stand", then you're standing. I'm assuming you chose to print the tickets off yourself, which is how you're reading those numbers. They always display a numerical code which looks like a seat number, but it's just a reference number. There's no such row as G4. There is a Block G, but Row 4 doesn't exist for the Rush show, as the seats only start in Row 5, as per the "Optimum Standing" plan on the Ticketmaster website. If in doubt, ring them to confirm, but I'd be almost positive they're standing tickets.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Yippee!!! Centre stage, Block D row 17, roll on march, I reckon this will sell out tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Yippee!!! Centre stage, Block D row 17, roll on march, I reckon this will sell out tommorow.

Why, where are you going in March? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 progster89

If it says "Section Stand", then you're standing. I'm assuming you chose to print the tickets off yourself, which is how you're reading those numbers. They always display a numerical code which looks like a seat number, but it's just a reference number. There's no such row as G4. There is a Block G, but Row 4 doesn't exist for the Rush show, as the seats only start in Row 5, as per the "Optimum Standing" plan on the Ticketmaster website. If in doubt, ring them to confirm, but I'd be almost positive they're standing tickets.

Thanks for the help man. It is standing btw, I called up too make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Got diddle-liddle-liddle-liddle going through my head over and over.

(Spirit of Radio)

When they played Sheffield for 'Snakes & Arrows' they were to come on at 8.

8pm - to the second almost - the intro video played and then Alex Walked on blasting out 'Limelight'. Not only exciting, but impressive as a statement of professionalism and commitment to the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I hope this gig sells out on the day of General Release - what a way to welcome Rush to their first ever gig in Ireland ...... and who knows , could it prompt an extra date ??? icon5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

I'd love it but, the cost...

... and the Odyssey is free on the 11th if they wanted to play Belfast.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

johnnyivan wrote: »
    I'd love it but, the cost...
    Try listening to Radio Nova (100.3) at about 7:45 Friday morning: they're still giving away tickets if you can identify three Rush riffs in quick succession and call 01 440 4100. You need to be quick on the phone, though: today the presenters sounded a bit shell-shocked at the massive response they've been getting. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

bnt wrote: »
    Try listening to Radio Nova (100.3) at about 7:45 Friday morning: they're still giving away tickets if you can identify three Rush riffs in quick succession and call 01 440 4100. You need to be quick on the phone, though: today the presenters sounded a bit shell-shocked at the massive response they've been getting. :pac:

I'm a bit shell shocked by the response - I never realised just how many people here were into Rush. Makes sense becuase they are brilliant :)

Got standing tickets this morning :D :cool: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

... and the Odyssey is free on the 11th if they wanted to play Belfast.

I'd say it would take more than 24hrs to take down the show, transport to Dublin and re assemble in time for soundchecks and gig at 8.00 the next day...but if they did ...thats what Mastercard is for....

the show is spectacular, I've seen 3 of them so far from Time Machine the lighting rigs etc are brill as you would expect, there's some great footage on youtube as well of Alex's Hughes and Kettner set ups for the tour...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Looks like this is selling like wildfire, hope I get a ticket :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

torby wrote: »
    I'd say it would take more than 24hrs to take down the show, transport to Dublin and re assemble in time for soundchecks and gig at 8.00 the next day...but if they did ...thats what Mastercard is for....

I would agree with you, given the scale of the show, and I wouldn't have even suggested it but for the fact that they're managing to do Newcastle and Birmingham back-to-back on the 21st and 22nd, so it's possible.

Looks like this is selling like wildfire, hope I get a ticket :(
    What are you waiting for? The presale is still open, see post #123. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

What are you waiting for? The presale is still open, see post #123. :)

Just tried that and got This

:)

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »

That's an "active" link, not a static image, so I'm not going to see what you see when I go there.

I did check before I posted, and checked it again now: it's working, the pre-sale is still open. It just offered me a seat in Block F, Row 30. If you can't get through, it's on your side: clear cookies, try a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squonk_ie

Passenger wrote: »

Hi

Are you using the beta of IE9 by any chance? That happened to me until I used Chrome

Amusing to see that someone already has tickets up on eBay for €200 each: block G row 30. You can get Block F row 30 right now, legally, through the pre-sale. F-ing Scalpers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

You can get Block F row 30 right now, legally, through the pre-sale :mad:

How do you manage that? I'm only getting Block H Row 43 which aren't great seats and all the standing are gone at the moment.

dango wrote: »
    How do you manage that? I'm only getting Block H Row 43 which aren't great seats and all the standing are gone at the moment.
    I didn't select anything, that's just what they offered me 20 minutes ago. Standing is gone today, yes - but there might be more tomorrow. I don't know how they decide what to offer you. Try selecting a particular block and seeing what happens - I don't work for them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Woah there chief... Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Looks like the Rush.com presale has sold out as the link to buy tickets has been removed. I was looking to buy 2 more ticks for family, but I guess I will have to wait till morning. Just hope some decent seats left, as it will be 12 noon before I get to log in, could well be 2 late by then, by the looks of things.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Got Standing anyway. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Boohyah! Tickets booked! Cannot fing wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement