Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: O2 Dublin May 12 2011 (Confirmed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Rush!!! and I have tickets!!! Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got 4 standing tickets. One for me, my sister and two for my parents. Talk about the best family outing ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

ok then...now the next thing,,,

Car Parking at the O2...

I notice you can book a ticket for the Rush Gig....is there an earliest time you can get there...is there a latest time you can leave...is it a good idea to book it now?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

ticket got this morning nice and high up just the way i like seeing RUSH, lights/lazer show soo much better from that view ....cant wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

torby wrote: »
    ok then...now the next thing,,,

Car Parking at the O2...

I notice you can book a ticket for the Rush Gig....is there an earliest time you can get there...is there a latest time you can leave...is it a good idea to book it now?
    :)

I am curious about this too. What time is the car park open till and is it close to the O2 or some site a mile away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There is an underground car park with a few hundred spaces. The pedestrian entrance is in the open area in front of the O2, i.e., where the main entrance to the Point used to be, and a stone's throw away from the Luas stop. I don't think there's any real incentive to buy your car park ticket now, as it'll be the same amount on the night. The car park is twenty-four hours, as far as I know, since it also serves the Gibson Hotel, but even if it isn't, they'll certainly keep it open until long after any show ends.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Car park appears to be 50 yards from venue and as far as I can see an "evening ticket" (parking after 6.00pm) is 10 euro...thats all very well, but I've a long drive to get there and I don't want to be queuing for the carpark at five past six with hundreds of other cars when the show starts prrompt at 8.00pm.

Hopefully someone will have used the park and be able to give us better advice.

BTW I read that theres a covered link from the carpark to the venue anyway....

just noticed delberts post...cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Got my standing ticket this morning, yahoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I went back and took a look to see what's on offer, to get an idea of how well tickets are selling. If you ask for 1 ticket with the default options, Ticketmaster offers one in Block A, row 8, : one for fans of Alex, I guess. What if I select Block G (for Geddy)? I can get one in row 5, which is actually the front row of seats - but a bit too far to the side, perhaps!

Conclusion: I estimate it's about 2/3 sold out. Hope that improves by gig time, otherwise they won't be back ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boardwalk1

I am Psyched!!! Also have 2 spare tickets to sell for face value. Seat location: section BLOCK L, row 42, seats 154-155. I am in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

bnt, if it's 2/3rds filled on the first day of public sale, there will be little doubt, I feel, that it will be sold out come May.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

The new album is due in spring next year according to the entry on Wikipedia for Clockwork Angels; wouldn't it be outstanding if we were among the first to see parts of it live (apart from Caravan and BU2B(?)). The title track is meant to be 'epic' according to Lerxst.

Roll on May. Another reason to be excited.

bnt wrote: »

Conclusion: I estimate it's about 2/3 sold out. Hope that improves by gig time, otherwise they won't be back ...

I reckon this could easily be the last visit to Europe anyway, a lot of fans said that the opinion was S&A was going to be the last...the guys don't seem to like the really long hauls anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Cant see this being the last tour , not just yet anyway . I missed the 92 tour, busy getting seperated and divorced, so no shows from HYF until R30 . So i feel any european fans are still making up for lost time, and anyway the Boys are making a mint out of this tour, just look at the ticket prices for the UK shows. Anyway, after keeping the head and not panicing with the various pre-sales, i got Block C seats, 6 rows from the front, and also booked my tickets for Newcastle and the O2 in london .We went to Rotterdam for R30 so hopefully they will play there again, maybe get another weekend away .Did anyone hear Matt Cooper last night, he gave it loads about the Boys, and then Ian Dempsey read my text this morning about what a great day it was because i would be getting my first ever tickets for an irish Rush show . Life is good !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I got Block L. Woke up Wednesday, didn't get code till late, tried Block D was gone so was gonna wait till today. Then saw loads had gone so went for upper middle rather than side. Way near the back but don't care too much.

Rush...Dublin....me with tickets....awh-sume!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Last minute kinda thing, I ended up buying tickets through my phone, saw 'STAND' so just assumed it was ground floor standing and went for it. Logged into ticketmaster now and I see this:

Section STAND
    Row G4
    Seats 249 - 250

Can't find those seats on the map?? Why the f**k is it called STAND? What's going on here? I thought I had ground floor standing but er, I don't, or do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Can't find those seats on the map?? Why the f**k is it called STAND? What's going on here? I thought I had ground floor standing but er, I don't, or do I?

I think you do have standing, I remember being in a "section" at a previous standing O2 gig I was at... don't know what its purpose is.

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Last minute kinda thing, I ended up buying tickets through my phone, saw 'STAND' so just assumed it was ground floor standing and went for it. Logged into ticketmaster now and I see this:

Section STAND
    Row G4
    Seats 249 - 250

an earlier poster had said something similar, they contacted the venue and they def had standing tickets...from memory someone else had already said the optimum seating doesnt start til row 5...its probably just a "numbers "thing

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I am a jammy git if that's the case. I'm in Malaysia now, just checked ticketmaster randomly yesterday in the hope that it wasn't sold out. Fingers crossed anyway, thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Whats the story with standing btw? I got standing tickets in the o2 presale. Is standing just the "flat seating" area? does this mean there will only be around 1000 people standing or so? if so, thats amazing, will make it a lot easier getting up to the front!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The standing area is going to be pretty small by normal standards. For a fully seated show in the O2, there are fifteen rows of seats on the flat (Row A to P) with the tiered seats starting at Row 1 (obviously :D).
    Now, with the tiered seats starting at Row 5, they will start a bit further back than that, but for health and safety reasons, they're still going to make sure there is sufficient space between the back of the standing area and the start of the tiered rows.
    This ultimately means that we're talking about a very intimate standing area. The back of the standing area will be the equivalent distance from the stage of no more than twenty seated rows, and that's a brilliant prospect.
    \m/:p\m/

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The back of the standing area will be the equivalent distance from the stage of no more than twenty seated rows, and that's a brilliant prospect.

Absolutely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

God damnit! Could only get a seated ticket for the gig, really wanted to stand with my friends, does anyone know whether I could just go down to the standing area anyway regardless of my ticket...? Or maybe someone would like to do a swap? I don't want to be sitting up there on my own...

This is why I hate gig's in the 02 with bloody priority thing tickets always go too fast...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Can't believe how popular they are. And Matt Cooper admits he likes them - to the nation? The Matt Cooper who wrote 'Who (really) Rules Ieland'?

I mean, whenever I let it slip - I meet derision! :rolleyes:

Star Wars age 9 . com
    The Unintentionally Comic Adaptation of 1977-1983

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

So does anyone know wether or not you can go to the standing area even if you have a seated ticket or is the 02 very strict on that whole thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

Got standing the morning of release pitty my friends could not get tickets,
    looks like i'm rushing alone, anyone else in he same position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

BIGButters wrote: »
    pitty my friends could not get tickets,
    ?

I assume it's because they couldn't afford tickets rather than this being sold out? I'd love if it i did sell out, but there's no way. I still have these visions of me being the only person in the 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

Just watched ''Beyond the Lighted Stage" - fantastic Xmas pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

So does anyone know wether or not you can go to the standing area even if you have a seated ticket or is the 02 very strict on that whole thing?

extremely strict i would say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

johnnyivan wrote: »
    Just watched ''Beyond the Lighted Stage" - fantastic Xmas pressie.

great insight into the inner workings!
    just watched it myslef.
    BRING ON THE O2!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement