Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

The Fragrance of Afghanistan.............
    Really hope they play La Villa Strangiato.

...aboard the Thailand Express............

Get in...

Newcastle............

For those who don't know or aren't aware of.............

http://www.neilpeart.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Run like the wind,
    As excitement shivers up and down my spine.

Still can't wrap my head around going to rush tomorrow :)

If anyone missed the interview on today FM i made a little website i made in 2 mins with the interview embedded

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16293138/rushsite/index.html

And anyone interested in the setlist for tomorrow
    Set list

"The Spirit of Radio"
    "Time Stand Still"
    "Presto"
    "Stick It Out"
    "Workin' Them Angels"
    "Leave That Thing Alone"
    "Faithless"
    "BU2B" (from Clockwork Angels)
    "Freewill"
    "Marathon"
    "Subdivisions"

Intermission

"Tom Sawyer"
    "Red Barchetta"
    "YYZ"
    "Limelight"
    "The Camera Eye"
    "Witch Hunt"
    "Vital Signs"
    "Caravan" (from Clockwork Angels)
    "Love 4 Sale" (Drum solo)
    "Closer To The Heart"
    "2112 Overture / The Temples of Syrinx"
    "Far Cry"

Encore:

"La Villa Strangiato" (with polka intro)
    "Working Man" (with reggae intro and Cygnus X-1: Book I outro)

So, The Maples formed a Union............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Of ALL the gigs I've been to..... Today feels like... Its my first ever...Still cant belive ...RUSH on irish soil....:D:D:D Travelling up with mates and also meeting mates some of them we haven't met in 20+ years

Plan for today -Work till 1 (listening to Rush)
    Drive to Dublin (listening to Rush)
    Burdocks for fish and chips (no Rush...But it's Burdocks)
    Pub (listening to Rush)
    O2 (listening to Rush)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Seriously though!
    Whoever got organising with Rush and their management to get the boys over here is no small feat!
    Mucho kudos to them!!!
    Be in Da Big Smoke for 2.30 so ROCK ON from there onwards!
    Its going to be immense!!!
    c u there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Feeling really good this morning, can't believe after all these years, they are finally playing here, and it's tonight.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Working since from 8 last night till now,

Gots to get my few poached eggs down me with a cuppa tea and toast, get a few hours kip then hit the lonely road to Dublin for RUSH BABY!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!

Anywhere good in Dublin for a bite to eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Working since from 8 last night till now,

Gots to get my few poached eggs down me with a cuppa tea and toast, get a few hours kip then hit the lonely road to Dublin for RUSH BABY!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!

Anywhere good in Dublin for a bite to eat?

If you do get the luas, jump off at Abbey Street and head into the grand central pub on the corner of o connell street. Get grub and drink and just jump back on the tram for the 02. See you all tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChairmanWow

Jesus today has finally come after 29 years (for me)!
    Posting another link for the interview last night, which was very good, from rushisaband - check out the comment about Geddy and Phil Lynotts statue - priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tmccar

Jesus today has finally come after 29 years (for me)!

That is blasphemy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChairmanWow

tmccar wrote: »
    That is blasphemy

There are at least two ways of interpreting your outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Reckon they'll be bombing around the venue early today? I would love to get some stuff signed and they seem genuinely approachable, well apart from Neil whos is imensely shy).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only 6 years of listening for me, but my God I cannot to get moving. Never thought I'd see the day, its gonna be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

ffs! just tried ticketmaster and got this

Section
    BLOCKD
    Row
    Seats
    107 - 108
    Description
    BY PARENT / GUARDIAN
    U16S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED
    TIERED SEATING
    BLOCK D
    PRICE LEVEL 1

is anyone going...how come these tickets are STILL available.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And my "best available" on pre-sale morning were Block L Row 50:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

man, no offence but I don't care how many are going ... all I know is I'M going :cool::cool:

Is it just me or is the clock going very slow today !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

torby wrote: »
    ffs! just tried ticketmaster and got this

Section
    BLOCKD
    Row
    Seats
    107 - 108
    Description
    BY PARENT / GUARDIAN
    U16S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED
    TIERED SEATING
    BLOCK D
    PRICE LEVEL 1

is anyone going...how come these tickets are STILL available.

From what I have heard there are 8500 tickets approx sold.

rednik wrote: »

and from other Rush fans like me on here...us presale purchasers have been shafted as we're all miles from the front...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Mushy wrote: »
    And my "best available" on pre-sale morning were Block L Row 50:mad:

Likewise, its a joke that there could be people potentially scattered all over the seated area, they'd never close off the top sections and bump everyone up to the front? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

torby wrote: »
    and from other Rush fans like me on here...us presale purchasers have been shafted as we're all miles from the front...!

Seems to be the norm with most O2 presales torby.......

even if it had sold out there'd always be the chance some tickets would be available today - returns, cancellations etc.........
    but they were great seats to be still floating around at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mushy wrote: »
    Only 6 years of listening for me, but my God I cannot to get moving. Never thought I'd see the day, its gonna be sweet!

About 20 years myself..and I'm only 27 :D Can blame my da on that one.

did another search no expensive tickets came back...any price available tickets showing block k...what gives....glad I'm not for Roger Waters....lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

When I was ordering last Thursday there was seat available in Block E but when I eventually went to order I was offered seat in Blocks G and A which I think are on the wings. But later on Thursday night I went back again I managed to pick up a in Block C, happy days!

Got say its weird as the "Best Available" option seems to be a bit of a scam really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Good seats often - but not always - become available if O2 Club customers and/or corporate sponsors don't take them. They're put back on the system in the last few days before the show. For example, I was offered the middle of the second row of the centre block (Block D) for Eric Clapton last Monday, the day of the concert. Since tonight's show is the "optimum standing" configuration, that's effectively the same as being offered Row 6 for tonight, as Row 6 is the second row, 'cos the seats start in Row 5 for Rush.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

rednik wrote: »

Wow, only 500 left then.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

A mate of mine just texted me saying he saw Geddy Lee having a smoke outside the windjammer pub. That can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Didn't Geddy quit years ago?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

I'm getting excited now....only a 2 1/2 hr drive to get there....wonder should I leave now.....lol....have to get the son out of bed and get his "Feedback" Tee on....lol...

Advertisement