Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Work is gonna crawl today :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Head a sneaky look at the setlist a few day back...one of the encore songs made my jaw drop, cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hey Delbert - any idea what the standing capacity in the Optimum Standing setup ? can't seem to see it listed anywhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

I saw them in the SECC in Glasgow (big arena) and there was no standing at all, from what I've heard, Rush favour seated arenas....probably realise most of their fans are like me (in their 50's) and need to sit down....lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Anyone have an idea what time they'll be onstage at? I completely forgot about this so Id be in late :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's not listed anywhere, but if you consider it's about the equivalent of fifteen or sixteen rows of seats, which would house about 900 people at a fully seated show, then allow for transforming that size area into a standing section. I'd say 3,500-4,000, but that's only a rough estimate.

It'll be awesome. \m/:D\m/

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Bambi wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what time they'll be onstage at? I completely forgot about this so Id be in late :mad:

Onstage at 8 according to the O2 site.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

torby wrote: »
    I saw them in the SECC in Glasgow (big arena) and there was no standing at all, from what I've heard, Rush favour seated arenas....probably realise most of their fans are like me (in their 50's) and need to sit down....lol...

A 3.5 hour gig would kill anyone in the standing section!:p

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Onstage at 8 according to the O2 site.

Theres been a debate about this on the thread...some sources are saying 7.30....confusion abounds....lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Cheers Delbert - that's what I was thinkin myself, just don't know why they don't have the various setup capacities listed anywhere.......

Demios - I really don't get why so many people are saying this, most gig's I go to would have at least 1 if not more supports, with that and a main act doing 1.5 to 2hrs of a set you'd easily be standing for 3 hrs........I've been to plenty of 4/5 band gigs where you'd be standing for well over 4 hours.......it's not all that uncommon.......maybe with the age group expected for this show people will be in bits......

torby - I've heard this 7:30 think a few times now, to me it makes sense as there'd be breaking the O2 curfew finishing at 11:30......but surely it would be advertised somewhere if they've changed the start time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

See you all there later, standing oh yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Demios wrote: »
    A 3.5 hour gig would kill anyone in the standing section!:p

I'm standing and I have a very dodgy leg from a bad break a couple of years ago. It's going to be a nightmare and somewhat painful but I don't care to be honest. The last time I saw them I was sitting..and as great as it was, I want to be within reaching distance this time! Might go a bit extra early to try and get a railing position so I can at least lean on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

You should probably start queueing right about now then.

Richy06 wrote: »

yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Theres been a debate about this on the thread...some sources are saying 7.30....confusion abounds....lol...

The O2 site says they are on stage at 8 sharp, I don't see any reason to assume different

EggsAckley wrote: »
    The O2 site says they are on stage at 8 sharp, I don't see any reason to assume different

I agree, but the radio interview on Nova said 7.30 as did a fan on the Rush Facebook page who claimed he confirmed it...better too early than too late I think....

NIBBS wrote: »
    I've heard this 7:30 think a few times now, to me it makes sense as there'd be breaking the O2 curfew finishing at 11:30......but surely it would be advertised somewhere if they've changed the start time ?

I can see why they would start at 7.30, but you would expect the O2 site to update if the time was changed. Either way, I'll be there for 7.30 just in case it starts then.

Can anyone confirm the length of the show? I know it is advertised as three and a half hours, but does this include the intermission? I have heard from someone that it will be 3 and a half hour music, and the intermission, making it a 4 hour show. I had presumed that the intermission was included in the advertised length.

Yeah, standing outside the O2 for 6 hours waiting for the doors to open sounds about right for a dodgy leg ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Been playing Rush all day in work. Getting super geared up now :)

Seems like only yesterday we were sitting around going "6 months man! I can't wait that looooong!"

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I agree, but the radio interview on Nova said 7.30 as did a fan on the Rush Facebook page who claimed he confirmed it...better too early than too late I think....

Someone asked Radio Nova about this on Twitter and they replied saying they made a mistake and the start time is 8. I think you're right though, better to be a bit early - I wouldn't put it past the O2 to start it a bit early so they can get people out early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

MollyZ wrote: »
    Someone asked Radio Nova about this on Twitter and they replied saying they made a mistake and the start time is 8. I think you're right though, better to be a bit early - I wouldn't put it past the O2 to start it a bit early so they can get people out early.

I hope that wasn't their plan for Guns 'N Roses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

JBnaglfar wrote: »

Can anyone confirm the length of the show? I know it is advertised as three and a half hours, but does this include the intermission? I have heard from someone that it will be 3 and a half hour music, and the intermission, making it a 4 hour show. I had presumed that the intermission was included in the advertised length.

It's advertised as 3 and a half hours including the intermission. There are a couple of shows from this tour on Dime and they seem to run at just under three hours without the intermission.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'm just guessing. But I'd say I wouldn't be too far wrong!

I'm just guessing. But I'd say I wouldn't be too far wrong!

Yeah I agree, I'd say there will be a few queuing up soon if not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭johnnyivan

EggsAckley wrote: »

In Sheffield for 'Snakes & Arrows' it really was 8pm SHARP. Absolute professionals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Yeah same deal for Snakes and Arrows in Manchester. 8 sharp and was over around half 11. Cant wait to see them again!

Master of the Universe

When I arrived at Wembley for Snakes and Arrows my Mam and dad and one of my sisters went in ahead first. When myself and my other sister were going in there was a problem with our tickets. They wouldn't let us in and told us to go to the box office. We absolutely freaked out. Thought that was it :( Shouted after my folks but they couldn't hear us and vanished into the crowd.

It turns out that our seats had been removed to make more space. But for our trouble they upgraded the whole lot of us to the best seats in the place.

Extremely scary 15-20 minutes though!

Master of the Universe

Okay, double post I know, but I'm just at the guitar solo at 17:00 of 2112 Overture and ahhh, RUSH TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

there was a rush reference in the latest episode of South Park. getting the bus from Waterford at 3.30 looking forward to it

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    there was a rush reference in the latest episode of South Park. getting the bus from Waterford at 3.30 looking forward to it

They had a South Park clip on the big screen during the Snakes and Arrows tour.

Advertisement