Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Im going to the O2 with the gang, and im bringing the missus to Newcastle for the 21st . However im going to the O2 in london on my mown, and it wont bother me. Wgen you go to a Rush gig, you are never on your own, you truely are among friends. I think im starting to sound like one of those american jesus freaks. When i meet customers during the day, i find myself asking have they ever heard of Rush? You would be really surprised who as, one shop i call to, the checker is a mid 20s slovakian guy, and he knew all about Rush, just shows you !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

CiaranK wrote: »
    Cool, I was thinking of going just before the doors were opening. Should be enough time (I hope). Thanks!

Obviously, the nearer the better, but the standing area is so small at this, that even if you're at the very back of the floor, you're still only going to be the equivalent of about fifteen seated rows back from the stage, which is nothing.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

well - Never Say Die will be doing an AFTER RUSH gig on same night, ill be at RUSH of course haha then bale back to FIBBERS2 wil be a great rocking night and 5 RUSH tracks in the set too ;) Galwayrush knows i'll deliver Peart style drum pounding for the night haha ...
    so come along dudes will be a rocking night haha. Also maybe we can meet there PRE gig as the manager there is prepared to open a bit early to accom meeting RUSH fans etc

so see yas that night , ciao' amigos.....Baggio.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Folks, for anyone trying to get standing tickets, they are BACK ON SALE on ticketmaster! go get 'em!

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Folks, for anyone trying to get standing tickets, they are BACK ON SALE on ticketmaster! go get 'em!

Looks like they're gone again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

grimm2005 wrote: »

Thanks man - I'm very grateful for this post. I snapped one up before they got sold out. Up the bileedin front for Rush in Dublin, wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

One month today, link to my favourite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2k4Jo9895E

What sort of attendance can we expect 7,000 or 8,000 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'd say it will sell out in the last week or two before it. Si I'm guessing between 13'000 and 14'000 (I think thats what the o2 Holds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

one of mine also!!
    sweetness!
    what a bass sound(rickenbacker i imagine)

I love this radio station!

http://www.rushradio.org/
    best station on the net!
    I cannot flippin wait for the 12th!
    sean

PS
    This one isnt bad either!!!
    http://www.rush.net/radiox3/

ENJOY!

RayCon wrote: »

class or what!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

CiaranK wrote: »
    I'd say it will sell out in the last week or two before it. Si I'm guessing between 13'000 and 14'000 (I think thats what the o2 Holds)

9000 is the O2 capacity for rock concerts, might be a safety issue, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Seating capacity is 9000, actual capacity is over 14000.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

From watching on YouTube these intro, 2nd set and outro videos are kinda long and boring. They shouldn't end the show with a video. It has put me off going. They should stick to the music.

From watching on YouTube these intro, 2nd set and outro videos are kinda long and boring. They shouldn't end the show with a video. It has put me off going. They should stick to the music.

Jaysus that's a pathetic excuse for not wanting to go ..... the video's are an integral part of the show and are often hilarious. Thats like saying Angus should stop wearing the uniform, or Kiss should stop with the confetti and flames, or Maiden should retire Eddie etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Jaysus that's a pathetic excuse for not wanting to go ..... the video's are an integral part of the show and are often hilarious. Thats like saying Angus should stop wearing the uniform, or Kiss should stop with the confetti and flames, or Maiden should retire Eddie etc

have to agree there, tis a bit ridiculous that a couple of short videos being played would put someone off going to a gig, it's a 3hr show for gods sake! you're getting a far longer setlist then you would for any other band and a brilliant one at that, not to mention Rush coming to Ireland is quite unbelievable in itself.

The lack of crowd interaction has put me off going too. It looks like they just go from one song to the next and lots of them are newer tracks. I'm going to sell my standing tickets for 40 each on ebay. PM for details. (sorry for breaking the no ticket selling on this board rule)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

The lack of crowd interaction has put me off going too. It looks like they just go from one song to the next and lots of them are newer tracks. I'm going to sell my standing tickets for 40 each on ebay. PM for details. (sorry for breaking the no ticket selling on this board rule)

Newer tracks? They're playing Moving Pictures. In its entirity. The whole album, from 1980. And the newer stuff is pretty good too (Snakes & Arrows is a cracking album).

Anyway...it's Rush! I'll honestly say that I have never seen a better live act, and I've seen a lot of the big Rock/Metal acts, no-one comes close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

3 hours of music is incredible. Have you ever experienced Rush live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

The lack of crowd interaction has put me off going too. It looks like they just go from one song to the next and lots of them are newer tracks.
    :pac:
    And from some of the videos i've seen on youtube they talk to the crowd a fair bit during the set

You will be regretting not going if you sell your tickets!, i had to force my friend to buy a ticket because was a bit meh about goin, and now he cant understand why he did'nt want to go now that he has them.

Its only 3 weeks away too! im sure you'll change your mind as it gets closer :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

peter1892 wrote: »
    Newer tracks? They're playing Moving Pictures. In its entirity. The whole album, from 1980. And the newer stuff is pretty good too (Snakes & Arrows is a cracking album).
    Agreed, I've only gotten S&A recently and am definitely hoping to hear a few tracks from it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

All the guys in chicken suits and ape suits and **** like that makes it look gimmicky. They should just do a straight forward concert. Also the graphics on the screen during some of the songs look really low budget.

All the guys in chicken suits and ape suits and **** like that makes it look gimmicky. They should just do a straight forward concert. Also the graphics on the screen during some of the songs look really low budget.

I for one dont give a hoot what is on the screen!
    I am there as anytime I wanted to see my favorite band I had to travel to the UK.
    Here they are 1hour 30mins away from me !!!
    They could put up rachel allen cooking and poshly saying "Butta" on the screen I would still love it!!!
    ROCK ON BABY!
    O2 HERE I COME
    STICK IT OUT!!!

Does anybody not think it takes away from it having all these gimmicks? They certainly don't need them. That's what annoys me. Wouldn't you prefer to leave the O2 with one of their classics still ringing in your ears rather than a long video featuring two B List actors? For a band with so many great songs this is a confusing way to end the show. I mean even if they came back on after it for a 2nd encore to play Fly By Night or something. Please, somebody tell me I have a valid point..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Lol. Concert fail on your part if you are put of by trivialties such as those you've mentioned.

Does anybody not think it takes away from it having all these gimmicks? They certainly don't need them. That's what annoys me. Wouldn't you prefer to leave the O2 with one of their classics still ringing in your ears rather than a long video featuring two B List actors? For a band with so many great songs this is a confusing way to end the show. I mean even if they came back on after it for a 2nd encore to play Fly By Night or something. Please, somebody tell me I have a valid point..................................

Re: 1st intro, stay in the bar for 5mins extra. Re: Last intro, head for the exit, sorted.

I'm not a great fan of these intros, but everyone to their own, but they definitely won't be interfering in what will be a special night.

On a different note, I have received info on a cool T-shirt that will be available in a week or so time, featuring the guiness logo & the 2112 starman. Will be available to buy then, but no idea of cost as yet. I'm sure a few of you have probably seen design already, I for one will be getting one, way better than any of the official tour shirts I have seen. will post link here to view as soon as I recieve info.

I'm sure a few of you have probably seen design already, I for one will be getting one, way better than any of the official tour shirts I have seen. will post link here to view as soon as I recieve info.

Very interested - sounds great .... haven't seen the design either so if you have it can you PM please ...

• Advertisement

Very interested - sounds great .... haven't seen the design either so if you have it can you PM please ...

PM sent Ray.

Advertisement