Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Re: 1st intro, stay in the bar for 5mins extra. Re: Last intro, head for the exit, sorted.

I'm not a great fan of these intros, but everyone to their own, but they definitely won't be interfering in what will be a special night.

On a different note, I have received info on a cool T-shirt that will be available in a week or so time, featuring the guiness logo & the 2112 starman. Will be available to buy then, but no idea of cost as yet. I'm sure a few of you have probably seen design already, I for one will be getting one, way better than any of the official tour shirts I have seen. will post link here to view as soon as I recieve info.

I remember seeing some guys last time in London with similar sounding t-shirts, with the logo, Paddies On Tour. They were excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

That Guinness Starman t-shirt is pretty damn cool, a real keepsake. I'll have my Farewell to Kings t-shirt on at the gig, but I might be tempted to get the Guinness Starman t-shirt if it's not too pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

PM sent Ray.

Thanks man ... cool shirt :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Interview with Neil in new issue Classic Rock and lots more Rush stuff.

97E05211DF0B4C41833CF0FAF5585DB2-0000336305-0002284764-00500L-2429EBE6B6624261A85373F7C4FA943F.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really looking forward to this. Must get that Prog mag. Any chance of PM'ing me with that Guinness t-shirt...may have to be bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Mushy wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Must get that Prog mag. Any chance of PM'ing me with that Guinness t-shirt...may have to be bought.

Should be available to buy on ebay this week, as soon as I recieve link, I will post here.

Just over 2 weeks now, won't be long going in. Looks to be selling well also, surprising how many closet Rush fans there must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Hey all, Looking forward to the concert - been following this thread since it was announced. In a rush of excitement (pardon) I picked up 4 extra tickets that I don't think I will need - they are all together. If anyone is looking for some at a bargain price - I'm going to list them over in adverts on this username. Will sell in pairs. linky: http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/rush/570362

yankinlk wrote: »

Just read your advert ... that Shaneosexual bloke seems a bit of a bull5hit artist ... one min he's saying he's selling his standing tickets on this very thread , next he's offering to buy your seating tix ... hhhhhmmmmmmm beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

RayCon wrote: »
    Just read your advert ... that Shaneosexual bloke seems a bit of a bull5hit artist ... one min he's saying he's selling his standing tickets on this very thread , next he's offering to buy your seating tix ... hhhhhmmmmmmm beware.

For your information I sold two of standing tickets cause my mates couldn't get over from England and I still had one standing ticket left for myself, but I didn't want to go alone. That's why I'm trying to get seated tickets because now another mate wants to go with me and we can't get him another standing ticket, so we're buying two seated ones.
    So please don't sully my character or try sabotage my chances of getting my friend and I seated tickets. It's not very fair or nice considering all I want to do is attend a concert with a mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChairmanWow

Crap interview with Geddy by Kevin Courtney in todays Irish Times: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2011/0429/1224295653900.html

Pity he didn't answer the question: "This is your first Irish visit. Why have you neglected us?" with "To avoid answering inane bull**** from assholes like you, you tool."

• Advertisement

The royal wedding party were seen at a rock gig last nite, to keep the nerves in check:

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h465/danforthandpape/Random/RushFans.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Hmmm. William not a fan of A Farewell to Kings, then... :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Crap interview with Geddy by Kevin Courtney in todays Irish Times: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2011/0429/1224295653900.html

Pity he didn't answer the question: "This is your first Irish visit. Why have you neglected us?" with "To avoid answering inane bull**** from assholes like you, you tool."
    Do women come to your shows of their own free will, or are they mostly dragged there by their husbands?

We let the women in if they insist on coming. Some of them are willing.

:D Some man

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

273 Hours to go ! and counting, well it is The Time machine Tour

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hurry up! Hurry up!!! Can't wait any longer.....been too long since Stockholm!!!!!!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

trust me guys....the show will be fantastic I have seen 3 different concert dates of this latest tour (all on HQ dvd distributed free between fans, easily found online if you are a true fan) and the shows are spectacular, the videos are an integral part of the gig, as for someone saying the animations and visuals are cheap and tacky ( I assume they're talking about the Moving Pictures section) I think they've missed the point....lol...

now if I can just figure out what time the carpark is available for those that pre purchased a parking ticket....any clues....last time I saw Rush I went to Glasgow...so parking wasn't a problem....this time I'm driving....

any update on the Guiness tee shirts yet?

torby wrote: »

any update on the Guiness tee shirts yet?

Still waiting on email with link. E-mailed the guy on friday, but as of yet no response. As soon as I receive will post link here.

Whats the betting Alex is relaxing here for a few days before gig.:D
    http://www.whatahotel.com/Hotels/kclub.html?gclid=CK-m35LAx6gCFUtC4QodlCfQog

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

torby wrote: »
    (all on HQ dvd distributed free between fans, easily found online if you are a true fan)

And for anyone that's interested in getting such dvd's they can be found in the "Different Stages" thread at - TheRushForum

Or over at DIME, The best taper IMO is a guy called Tapehead2. He recorded the show at MSG April 10th and quality is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seamunki

Evening All.
    Latecomer to this thread. Been going to the UK to see RUSH since 1988 (with my Dad, who's also going May 12th!).

I've always sat at RUSH concerts before, but ended up on my feet like most others.
    I'm happy to be standing at this gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

seamunki wrote: »
    Evening All.
    Latecomer to this thread. Been going to the UK to see RUSH since 1988 (with my Dad, who's also going May 12th!).

I've always sat at RUSH concerts before, but ended up on my feet like most others.
    I'm happy to be standing at this gig!

if your dads my age...53....he might prefer to have a seat to fall back on....its a long show....

• Advertisement

Still waiting on email with link. E-mailed the guy on friday, but as of yet no response. As soon as I receive will post link here.

Hi all, if anyone else knows were we can get our hands on the guiness starman t-shirts for May 12th, please post details here, as my contact appears to have dropped off the face of the earth!:confused:

Recieved e-mail this evening re: Starman T-shirts should be on sale on e-bay by end of week, as soon as I get info I will post a link. no idea of cost yet though, so you can make your mind up when you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Larry Gogan plays spirit of radio in its entirety on the golden hour.
    thought I was hearing things.
    You beauty. Must be a sign.
    Check out radio Nova as they seem to be plugging the gig bigtime .
    I cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Im going to the concert alone from Waterford. Im getting the kavanghs bus up and that stops at eden quay and the o2 is about 30 min walk from there i think its just a straight walk down.

Anyway when the concert is over the bus going back doesnt leave till 0.55am and the concert would be over 11.00-11.10. are the quays in dublin a safe place to be alone ???. I have be offerd a lift after the concert but that involves Someone driving up from Waterford in which i think is very spoiled of me but would that be a safer option than waiting around in dublin alone

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Im going to the concert alone from Waterford. Im getting the kavanghs bus up and that stops at eden quay and the o2 is about 30 min walk from there i think its just a straight walk down.

Anyway when the concert is over the bus going back doesnt leave till 0.55am and the concert would be over 11.00-11.10. are the quays in dublin a safe place to be alone ???. I have be offerd a lift after the concert but that involves Someone driving up from Waterford in which i think is very spoiled of me but would that be a safer option than waiting around in dublin alone

I understand there is an after after party within.

PTH, even though you are on your own, doesn't mean you are going to be actually alone, it's Rush for F***s sake. A lot of us are meeting in Fibbers Ormonde Quay pre gig & drinks after then. You can meet there if you want, but there will be plenty craic pre & post gig.:D

Are the quays in dublin a safe place to be alone ???.

To answer your question PTH - the Quays wouldn't be the safest place to be at night. Fair share of junkies / drunks and general scumbags with little or no Garda presence.

There are some late Rock bars along the Quays that should be busy with Rush fans for you to have some post-Gig drinks in until it's time for your bus.

Fibbers Rock Bar or Gypsy Rose

RayCon wrote: »
    To answer your question PTH - the Quays wouldn't be the safest place to be at night. Fair share of junkies / drunks and general scumbags with little or no Garda presence.

There are some late Rock bars along the Quays that should be busy with Rush fans for you to have some post-Gig drinks in until it's time for your bus.

Fibbers Rock Bar or Gypsy Rose

Up near Chinatown (I am from Galway) sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Dont worry guys,

Fibbers on the quayes is where its at, we in " Never Say Die " will be doing an after gig party - a 2 hour set of classic rock including 4 Rush tracks!!, so get yurselves there before and after will be good.

will post in gigs/events full details tommorow cant wait!!

ciao' amigos...Baggio.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Fibbers 2 Rock Bar on the Quayes i meant to type!!

me and my over fast typing!! hahaa ;)

Advertisement