Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

The European Leg of The Time Machine 2011 tour started last night in Helsinki.
    Just one week to go to Rush in The O2, can't wait for this.
    I haven't seen them before and had given up all hope for them to play in Ireland, but now it's going to happen. I feel a defining moment in my life approaching. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GIm the exact same, going to be immense. Next Thursday in work is going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Off from Tues for a week, probably will need it too ;););).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I have Thurs booked off work .... head down around the venue about 5pm for some beers and atmosphere .... there's about 10 of us .... going to be EPIC !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Found out I have to work till 9PM that day, quite pissed off :(

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Like some others here, this will be my first time to see Rush. I have seen most of my favourite bands since I started going to gigs, but none of them compare to the excitement building up before this gig. The only thing close to it is the anticipation felt before my first ever gig. Not quite knowing what that first experience would bring, taking that first small step into the world of gigs - that feeling never quite returned with any gig since. Until now. Roll on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Jelle1880 wrote: »

I feel a sicky coming on!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I was thinking of going to this, then my first exam gets announced for the Friday, so no way in hell I can go now =/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So the show starts at 8.00pm and theres a half an hour break and its 3.5 hours long so what time will the show be actually over.

i think they might do it this way.

8.00pm-start
    9.15- Break
    9.45- Second Half
    11.15- End of show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

11.15 finish...... I hope so!!!

am behind the kit at 11.45 ahhah ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

The show is actually around 2h 30m long and about a 20 minute interval, so will probably be over about 10.50.
    By the way, the Guinness Starman T shirts are up on Ebay now but they're going very quickly.

L - 120720594617

XL - 120720595400

M - 120720595982

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So the show starts at 8.00pm and theres a half an hour break and its 3.5 hours long so what time will the show be actually over.

i think they might do it this way.

8.00pm-start
    9.15- Break
    9.45- Second Half
    11.15- End of show

Lads, anyone thats interested Guiness Rush T-shirts on e-bay now at link below. Hopefully a second batch might go up as they are selling well by the looks of it:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Dublin+Rush+T+shirts&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Will tshirts arrive by Wednesday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

Saw them in Newcastle a few years ago. Brilliant. Bringing my 14yr old son to this one, cant wait.

Mushy wrote: »
    Will tshirts arrive by Wednesday?

I would imagine so, but you would need to ask the seller that particular question to be sure.

I would imagine so, but you would need to ask the seller that particular question to be sure.

Yeah.I ordered anyway, it said 2-3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

2112 wrote: »
    Saw them in Newcastle a few years ago. Brilliant. Bringing my 14yr old son to this one, cant wait.

That's class. Is he a rush fan too?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

here you go, they look fantastic....
    rushback.jpg
    rushfront.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Lads, anyone thats interested Guiness Rush T-shirts on e-bay now at link below. Hopefully a second batch might go up as they are selling well by the looks of it:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Dublin+Rush+T+shirts&_sacat=See-All-Categories
    Are these going to he on sale at the gig?30 Sterling a Tad steep no?

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Are these going to he on sale at the gig?30 Sterling a Tad steep no?

Sean, I have nothing to do with the selling of these, but I'm sure there will be some knocking about for sale on thursday. had to get one as I've outgrown my snakes tour shirt!:eek:

Sean, I have nothing to do with the selling of these, but I'm sure there will be some knocking about for sale on thursday. had to get one as I've outgrown my snakes tour shirt!:eek:

Just over 30 squids for an unofficial shirt is a but much I think(if they are unofficial)
    I mean official ones would be around the same price in the o2.
    That's all.
    nice design though

Small production run probably has the costs so high but you're right , 30Euro for a bootleg shirt (even if the design is a very good job) is waaaaay over the odds.

Guarantee there'll be decent bootleg shirts outside the gig - €20 before the show, €10 after - when there's a panic to shift them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I probably would of bought one but had already bought one of these tshirts last week in preparation . Reasonable price with delivery and is a good quality material,not thin and doesn't feel cheap. Not a very fashionable cut though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUSH-2112-NEW-OFFICIAL-T-SHIRT-ALL-SIZES-/170585171038?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8961876663979758295#ht_1970wt_689

Inbox wrote: »
    I probably would of bought one but had already bought one of these tshirts last week in preparation . Reasonable price with delivery and is a good quality material,not thin and doesn't feel cheap. Not a very fashionable cut though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RUSH-2112-NEW-OFFICIAL-T-SHIRT-ALL-SIZES-/170585171038?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8961876663979758295#ht_1970wt_689

some nice ones there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Cooper who is probably Irelands highest profile Rush fan will be doing something on the band next week (he hopes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

RayCon wrote: »
    Guarantee there'll be decent bootleg shirts outside the gig - €20 before the show, €10 after - when there's a panic to shift them.

Every single O2 gig i've been to i've been able to get a bootleg shirt outside for €10 before the show, either outside the jurys hotel on the way up to the o2 or closer to the venue itself.
    They're clearly unofficial as they don't have the same quality as official shirts but theyve held up perfectly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SLK2005

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

Yeah Groovie he loves them. Bringing him To Clapton and Roger Waters as well. He's already been to Horslips,Skynyrd and G&Rs. good taste what?. He's playing guitar and trying to start a band. Maybe when he is famous I can live off him:D

• Advertisement

Inbox wrote: »

good fit?
    thanks
    s

Advertisement