Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I have a few Rush shirts already but I really like this one from their Merch Shop

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/mens-apparel/index.html

RUGP361000_000.jpg
    RUGP361000_002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

seanin4711 wrote: »
    good fit?
    thanks
    s

The ad gives the actual pit to pit measurements so just measure your own fav tee to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

2112 wrote: »
    Yeah Groovie he loves them. Bringing him To Clapton and Roger Waters as well. He's already been to Horslips,Skynyrd and G&Rs. good taste what?. He's playing guitar and trying to start a band. Maybe when he is famous I can live off him:D

You have it all worked out! I must remember this in 10 years when my young fella is a teenager! Kerannnnggg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is an amazing track and better again its new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSgiFuGOZW4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

2 of my mates were at Stockholm last night ... reports are Rush are on fire.

5 days to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I have a selection of t-shirts from the last 2 tours, but last year i found my original signals t-shirt from wembley may 17th & 18th , 1983 . The problem is that, it has shrunk, and i have grown. Anyone got any sensible suggestions for how to stretch it, cause shrinking me aint an option, not in 5 days anyway .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

So close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I cannot believe t'fcuk that the gig is this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Anyone got any sensible suggestions for how to stretch it, cause shrinking me aint an option, not in 5 days anyway .

One option is to wrap it around the back of an armchair (i.e., put the t-shirt on over the back of it) or else wrap a towel (or another garment) around a kitchen chair and put the t-shirt on over that. You do this in order that the wooden frame doesn't leave indentations on your Rush shirt. I mean, you can always iron them out afterwards (making sure that you don't touch the print!) but it's best not to get them in the first place. Don't overdo it though. I don't know how much you need to increase the size, but overstretching it will cause cracks (or increase existing ones) in the actual print.

The management accept no responsibility, ya da, ya da...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Shock ! Horror ! I tried my 83 Signals shirt this morning, its a wee bit tight, but it will do .So, i'll be the slightly overweight baldy, in the genuine 28 year old Signals , Eurotour 83 T-shirt. YES!!!!!

• Advertisement

I have to make do with the guinness tshirt. Will be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Does anyone know, anywhere in town, in dublin, that sells rush t-shirts? might be a bit to late to order one and id really like for the gig:P

check out the guiness t-shirt lad on ebay, he will be in dublin before the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Does anyone know, anywhere in town, in dublin, that sells rush t-shirts? might be a bit to late to order one and id really like for the gig:P

You'll get a bootleg one on the way to/outside the gig, thats my plan anyway as i am broke!

we got some cracking stuff outside the gigs after the shows in the Uk
    im sure there will be plenty of stuff available outside the O2 on thursday night . Although as a fan i want to support the band, i have toi say the stuff inside is way over priced . i dont think the quality is any better inside but the prices are way way higher. I don't mind paying a bit more, but i think they have been taking the biscuit tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

If it's raining, I'll wear my Time Machine anorak! :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

This was the first time i heard or saw anything to do with Rush and a short time later after seeing this im seeing them live in Dublin.:D:D

Ill be arriving in bus aras at 6.30-6.45 on Thursday and probly get the luas down to the o2 (will there be much of a crowd on the luas), is the o2 walkable from Bus aras

Its walkable but luas may have more jovial atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have not been this excited about a gig in a very long time.

In fact, the last time I was this excited about a gig was seeing Rush in the UK :D ..which is still nowhere near the excitement of seeing them in Dublin.

Couldn't help but have a peek at the track list for the night.
    "Working Man" (with reggae intro and Cygnus X-1: Book I outro)

Cant wait to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

3 standing tickets available if anyone knows anyone interested.. completely gutted i cant go now :-(

http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/3-x-rush-tickets-for-dublin-o2-gig-this-thurs-60-quid-each/588996

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Heathen wrote: »
    3 standing tickets available if anyone knows anyone interested.. completely gutted i cant go now :-(

http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/3-x-rush-tickets-for-dublin-o2-gig-this-thurs-60-quid-each/588996

Gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

RayCon wrote: »
    I have a few Rush shirts already but I really like this one from their Merch Shop

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/mens-apparel/index.html

RUGP361000_000.jpg
    RUGP361000_002.jpg
    Love gup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Its going to be epic
    I would travel to see Rush UK usually but to have them down the motorway is Fab.
    can't wait better
    curb my enthusiasm! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

Really looking forward to the gig on Thurs, it's the event of the year as far as i'm concerned.
    Thinking of taking a days leave and dedicating the whole day to Rush activities. And also Guinness of course....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just a few days ladies and gents!!

Whats the story with bringing a camera into gigs in the O2? is it allowed/tolerated

Also will there be any issue with getting to the Luas station at the Red Cow after the gig??

Thanks to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

Just a few days ladies and gents!!

Whats the story with bringing a camera into gigs in the O2? is it allowed/tolerated

Also will there be any issue with getting to the Luas station at the Red Cow after the gig??

Thanks to you!

wondered about the camera bit as well, as far as I can see any concert they have done there's loads of cameras, camera phones etc, if you see the number of bootleg DVDs out there, theres one with some guy made while he was actually standing beside the official Rush cameraman...so go figure, I always got the impression that Rush were happy as long as no one profits from it...thats why all the DVDs out there are traded for free between fans...so unless the O2 have a different policy...I'm taking a chance...besides with some phones nowadays having 5, 6 or 7 megapixel cameras I dont see how they can stop it...I wouldn't chance walking in with the lastes Sony or Canon HD cam with a massive lens and be asking the guys at the desk for an audio feed!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

just a headsup....found this on facebook where there's a bit of discussion about the start time

"Contacted SRO and they should be onstage between 7.30 and 8"

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Geddy is on Radio Nova tomorrow around 6 I think. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

CiaranK wrote: »
    Geddy is on Radio Nova tomorrow around 6 I think. Should be interesting.

Thanks for the headsup!;)

• Advertisement

the band must be on a mini holiday in ireland if Geddy is going to be live in studio for nova.

Rush in Ireland 2011 will be better than the Queen and Obamas vists combined lol

Advertisement