Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just a few days ladies and gents!!

Whats the story with bringing a camera into gigs in the O2? is it allowed/tolerated

Also will there be any issue with getting to the Luas station at the Red Cow after the gig??

Thanks to you!

The last tram to Tallaght is at 12:30 so you will have no problem getting back to the Red Cow. Just make sure you get a return ticket as this will save you getting into the queue at the tkt machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

CiaranK wrote: »
    Geddy is on Radio Nova tomorrow around 6 I think. Should be interesting.

I will keep my ears peeled!!!
    Were Nova having a meet and greet comp???
    thought I heard that somewhere!
    s

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

No bother lads.

@PTH2009 - It's actually a prerecorded interview from today I believe.

@Sean - They did and I entered but didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Just a few days ladies and gents!!

Whats the story with bringing a camera into gigs in the O2? is it allowed/tolerated

Also will there be any issue with getting to the Luas station at the Red Cow after the gig??

Thanks to you!

hey wandatowell

general rule on cameras these days is compact cameras are fine, anything with a detachable lense (SLR cameras) are classed as professional and therefore not allowed normally........kinda hoping people all surpress their Flash's too, it's a pain in the ass with camera flashs constantly going off, and with stage lighting in the O2 you can get perfectly good pictures or vid clips without them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Can anyone advise on car parking at the O2. Is the car park at the venue or a short distance away from it? What would be the best way of getting to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is the car park at the venue or a short distance away from it?

Its underneath the venue I think ....
    What would be the best way of getting to it?

... by car.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

RayCon wrote: »
    ... by car.:p

lol

I asked for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Can anyone advise on car parking at the O2. Is the car park at the venue or a short distance away from it? What would be the best way of getting to it?

Hi Minstrel,

I got an email from TicketMaster yesterday and it contained the following information, can anyone else corroborate this?
    There are on goingroad works on the North Wall Quay which will disrupt traffic so please allow extra time for yourjourney to The O2.

• There are no car parking or set down/ pick upfacilities at The O2 at this time, so Patrons are strongly advised to avail of Public Transport toget to the venue.

• A parking and set down exclusion area will be inplace from Castleforbes road (Vallance and McGrath's pub) on the North Quay and the Sheriff Streetjunction with East Wall Road to the North-eastern side of The O2.
    • Dart, Luas and DublinBus all run services from the Suburbs and the City Centre which will get you as far as the ConnollyStation area on the North Quays area and Grand Canal Dock on the South side of the river and finallyAlfie Byrne Road coming from North side of the city. (Please note that the red luas line has extended to The O2)

By Car

Patrons who do decide to take their car to the cityare advised to use the following car parks:

• There are a number of car parks in thearea coming from the North side of the city, patrons are advised to use the car parks in the IFSC,Jury's Custom House, National College of Ireland and the Connolly station car park at the end ofCommons Street.
    • From the Southside of the river we would recommend parking in GrandCanal Dock Car Park and other city centre car parks, a lot of whom are promoting special rates forconcert goers.

Car Park

For customers who purchased a car parkticket for the car park adjacent to The O2 please note:

The Car Park is located adjacent toThe O2 just 50 yards from the East Wall/Sheriff Street Junction on Sheriff Street.

Lifts andstairs take you right beside The O2.

Digital signs on East Wall Road and will direct parkersto car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

are geddy and alex already in dublin, and if so, does anyone know where they are staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

are geddy and alex already in dublin, and if so, does anyone know where they are staying?

U2 on tour, maybe Bono has rented his house to them.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was wondering that myself. Wouldn't mind doing a bit of stalking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Just snapped up a tasty ticket allocation on Ticketmaster, seventh row of Block D. Roll on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder what the crowd will be like for this one.

I was at kiss last year and the place was about 40% full
    Iron Maiden was about 95% full same with Guns N Roses

Id expect the place to be about 40%-60% full on Thursday

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wonder what the crowd will be like for this one.

Iron Maiden was about 95% full same with Guns N Roses

Id expect the place to be about 40%-60% full on Thursday

Capicity for Gig is 9,100, by last week well over 7,000 tickets had shifted, could be looking at anything from 70-90% full, depending on last minute buying.:D

Iron Maiden had the advantage in that they were only playing one date in the UK, and it was a festival appearance. I think it was the only indoor show on that leg as well.

Rush may be playing a good few UK dates but I'm sure they'll draw a load of people overseas, especially from the continent as they're not playing many dates there at all. I'd say it has sold more or less the same as Kiss.

I'd say it has sold more or less the same as Kiss.[/QUOTE]

If Kiss only shifted 40% of tickets, your way off the mark, Rush will double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Lad's where is the Rush session happening before the gig....Surely someone has booked a bar? has the Rush playlist ready the whole lot.....It would be great to hook up with other rush fans prior to the Gig and get pumped....Rush Ultra's!!!

PTH2009 wrote: »

40% ? ... I was at Kiss too and thought if looked/felt more than 40% full ... would that have even been economically viable if only 40% tickets sold ??

Lad's where is the Rush session happening before the gig....Surely someone has booked a bar? has the Rush playlist ready the whole lot.....It would be great to hook up with other rush fans prior to the Gig and get pumped....Rush Ultra's!!!

Fibbers 2, Ormonde Quay seems to be the place. Playing Rush all day with promotions like "Moving Pitchers":confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Fibbers 2, Ormonde Quay seems to be the place. Playing Rush all day with promotions like "Moving Pitchers":confused:.

I laughed.

• Advertisement

^ so did I

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Cheers for that Ray Con. I will be there...just gotta work out now the right amount to drink. I would mind getting a few in but then there is the punishment of dying for a piss all the way during the gig. What you think the ample amount is of drink consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sitting here in my Guinness Rush t-shirt:D I'm accidentally off work for next few days too cos of hurt a nerve along my hand, so no more work till long after Rush. Man its gonna be so great.

Geddy is gonna be on Nova soon.

http://www.nova.ie/listen-live.html

EDIT- Actually about 25 minutes

If Kiss only shifted 40% of tickets, your way off the mark, Rush will double that.

I've been checking in to the availability for Rush tickets regularly and the lower tiers have always been free and are still for sale. This makes me believe parts of the upper tiers will be cordoned off on Thursday, which is what they did at Kiss. But I think 40% for Kiss is a bit low a number, maybe 60-70% capacity.

Mushy wrote: »
    Sitting here in my Guinness Rush t-shirt:D I'm accidentally off work for next few days too cos of hurt a nerve along my hand, so no more work till long after Rush. Man its gonna be so great.

Mines arrived today!:D

f®eak s©enery, No lower tier available today anyway, as my bro has just had to take ticks in Block K, as "best available".

Mines arrived today!:D

f®eak s©enery, No lower tier available today anyway, as my bro has just had to take ticks in Block K, as "best available".

I'm kinda thirsty for some alcoholic beverage everytime I see it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I ordered presale tickets when they came out, more out of fear than anything else. But the spots they gave us were up in the tiers which I'm kind of disappointed with.

Having said that, with the length of the gig, the whole being able to sit if needs be as well as having a clear path to a jax!

Can't wait for this now. I've been into Rush for about 4 years or so, but this last year I've gotten obsessed. Got all the albums on vinyl up to Signals and I have been familiarising myself with the newer stuff the last while. A bit hit and miss but it's been an enjoyable ride.

Roll on Thursday!

He's on now

• Advertisement

Richy06 wrote: »
    I ordered presale tickets when they came out, more out of fear than anything else. But the spots they gave us were up in the tiers which I'm kind of disappointed with.

Having said that, with the length of the gig, the whole being able to sit if needs be as well as having a clear path to a jax!

Can't wait for this now. I've been into Rush for about 4 years or so, but this last year I've gotten obsessed. Got all the albums on vinyl up to Signals and I have been familiarising myself with the newer stuff the last while. A bit hit and miss but it's been an enjoyable ride.

Roll on Thursday!

Yeah I'm in the exact same position with regards tickets, up way in the rafters. If there are empty seats near me, I'll move down. Seat is necessary though.

Advertisement