Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent petrol lawn mower?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Anyone know where to get a decent petrol lawn mower? My electric one is giving me trouble, and I think it's finally time to make the jump.

I was in B&Q and they only had one petrol model, a make I've never heard of, at a price that did seem too cheap to be of any quality.

Also I'm preferably looking for a place that can deliver :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Just to add a bit of clarity, neighbour and I are chipping in together for a mower, so it's for two 3-bed semis, front and back garden.

Not sure if a self-propelled mower is a better idea than a push-one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

crótach wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Anyone know where to get a decent petrol lawn mower? My electric one is giving me trouble, and I think it's finally time to make the jump.

I was in B&Q and they only had one petrol model, a make I've never heard of, at a price that did seem too cheap to be of any quality.

Also I'm preferably looking for a place that can deliver :)

Thanks!

what make?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dinomite

Hi there,
    We got one in b&q about 5 years ago now, a self propelled one, it was a mountfield one, with a briggs and stratton engine.

Seemingly its the engine and not the brand thats important.

Over the five years, we've had absolutely no problems with it, and continue to use it very extensively - have half acre of lawns that are mowed weekly all summer...

We paid about €500 for it, but for us it was well worth it.

Advertisement