Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My PC is suffering from insomnia .... Help requested

Options
  • 19-11-2010 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I got a new hard drive and placed the os xp pro on it - all working fine (had to download some drivers to get the ethernet up and running) but the pc no longer sleeps - keeps waking up.

I downloaded a app to force the pc to sleep but it keeps waking up. Not sure what to do as I am kinda ignorant about this stuff - it is a dell desktop

I even configured the power settings in the control panel.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

I'd imagine its your USB keyboard or USB mouse that's doing this. Try and exclude the USB mouse from your power management advanced profile and set to sleep to something high so you can test it like 3 min. Then try the keyboard if that doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Switch it off instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Thanks for the tips - will check to see if there is another driver I need to download from dell support

Advertisement