Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

State Pathologist - S Class Mercedes

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

(A) No I never said that.....

(B) It was only an idea, faster there and more convenient. what has health and safety got to do with it? are you suggesting helicopters aren't safe?

I have already admitted I was wrong.

Sorry for airing my views and questions, wasn't expecting to get this reaction. I was/am very skeptical of Irish cronyism and pay in top positions. I fully accept that she is a top class state pathologist.
    But is it wrong to question the pay in comparison to other developed countries. It is us paying for it after all.

I accept i am the whipping boy for this thread and will leave it now.

Again I meant no disrespect by my comments, just thinking out loud I guess.

Nobody thinks you meant any offence and you are not a whipping boy ( unless you're into that kinda thing ).

There's nothing wrong with questioning salaries but not just one persons, it would have to be across the board. Would it be fair to reduce hers and have her going through the horrific weeks work she has just had while somebody sitting in an office bending paper clips now gets paid more than her because we just reduced her salary to international norms?

So don't leave us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

finty wrote: »
    They should have given her a bike

Someone would complain because they gave her a racing bike instead of a high nelly.

Then you'd be guaranteed if someone says for her to walk, someone else will come along and say her shoes are too nice, that she should walk barefoot.

Someone would complain because they gave her a racing bike instead of a high nelly.

Pffft a bike.

Ridiculous, audacious and vulgar waste of public money, bitch should walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

AH is comical lately. Couple of days ago we had someone banging on that a Gregorian chant Masters' lecturer shouldn't be employed because he, the taxpayer, shouldn't have to pay for it. After the potential for jobs from such a course were pointed out to him, he didn't come back.

Here we have people dissing Marie Cassidy because she has the chutzpah to drive a decent car. No evidence as to whether it's provided by the state (apparently it's not) but rabble, rabble, rabble, I'm a taxpayer so she should get a 1980s Skoda to travel the country investigating horrific murder scenes.

Seriously, begrudgers, engage your brain and try to come up with a coherent argument before you bother. Just because you're a taxpayer doesn't mean you need to find things to moan about. For God's sake, there's plenty of subjects you could relevantly moan about. Stop finding stupid things to complain about for the sake of it.

Millicent wrote: »
    rabble, rabble, rabble, I'm a taxpayer...

If they did as much taxpaying as they did moaning the country would be infinitely better off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Pffft a bike.

Ridiculous, audacious and vulgar waste of public money, bitch should walk!

then we could bitch about her Jimmy Choos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Preusse wrote: »
    two Assistant State Pathologists as well

Read that as Assassin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

If i read this thread correctly her car is not state owned but private
    BUT
    even if it was state owned I wouldn't begrudge it to her, a driver either

This week alone she would have had to attend 2 horrific crime scenes in Cork & Limerick
    Overseeing the autopies and preparing evidence for a murder trial with respect to the tragedy in Newcastlewest

Horrible horrible horrible job

Its awful to think we have turned into such a nation of begrudgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - who gives a fcuk what she drives as long as she does her job well. Out of interest, do you think she should drive a hearse?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

spyderski wrote: »
    Plonker Plonker Plonker

It affects me if my taxes are going towards paying for it.

let's hope so that if she ever meets you professionally she gives you good service and value for your taxes! Hopefully a nice tidy job too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

spyderski wrote: »
    Plonker Plonker Plonker

It affects me if my taxes are going towards paying for it.

Does it now because my tax pays for it too and it doesn't bother me? Most unfortunate that something that small can bother you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Splicer

I really don't get it. Its an S-class, not even a Maybach... Plenty of people drive those. Plus being a doctor, especially one who handles such pressure warrants the salary. Her salary would afford getting a new S-class every year, so don't be petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Duncan31

Id have more respect for someone buying a good car and claiming the civil service mileage rates that some tight arse claiming the full rate and owning a 1987 toyota corolla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

(1) Was she forced into her current employment? Enough with the oh but the poor dear has to work with terribly traumatic scenes. It is in the job title and I am aware there are hundreds of very qualified people in Ireland trying to get into the forensic pathology department...........
    But guess what people, the one place in Europe that with the exception of a couple of the higher people in the department, you have to be a member of the Gardai to apply??? I can only imagine the class of highly qualified person applying.

ONLY in Ireland
    would you see such blatant obtuseness and cronyism

(2) What do her international peers earn. Enough with this "there is no one else as qualified" malarkey. Reduce her wage to the average international/european standard. If she decides to leave, so be it. Offer the position up to an international audience, watch and see it be gobbled up. Then repeat it for all the state bodies. Trust me, you may not want to believe it but there are some more intelligent people in the world than Ireland....

Did she not have a helicopter at one stage as well....... Surely a state chopper would make more sense than an s class. There are loads of choppers laying idle at the moment, buy one for a knock off price and TAADAA..... end of silly threads that make me question my country again :(

This post is rubbish.

Are you on the same wage as the international standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

She needs a very reliable and efficient automobile.
    After all, this is the country in which the Taoiseach once told members of the public to commit suicide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Absurdum wrote: »
    then we could bitch about her Jimmy Choos

I only came in here because I thought it was about Hermes bags and Prada shoes.. :P

I think she should drive her Merc with her head held high..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

She needs a very reliable and efficient automobile.
    After all, this is the country in which the Taoiseach once told members of the public to commit suicide!

Got a link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Ben Hadad

It was probably bought for her by Blackrock College alumni.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,442 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Germans made her buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Morrigin

Got a link for that?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0704/economy.html

I remember this - it was because they were 'talking down' the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Arsne wrote: »
    Whats the story with this

I totally agree with you OP, even though you haven't specifically mentioned in your first post whether you are for or against the fact that the State Pathologist is allowed to have a luxury S-class Mercedes but I know at heart that you are against it. Let me now use this platform to advocate communism, the fact that the bourgeois class are totally evil and are doing nothing but ruining the lives of ordinary working men who have to stare on in painful jealousy at the S-class Mercedes which the owner swaggers around as a medal of their achievements. How inegalitarianism is that. OP I suggest you go to the State Pathologists' mansion and rob that car off her. Then break it up and hand the pieces to good proletarian mechanics garages nationwide. Its time for a revolution people; a revolution against S-Class Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WornEnemies

The state pathologist drives an 04 Mercedes and bought it out of her own salary. This car is 8 years old and is NOT a state car. Also, people referring to there being oversees pathologists more qualified for the job than her and other Irish pathologists - she is Scottish and applied for the role just as anyone else did/would and got the job as she was and is the most qualified for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The state pathologist drives an 04 Mercedes and bought it out of her own salary. This car is 8 years old and is NOT a state car. Also, people referring to there being oversees pathologists more qualified for the job than her and other Irish pathologists - she is Scottish and applied for the role just as anyone else did/would and got the job as she was and is the most qualified for it.

Welcome to Boards.ie Professor Marie Cassidy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Jaysus, what is it with the zombies these days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jaysus, what is it with the zombies these days!
    No brains obviously :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thanks for the additional information.

Any other personal details you'd like to add?. PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement