Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card for Optiplex 745 SFF

Options
  • 19-11-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi

I recently picked up an Optiplex 745 SFF from work and am using it as a home pc. I am looking at installing a graphics card (none installed at present) and am looking for some guidance on what cards would be suitable (mostly for watching films and some video editing). I know that I'm restricted to a low profile card, but I'm not sure what my options are in relation to the power supply. I understand the installed power supply is 275W. To further complicate things I would be hoping to spend less than €100.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

I've the same box as you and had the same problem - few slimline cards available and low power supply in the Dell. I ended up going for an ASUS 4450 and it made a huge difference for gaming. It wasn't easy to get tho - there doesn't seem to be too many out there!

Advertisement