Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What breakfast cereal pisses you off and why?

• 19-11-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

For me its Alpen. I just poured a good sized bowl and there is about 60 raisins in it. I don't mind the odd raisin but i'd have no jaw left if I had to chew through 60. Then I have to pick them out of the bowl.

I only really eat it for the non-raisny bit. They should make Alpen without raisins.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

They should make sugar without Alpen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Anything chocolate based. Wrong. Simply wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I can't say breakfast cereal pisses me off. I have cereals I don't like the taste of but none that get on the oul nerves.

:D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Weetabix and the bastards that leave bowls of it lying around to become concrete. Worst excuse for a foodstuff ever.

What kind of wuss has trouble chewing raisins? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Frosties. They're like Corn Flakes for people who are too lazy to even sprinkle their own sugar. Also I find it presumptuous of Kellogg's to decide how many sugar granules are appropriate in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Sugar Puffs because they keeping burning when I put them in the toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

sugar puffs. those things fucking make me so mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Cool thread bro,

Frosted wheats, or what ever they're called, my mum used to buy them as a compromise when we really wanted coco pops, they only have sugar on ONE bloody side, not enough sugar imo.

Frosties are a cop out, just sugar and cornflakes

Rice Krispies. I really just hate them.

Muesli in when its too sugary (yeah contradicting the frosted wheats thing i know)

Weetabix used to piss me off but now its my favourite cereal, plain with cold milk!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All of them since they stopped giving away stuff inside...my son is going to grow up in a world where he will never experience the feeling of Getting cereal just for the free toy then having one bowl and leaving it in the press til it goes out of date....F*cking fat kids and their parents who wont accept responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Nesquik - first of all they look like little bits of shyte, then they go soggy and turn into a sort of diahrrea. Fcuking disgusting.

Also, remember those banana flavoured yellow rice crispies that were out about 10 years ago? Now they were the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Mmyep, wholeheartedly agree.

"Sugar up those kiddies Mum and Dad then send them off hyper enough to annoy the sh!t out of their teachers."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Swampy wrote: »
    For me its Alpen. I just poured a good sized bowl and there is about 60 raisins in it. I don't mind the odd raisin but i'd have no jaw left if I had to chew through 60. Then I have to pick them out of the bowl.

I only really eat it for the non-raisny bit. They should make Alpen without raisins.

"New Alpen Non-Raisiny But With Only A Teensy Amount Of Raisins Just In Case Ye Don't Mind One Or Two"?

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are like meth to me, I once caused a crash between a milk truck and a Kellogs lorry to try to satisfy my addiction.

Seriously though all forms of cornflakes get really stuck in your teeth.:mad:

LEAVE THIS PLACE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Sugar Puffs make my piss smell like Sugar Puffs.....no other food stuff I have eaten has the effect of making your piss smell like it, and I can't think of any biological mechanism for this to make sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Coco Pops!

I'd eat the stuff all the time if it wasn't so damn expensive.

Or any of those cereals that advterise themselves as delicious and so good for you that when you have a cereal you're immune to AIDS and bullets......................when in reality they taste like dry-wall that's been baked in an oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

kellogs variety pack!

variety pack my arse :mad:

i got

1Xcornflakes
    1x rice krispies
    2x Frosties
    2x coco pops
    1x coco pop munchers (corn flake coco pops)
    1x and these krispies multigrain sugar crap

this is not the variety i wanted :(

what happened to ricicles??? :eek:

or whats with getting two of the basic cereals??

they are so busy jacking kids up with sugar/chocolate crap that they forgot about us old people who LIKE Corn Flakes!* :mad:

*yes im aware they are intended for kids but they were bogof and i couldn't resist for old times sake!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Those Coco Pops 'Choc n Roll' yokes.. Feckin DIRT!!!! They taste like wood, don't even turn the milk chocolaty :mad: *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cereal.

The stuff you eat while you're deciding what to have for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All of them since they stopped giving away stuff inside.

:eek::eek::eek: only realised they stopped this.
    i cant think of one brand that still gives away toys.
    the fuck..............

• Advertisement

Variety, pack my arse :mad:

Couldn't resist. Oh Punctuation you sly dawg! Will you ever learn? Bad Punctuation <slap>

Grrrrrrr I make "monch" noises whilst tucking in to a pig roll. And I take my coffee as black as heck! HECK I SAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

All Bran because it is disgusting.

I'd also like to say that Sugar puffs look like miniature vaginas.

xzanti wrote: »
    don't even turn the milk chocolaty :mad: *shakes fist*

Good lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

ARE YOU MAD?

Nothin' beats chawin' through the raisins in a breakfast cereal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 johnnysexsmith

Porridge really pisses me off

I’ll tell you why, it’s the sanctimonious attitude of those who eat it.

I’m sure like most offices a lot of people have their breakfast on arrival in ours. People who eat porridge tend to have a holier then thou attitude when cooking it in the microwave.

They think they’re healthier then everyone else. Looking down on me with my muesli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The raisins are the best bit! Without them it's just dry oats and nuts in milk.
    ClutchIt wrote: »
    All Bran because it is disgusting.
    This. WTF is with All Bran?
    I’m sure like most offices a lot of people have their breakfast on arrival in ours. People who eat porridge tend to have a holier then thou attitude when cooking it in the microwave.
    What's worse is that they cook it in the microwave, leaving little bit of porridge spilled everywhere and when they're done, they fill the bowl with water and leave it sitting beside the sink for the rest of the day.

CLEAN YOUR BOWL YOU MESSY BASTARDS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Sugar Puffs make my piss smell like Sugar Puffs.....no other food stuff I have eaten has the effect of making your piss smell like it, and I can't think of any biological mechanism for this to make sense

if you eat da poo poo your poo poo will smell like the poo poo you just ingested...so in fairness, it's not only sugar puffs that have that effect...ask any gay african.

as for the thread in general. no breakfast cereal has the ability to piss me off. why? cos i have a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Cheerios. They're like a damn cult. They think they're so great but they taste disgusting, somehow being too sweet and perfectly bland at the same time. And their ads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

Sugar Puffs look like miniature gees.

http://www.thegreatbritishdiet.co.uk/Images/IMG_2251.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

0verblood wrote: »
    Nesquik - first of all they look like little bits of shyte, then they go soggy and turn into a sort of diahrrea. Fcuking disgusting.

Also, remember those banana flavoured yellow rice crispies that were out about 10 years ago? Now they were the worst.

Do you mean Banana Bubbles (Banana Bubbles, the cereal that thinks it's a milkshake)?

The new Facekicker ladies and gentlemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The microwave quick oats tub that costs €2....what a rip off. Get a normal bag of porridge for 98c, whack it in the microwave. The exact same stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

Lucky charms cus they're €10 in Ireland!!!!!!! this country smells.

Branflakes cus they pretend to be good and then they have more sugar then rice crispies gggrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

See post #23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Weetabix. Hate the stuff! like cement or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Cornpops, cause they don't sell them in Ireland or England any more.

And then when I finally buy a box in France, they taste completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Asparagas?

special k - what a lie, the bird in the add is hot because she pumps the gym for 2 hours every day NOT because of special k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

I can't believe this thread has got to 3 pages and I can still say this:

"Inb4 peep show quote"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The ad alone is enough for me to hate Krave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Actually, I hate shreddies. When I used to get them rarely in the 90's as a kid they tasted lovely because my synapses were so underutilised due to constantly eating bland weetabix, bran flakes and sometimes rice krispies. But as the celtic tiger roared and weetos, sugar puffs and sometimes golden nuggets came into my house, shreddies became another bland, heavy, boring cereal. And the grannies ad campaign didn't exactly make me want them.

edit: was it just in my house that poor people buy healthier cereals? cause all my rich friends ate nice cereals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Weetabix. Hate the stuff! like cement or something.

Blasphemy!!!

it tastes different depending how you make it so maybe you are making it wrong or buying a cheap brand:D

unlike those damn choco cereals that taste the same no matter what!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

All Bran/Bran Flakes: The man who thought it was a good idea to put a bunch of twigs in a box and call it cereal, is a f*ckin genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Actually, I hate shreddies. When I used to get them rarely in the 90's as a kid they tasted lovely because my synapses were so underutilised due to constantly eating bland weetabix, bran flakes and sometimes rice krispies. But as the celtic tiger roared and weetos, sugar puffs and sometimes golden nuggets came into my house, shreddies became another bland, heavy, boring cereal. And the grannies ad campaign didn't exactly make me want them.

edit: was it just in my house that poor people buy healthier cereals? cause all my rich friends ate nice cereals

I wouldn't exactly call my family poor and we generally only had boring cereals too. As a treat my mother would buy us coco pops once a year (Christmas :p) and if we wanted sweets/crisps we had to buy them ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Another sugar puffs hater here. While I love the taste, every time I eat them, my wee smells like them for days.

I also hate those new coco pops racer wheels. Okay, I understood the moneky in the ads all those years ago, at least he was in a jungle, but WTF does a monkey have to do with race cars with chocolate wheels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The timing of this thread is perfect for me as i tried Sugar Puffs for the first time this morning and they are among the foulest food i have ever eaten. I

I'm now stuck with a big box of Sugar Puffs that i'm not going to eat. I would'nt even have the heart to inflict them on someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Any kelloggs cereal, the ads are atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If it isn't those cluster thingies with dried strawberries from Aldi, I don't want to f*cking know about it.

Also, best thread in AH this month. You done good kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

That Crunchy Nut bull****, just because I'm sick of the ****ing ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Rice Crispies because they're so damn buoyant. As soon as I pour in the milk all the crispies on top cascade out onto the table. And the sugar rolls off the crispies and settles in a sickly syrup on the bottom. A grim f*cking scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

how did the man drown in his bowl of alpen?

he was pulled under by a strong currant

• Advertisement
Advertisement