Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What breakfast cereal pisses you off and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Jazzy wrote: »
    how did the man drown in his bowl of alpen?

he was pulled under by a strong currant

Hehe

I remember that we only used to have 'healthy' cereals in our house - Weetabix, porridge and the likes. However, we used to get Alpen the odd time, so there would have been something to look forward to (breakfast-wise) many mornings. A nice powdery, sugary, fruity version of muesli to get up to before having to go to school.

Then guess what happens? - The ****ers release Blue Alpen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Frosted Wheats. Fecking cereal must contain 2 bags of sugar. Yuck :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The timing of this thread is perfect for me as i tried Sugar Puffs for the first time this morning and they are among the foulest food i have ever eaten. I

I'm now stuck with a big box of Sugar Puffs that i'm not going to eat. I would'nt even have the heart to inflict them on someone else.
    sugar puffs are friggin amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I can't believe this thread has got to 3 pages and I can still say this:

"Inb4 peep show quote"
    "crunchy nut are just corn flakes for ****"
    "and frosties are just corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Yeah seriously why no muesli without feckin' raisins? I reckon there's a huge market for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Shove your raisins up yer Arse OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Anything with clusters. For instance Kelloggs Crunchy Nut or Jordans Country Crisp. They taste lovely but the clusters are always broken. I usually get maybe one decent bowlful from the top and the rest of the box is full of broken pieces. They just don't taste the same when they're broken up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

+1 For Alpen or Meusli with raisins. Those bastard raisins :mad: Is there any meusli that doesn't contain them? That Hi8 Meusli stuff is the worst of them! :mad:

I'm really quite bitter about this, I love meusli without those feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Lucky Charms. They're diabetes in a bowl but so tasty. Evil thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

chakotha wrote: »
    Rice Crispies because they're so damn buoyant. As soon as I pour in the milk all the crispies on top cascade out onto the table. And the sugar rolls off the crispies and settles in a sickly syrup on the bottom. A grim f*cking scene.
    :D:D Jesus you're quite upset by that aren't you lol Ah you made me laugh, thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Now known as Sugar Muffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All of them since they stopped giving away stuff inside...my son is going to grow up in a world where he will never experience the feeling of Getting cereal just for the free toy then having one bowl and leaving it in the press til it goes out of date....F*cking fat kids and their parents who wont accept responsibility.

Ah yes, remember sticking my arm into the cornflakes looking for the toy. Those little model airplanes were the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Ah yes, remember sticking my arm into the cornflakes looking for the toy. Those little model airplanes were the best.

Bike wheels completely covered In Cornflake reflectors FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

can't believe people put sugar on cereal...bleugh..

(except for weetabix)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Cheerios.I love them but am allergic to something in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Shredded wheat. You'd get more flavour out of cardboard box it comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Bran Buds.

I imagine its what eating your own hair is like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Einstein wrote: »
    can't believe people put sugar on cereal...bleugh..

(except for weetabix)

Cant believe people put weetabix in their mouths...bleugh..
    (except for freaks)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

edit: was it just in my house that poor people buy healthier cereals? cause all my rich friends ate nice cereals
    No our gaff aswell. The rare time we got the little packs of each cereal, the 8 pack thing, the Frosties and Cocopops were first to be taken (always with arguments about who got what the last time).The rice crispies and cornflakes were never touched. :D
    Daisy! wrote: »
    I'm really quite bitter about this, I love meusli without those feckers!
    Deffo a market for raisin free muesli...anytime ive eaten it i pick them out.Too much effort now so never buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Weetabix and the bastards that leave bowls of it lying around to become concrete. Worst excuse for a foodstuff ever.

What kind of wuss has trouble chewing raisins? :D
    Yeah! theres nothing like trying to clean that **** off a bowl when hardens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I know its not really a cereal but it is a morning food. Porridge. I hate the stuff. Its bland, gloopy, sloppy tasteless goo. Yeah you can pour tons of sugar, honey or jam on it but thats just compensating for its tastelessness & negates any nutritional benefits.

Porridge just bugs me. Weetabix would thrash it in a street fight.

Sugarpuffs are also annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I know its not really a cereal but it is a morning food. Porridge.

Porridge probably contains more Cereal than any other 'Cereals' so i would say its a cereal.

Im super cereal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Any cereal that comes in a cardboard box. There's more nutrition in the cardboard box, despite all the clearly unbiased advertising by Kelloggs et al.

"Special K? Oh look! Kelloggs say I'll drop a jeans size in 2 weeks if I buy it and eat it a few times a day!" - Ehhhhhhh.......no you won't love, it's got 22g of sugar per 100g weight in it, which will give you an insulin spike and leave you craving more sugar and leaving you feel hungrier than if you ate non-processed food.

"Oh I'm having trouble going to the toilet. Therefore I think I need more fibre. Oh look, Bran Flakes/All-Bran! Kelloggs said it's got loads of fibre in it, I'll buy it so!" - Ehhhhh.........sorry there buddy, there's 4 times more fibre in a medium size potato than a bowl of Bran Flakes/All-Bran. All-Bran - Brillo Pad for your stomach! :pac:

Kelloggs' marketing department have an easy job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

anniehoo wrote: »
    The microwave quick oats tub that costs €2....what a rip off. Get a normal bag of porridge for 98c, whack it in the microwave. The exact same stuff!!

Rhubard on Pembroke Rd charge 3.80 for one portion... 3.80!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Whoever invented muesli should be shot - it's soul-destroying! :mad:

I don't know why people eat it to lose weight - if there's one sure-fire way of making you dive into a fry-up it's a mouthful of muesli!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Honey Loops. They only annoy me because they changed from Honey NUT Loops, apparently to stop little Jimmy or Mary having an allergic reaction.

Giving a small child a foodstuff with nuts in it when you're not entirely sure whether or not they're allergic proves that you're a bad parents an an idiotic person. The clue is in the title-Honey Nut Loops. You're clearly one of those people who requires the "may contain nuts" warning on a packet of peanuts, or "contents may be hot" on a takeout cup of coffee.

I miss the nuts*.

*Yeah, I know what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

jokettle wrote: »
    Honey Loops. They only annoy me because they changed from Honey NUT Loops, apparently to stop little Jimmy or Mary having an allergic reaction.

Giving a small child a foodstuff with nuts in it when you're not entirely sure whether or not they're allergic proves that you're a bad parents an an idiotic person. The clue is in the title-Honey Nut Loops. You're clearly one of those people who requires the "may contain nuts" warning on a packet of peanuts, or "contents may be hot" on a takeout cup of coffee.

I miss the nuts*.

*Yeah, I know what I said.

I love honey loops but hate nuts. I can't understand why would anyone want nuts in their cereal?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

sugar puffs makes my piss smell of ...well......sugar puffs

corn flakes stick to my teeth

weetabix gets soggy if left too long in milk

alpen makes me flatualent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

coco pops... nothing that chocolalty should ever turn your milk brown

and rice crispies.... its impossable to get decent sized bowl of them without the milk overflowing.... smak crack & pot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Nut feast - it was a lovely cereal. Think it came in a green box but I cant be for sure. Used to have it when I was younger. Then they took it off the market. Vanished. Completely gone. Would kill for a bowl of nut feast now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The timing of this thread is perfect for me as i tried Sugar Puffs for the first time this morning and they are among the foulest food i have ever eaten. I

I'm now stuck with a big box of Sugar Puffs that i'm not going to eat. I would'nt even have the heart to inflict them on someone else.

Don't! Leave the box in a press, open, for a few weeks. They'll congeal into a solid brick of Sugar Puffs, it's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Cornflakes have gotten so boring! Cookie Crisp FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

I tend to eat Alpin Meusli for breakfast but it just takes so long to eat I've started skipping breakfast altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

All of em. But only because I hate milk. Its the antichrist:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cocoa Pops- the brown, dirty looking muddy milk is rotton looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Wheetabix (??) I'd rather not eat a breakfast that looks like a bowl of shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

When you pour in the cereal not leaving enough room for milk and it over flows. FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

New Shreddies ad really put me off them forever,made by grannies. Bet they now taste of asprin and pee. Fcuking hate shredded wheat,better taste from the box it comes from. Also Ready Brek = hot vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Ready Brek, when I was a kid the add sugested that eating it would give one a kind of immunity from the cold. Did it **** and it tasted like mortar. Mushy fcuking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

As a parent I couldn't stand readybrek. That puff of dust that launches into the air every time you open the bag, destroying the place. I moved them onto normal porridge sharpish.

Rice Crispies.

STFU and let me eat my breakfast in silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Nut feast - it was a lovely cereal. Think it came in a green box but I cant be for sure. Used to have it when I was younger. Then they took it off the market. Vanished. Completely gone. Would kill for a bowl of nut feast now.

Brilliant call. I still look for this everytime I'm buying cereal. Why oh why is it gone?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Don't think there is any cereal that I don't like.

I have been addicted to one or another at some stage!!

Breakfast has to be my favourite meal of the day...no contest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

****ing corn flakes. Warm milk optional.

Stupid old people food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

anything with so much sugar in it you may as well get a bowl of sugar and add a drip of milk into it. crunchy nut clusters..with chocolate bits comes to mind.

****ing gross!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Shredded wheat, it's f*cking gross, it's like eating straw. There's a box of honey nut shredded wheat in my press that my brother bought, and I'm only keeping it for when I completely run out of food. Even the honey and nuts do f*ck all for the taste. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Cookie muther****ing crisp. THEYRE NOT COOKIES! THE BOX SAID THEY WERE COOKIES! WHERE ARE THE ****ING COOKIES!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Corn Pops. The cereal that tastes like popcorn!!! Eh, no it doesn't. Do they think we're complete idiots??? Oh, the ad says it tastes like popcorn so clearly my taste buds must be malfunctioning 'cause they say it tastes like crap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Anything Kellogs because of the ridiculous amount of salt they add.

• Advertisement
Advertisement