Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious man in cobh!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Gardaí investigate after man tries to lure girl into car

19/11/2010 - 07:15:44

Gardaí in Cork are on alert after a middle aged man tried to lure a seven-year-old girl into his car on Wednesday afternoon.

As the girl left her school in Cobh to walk home, she passed the man's car and he opened the window, telling her to get in.

He claimed a relative of hers had asked him to give her a lift, but the girl didn't recognise him and didn't reply.

She got home safely, but Gardaí have said they are treating the incident as suspicious, and are appealing for information from anyone who saw this man in a small blue car in the area that day.

Ah nothin' gets by the oul Gardaí now does it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

At least that girl had some brains on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

omahaid wrote: »
    They're all a bit suspicious in Cobh. I attribute it to the gas cloud that came out of the Irish Steel site a few years ago. The population of Cobh have always been a bit "different" since.

You could say that since then.........They've almost been like a Cobh-en.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Better suited to the Cork Forum?

Although fair play for to the girl for having the sense to walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours. All redirected posters please read the charter here before posting. What might fly in AH might not in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭pah

chin_grin wrote: »

Gardaí in Cork are on alert after a middle aged man tried to lure a seven:eek:-year-old girl into his car on Wednesday afternoon.

i may be a bit old fashioned but i wouldnt be letting my 7 year old walk home by herself evem if it was around the corner.

Advertisement