Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Comedy Films of 2010?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to know what are your top 5 best comedy movies of 2010? Just want to see if i havnt seen any of your mentioned wants

Thank You
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There wasnt a great choice out this year but for me I would say the following werent too bad

The Other Guys

Cop Out

Due Date

Date Night

Hot Tub Time Machine

Grown Ups

Death at a Funeral

Jackass 3D

Get Him to Greek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

From that list Hot Tub Time Machine was the funniest. Ridiculous film but made me laugh consistently from start to finish, which is the bottom line for a comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Four lions tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

nix wrote: »
    Four lions tbh

Have it ordered already on Amazon.
    Looks good.

For me. Zombieland.
    Or Kick Ass (even if they have a kid saying stuff a kid shouldn't say).

For Gods sake people give reasons for your choices or else this is going to be another list thread which gets locked.

There's been very few comedies this year which I've liked, Weirdsville a truly excellent black comedy from a few years back has been the comedic highlight of the year for me. One of those films that you watch and instantly fall in love with.

High Life a similiar sort of film from this year is also excellent. Timothy Olyphant is on top form and it features a number of great laughs but like Weirdsville is quite dark.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Four Lions, Zombieland, Get him to the greek, kick ass, scott pilgrim and the other guys have all been top notch imho.

I'd have to sinlge out The Other Guys the one that had me laughing out loud the most(with four lions a close second). Hands down Will Ferrel's best film since Anchorman. Wahlberg was very funny in it too
    the stuff involving him and Eva Mendes just killed me
    , I was watching The Departed again the other night and I kept expecting his character in that to start saying "I'm a Peacock.....!!" The little argument about
    the tuna and the lions was also classic

Jackass was pretty funny too.

I'd also like to mention The Kids Are Alright, very very very funny film but obviously not an out and out comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

'Four Lions' was great, though there is a question mark over how funny it is. The two thirds are very funny, but the last third is disturbing, as it should be. Overall, I loved it, definately one of the years best.

I know 'World's Greatest Dad' came out last year, but it didn't get a cinema release here until this year. For me it was one of the best. I don't think I've ever laughed at a Robin Williams comedy (unless its him doing stand-up) but this was brilliant and very dark. Maybe Robin Williams best comedy film?

'The Other Guys' started off hilariously, but the moment
    Jackson and Johnson jump off the building,
    I felt the films comedy went into freefall with them. :(

'Hot Tub Time Machine' was ok, but it isn't this years 'The Hangover'. Craig Robinson was very funny though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

'Four Lions' was great, though there is a question mark over how funny it is. The two thirds are very funny, but the last third is disturbing, as it should be. Overall, I loved it, definately one of the years best.

I was in stitches during the whole
    london marathon sequence
    but I still thought it was pretty affecting/disturbing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was in stitches during the whole
    london marathon sequence
    but I still thought it was pretty affecting/disturbing too.

Agreed watched it recently, absolutely hilarious. Great characters, lots of laugh out loud moments, I loved it. Any film that can give you genuine empathy towards these guys is doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Definitely Four Lions out of the list that springs to mind, the humour in it was far more subdued, but I think the fact that there weren't many [you laugh here] moments made it a much more enjoyable film to watch.

Some of the comedies this year were absolute cangers. I've seen grown ups, date night and get him to the greek, and honestly cannot remember a single thing about them, or single funny part in them, which probably isn't a good indication of a comedy. The other guys was definitely the best film will ferrell's been in in a long time.

Jackass 3D was an epic, I laughed all the way through it, I would highly recommend seeing it in 3D, it beats Avatar hands down in terms of 3D. So it would be a toss up between that and Four Lions, I think Four Lions takes it for me though.

P.S.
    Fcuk mini-babybells!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Four Lions may have only been two thirds funny but it was still miles ahead of all the other so called comedy films released this year.

Advertisement