Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Changing name

• 19-11-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change my name on the xbox and if so how.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Its easy but expensive. On your gamer profiles you can press X to change your name. Costs 800 MS points though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

darren254 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if its possible to change my name on the xbox and if so how.thanks

http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/change-gamertag.aspx

It will cost you. I've not found a way to do it for free... yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Only free option is to make a new GT,but you will lose all achievements etc.Only an option if you couldnt care less about them.Micro$oft are greedy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Their is a way to get it for free, If enough people complain about your Gamertag you will get a chance to change it for free. Their is a site (that I cant remember) that you sign up for and the guys will all complain about your gamertag.

good point man, totally forgot. Get a load of your XBL friends to file a complaint against you (specifically your GT)

They will be asked to give a reason for the complaint, there is an option to say "offensive gamertag" or similar. When enough people complain, MS will contact you and force you to change your GT, for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Post your gamertag and we'll put a complaint on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Post your gamertag and we'll put a complaint on it

Yeah, I'll help too... while I'm at it, I'll complain about yours too, Walshy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Yeah, I'll help too... while I'm at it, I'll complain about yours too, Walshy ;)

Ha I would love to change my name,so work away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Lets get our GamerTag hating faces on. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

The name can only be changed in that way if it is offensive , Microsoft copped on to that ploy a good while back and ended up handing out a few suspensions to those who complained.(that is if the name is not offensive)

• Advertisement
Advertisement