If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LE40C580 Price Please

Options
  • 19-11-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Could you please give me a price on the SAMSUNG LE40C580 delivered to Dublin. (Boardie price if possible ;)) Or could you recommend any other TV.

The reason I'm looking at the C580 is because it has DLNA capabilities which is one of the main features I'm looking for as I'll be streaming most things from my laptop.

It doesn' have 100hz but I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading to higher end model for this alone.

Also could you tell me is DLNA reliable, i.e does it have any problems streaming full hd movies without lag etc.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mark 00 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Could you please give me a price on the SAMSUNG LE40C580 delivered to Dublin. (Boardie price if possible ;)) Or could you recommend any other TV.

The reason I'm looking at the C580 is because it has DLNA capabilities which is one of the main features I'm looking for as I'll be streaming most things from my laptop.

It doesn' have 100hz but I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading to higher end model for this alone.

Also could you tell me is DLNA reliable, i.e does it have any problems streaming full hd movies without lag etc.

Thanks guys :)

Mark,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we are completely out of stock of the 40C580 at the moment - is there anything else we could interest you in?

On the DNLA front - yep I have to say it's pretty reliable - however you should have a looksee at the Philips media Manager software that comes with the PTA01 Wifi Dongle (works with 7/8/9 series TV's) This is a great programme which means that you can stream ANY content from your PC or Laptop to your TV wirelessly AND without having to worry about formats etc - once you can see it on your PC Screen - you WILL see it on your TV Screen - Simple!

If you need any pricing just drop me a line,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Mark 00

Thanks for the reply John.

Any idea if it'll be back in before xmas?

If not, what are your thoughts on the Sony KDL40NX503? I prefer the styling of the Samsung but could be swayed to this. What kinda price delivered on this?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the reply John.

Any idea if it'll be back in before xmas?

If not, what are your thoughts on the Sony KDL40NX503? I prefer the styling of the Samsung but could be swayed to this. What kinda price delivered on this?

Mark,

I'm not doing very well here - the 40NX503 is now a finished line for us!

The 40C580 is on order - but I have no firm delivery date at the moment - I'll get back to you as soon as I get some hard news!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

No worries John. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon regards the Samsung ;) Or feel free to give me a suggestion.

Hey John,

What about the Samsung LE40C550. As far as I can see its the same as the C580 but without the Freeview HD tuner which I wouldn't need anyway. Please don't tell me you dont have any of them either :o

• Advertisement

Hey John,

What about the Samsung LE40C550. As far as I can see its the same as the C580 but without the Freeview HD tuner which I wouldn't need anyway. Please don't tell me you dont have any of them either :o

Any chance of a quote on this model or on any model ye can suggest. Thanks lads

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.