Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upstylist in Limerick

• 19-11-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm going to an event in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for an upstylist in Limerick. I dont mind what salon or if its in the city or county. I just want someone who'll do a really nice, modern upstyle (i.e no debs-style curls or those awful buns with plaits), something young, elegant and a little messy. I have a photo of what I want, I just want to find a hairdresser who can do it!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I've had nice un-bridey upstyles done in:

-The Salon, Ennis Road (near Advance Tyre)
    -Ravens in Shannon Shamrock (is it still there now hotel is closed? Has it moved?)
    -Jude used to be with Hugh campbell (Marbles salon and Cats salon in city centre) - years since I was there - she was excellent also.

They're all verrrrry pricey though - €40+++

HTH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭emarfrog

Hi There,

Stacey in Trevor Frances in the Parkway shopping Centre upstyled my hair for a wedding recently. I must say she did an excellent job. It stayed put all day long and really suited me. (Got plenty of compliments!) Mind you I did just let her do what she liked with it.
    There were no plaits or curls! I have quite light hair and its barely shoulder length. She didn't put in any hair extentions etc. but she made my hair look really full! I was delighted! I get my hair upstyled for eveery weddign I attend (I've been to 3 this year alone) and by far she did the best one.

I agree with the pricey issue, upstyles in Limerick 40 euro +. Got my hair upstyled in Donegal for 25 euro! I gave the girl a fiver tip as I was so shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Ray in Belissimo is really good, have used him myself. And not too expensive from what I rememvber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 popsicle123

I actually didnt know where Ray had gone to. He did my hair for a function years ago and he was very good. Will give him a ring and see if he can fit me in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Hi all in Limerick. Can I bump this thread? I am in the Strand Hotel Limerick for a function on Saturday and would like to get my hair done in an upstyle/any kind of style. I can't believe the cost of an upstyle! €55 in Peter Marks, and in Niall Colgan's beside the hotel. I'm from Cork, and an upstyle is €30 max. Many salons also offer a "speedy style" for €15 euro. Are there any salons that offer something like this? I don't mind paying up to €30, but no way am I paying €55. I can drive somewhere, but would prefer not to have to drive v far.

Anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I doubt you'll get an upstyle for €30 in the city. I paid €60 for one I Belissimo in the summer :eek:

Never heard of a "speedy style" do, you wouldn't even get a blowdry for £15!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭893bet

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I doubt you'll get an upstyle for €30 in the city. I paid €60 for one I Belissimo in the summer :eek:

Never heard of a "speedy style" do, you wouldn't even get a blowdry for £15!

I know several hairdressers who do upstyles for that and less if it a simple one in their own home. Obviously cash in hand is gonna be cheaper. Given it a week before xmas though they are booked out solid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I've a few things coming up after Christmas aswell, if I could find a cheaper stylist with the same quality I'd definitely be paying them a visit

Advertisement