Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Nano warranty who to contact ??

Options
  • 19-11-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

Quick question folks,

My wife received a Ipod Nano 8gb as a Christmas present last December. It was purchased in England, Sainsburys I believe. Last month the unit developed an issue which prevents it from powering on and even when connected to a computer it won't take a charge. It certainly appears that the battery has failed / died. Who should I contact to resolve this matter. ???

I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Apple.

They will sort you out quicker than going back through Sainsburys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

make sure you have a copy of the proof of purchase as the ipod could have been sitting in sainsbury's for a couple of weeks and as per apples system could show that it is out of warranty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While the store it was bought it should deal with it your MUCH better off dealing with Apple, have your performed apple's t/shooting steps already as these often fixed alot of issues which seem to show the item is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract is with the retailer. However, Apple is one of those exceptions where it's much better to deal with the manufacturer.

You can arrange an RMA via their website. I did it a few months ago for my sisters iPod and it went so smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

dudara wrote: »
    Your contract is with the retailer. However, Apple is one of those exceptions where it's much better to deal with the manufacturer.

You can arrange an RMA via their website. I did it a few months ago for my sisters iPod and it went so smoothly.

I gave them a ring and it seems fairly straight forward.

The rep stated that they would send out a new replacement unit and I should return the faulty one. The only condition was that I would have to provide a credit card number and details so that I could be charged if the faulty unit proved to be not covered under warranty due to misuse.

Can you please confirm if this was a similar story when looking after your sisters iPod ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Macker1 wrote: »

The rep stated that they would send out a new replacement unit and I should return the faulty one. The only condition was that I would have to provide a credit card number and details so that I could be charged if the faulty unit proved to be not covered under warranty due to misuse.

Can you please confirm if this was a similar story when looking after your sisters iPod ??

That's standard for apple

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Macker1 wrote: »
    I gave them a ring and it seems fairly straight forward.

It worked differently for me. My sister's iPod had one of their clearly recognisable "blue screens of death". We organised the RMA on the website after confirming that it had this fault. They offered the option of either arranging a courier pick-up or else sending us a pre-paid, pre-addressed cardboard box in which to return the iPod. We had no problems, and my sister received a new iPod quite quickly.

I didn't explicitly supply credit card details, but the return was arranged under my apple log-in, which already has credit card details associated with it for iTunes purchases. So maybe that was enough for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

dudara wrote: »
    It worked differently for me. My sister's iPod had one of their clearly recognisable "blue screens of death". We organised the RMA on the website after confirming that it had this fault. They offered the option of either arranging a courier pick-up or else sending us a pre-paid, pre-addressed cardboard box in which to return the iPod. We had no problems, and my sister received a new iPod quite quickly.

I didn't explicitly supply credit card details, but the return was arranged under my apple log-in, which already has credit card details associated with it for iTunes purchases. So maybe that was enough for them.
    The process can be a little different depending on the model of iPod. If you wen't asked for card details then they weren't necessary.

Advertisement