Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ayjayirl's Back Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Options
  • 19-11-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am going to run an online tournament.

Basically I'm going rip of the Azza's Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Format
    12 players.
    1 character only tournament.
    Console=Xbox 360.

Round 1
    First round happens over a 3 night period (Fri-Sunday) on a date yet to be announced.

In the first round everyone plays each other in a first to 3.

Each victory is worth 3 points.

After everyone plays each other the bottom 4 are eliminated.

In the event we have a tie for 8th place a play off game between the tied players will occur. This is also first to 3.

Round 2
    Second round will happen over a period of 2-3 weeks following round 1.

Second round is first to 10.

All match results are reported by the winner to me, via IRC, boards PM or e-mail.

Lag Rules
    Test match to be carried out before a tournament match proper. If both characters agree its okay the match goes ahead.

If there is lag between two players we will try to reschedule the match. If there is still lag we will try to determine which player the lag is coming from by having players connect to other players and see if they are still lagging. The player who is causing the lag will forfeit the match.

If the game starts lagging mid match. The players can postpone the remaining matches but the result of the current match still counts.

In the event of a drop, the player who drops forfeits the current match.

Invited players.
    NOT Azza
    NOT Blag
    NOT Bush
    NOT Cobelcog
    NOT Dreddybajs
    NOT Gorysnake
    NOT Hound
    NOT Ian McTetly
    NOT Kirby
    NOT Newtype
    NOT Sagat08
    NOT The Truth

No disrespect intended to any of these players at all :)

me joko - the list is open to any and all. I appreciate that Azza is running a tournament with these invited players so this is really suited for those not playing in that one.

Usually invited players can opt out of the tournament for whatever reason but since this one is open to all, I am going to operate this a first come first served basis merely just for logistics and to start it.

Those invited that want to play, just reply below with their character of choice so I can guage numbers and if we can get 12 people.

Running Round 1 of this Tourney on the Weekend of the 26th Nov 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Farz [robin hood / anti elite] - chunli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If the routers behaving itself I'd be interested.

I've been neglecting SF (as usual) and could use the practice - having games scheduled helps get things rolling too.

(Family Man)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

GT: Sairus Illumina
    Char: Rose

Gimmy some of that online action!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Deejay mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Juri I be representing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I was gonna make a Doyler invitational but my xbox died. ><

Get Doom to record and commentate this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jackson, are you REALLY going to try running an online tournament?

This, I gotta see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Jackson, are you REALLY going to try running an online tournament?

This, I gotta see.

Oh, its happening. And I will also be having a weekly matchup feature (one selected match that week which will be recorded) that you are commentating on! You have been so informed.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Oh, its happening. And I will also be having a weekly matchup feature (one selected match that week which will be recorded) that you are commentating on! You have been so informed.

Fine, long as you set it up. :P

Don't think I will play in the tournament, no offence. Online wrecks my head these days even when there's nothing wrong with the connection, if there was a tournament placing on the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Gamer Tag: Anto Nick

Character: Honda!

Thanks for this idea btw!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Lot of riff raff in here

Bush80 wrote: »
    Lot of riff raff in here

go back to your own thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Sounds like a bit of a laugh, count me in.

Vega.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Go on then.

GT: ChopperByrne

Character:...

Honda.

Ok, I think we have 10 so far.

me - Ryu
    Farz - Chun
    Scanvanger VII - guile (always one =p)
    Sairus - Rose
    Uber -Deejay
    Misty - Juri
    Doyler - ? No commitment yet
    Monkeyto - Honda
    Rob2D - Vega
    Chopper - Honda

When the 12 places fill up I will start a waiting list for drop outs etc :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Futureguy...Dee Jay

i think paul and dave will be up for this so id like to secure their places if possible

Future guy got in on the first come basis - That makes 11. Just need one more.

Farz - I can't fairly reserve places. When this runs, I'll run another one - maybe bigger and better ;). Consider this a test of both my managerial skills for something like this and also whether it is feasible with t-internet connections etc etc.

This will require a bit of co-operation between players etc so in that spirit I'd ask you all to understand this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If it's open to the first twelve then it's not really an invitational is it?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Future guy got in on the first come basis - That makes 11. Just need one more.

Farz - I can't fairly reserve places. When this runs, I'll run another one - maybe bigger and better ;). Consider this a test of both my managerial skills for something like this and also whether it is feasible with t-internet connections etc etc.

This will require a bit of co-operation between players etc so in that spirit I'd ask you all to understand this. :)

Put them on a waiting list if so. Inevitabley, life will get in the way and someone will back out.

• Advertisement

He was taking the piss with the invitational thing...

Severe lack of respect for the G-dog here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Your logic has no place in this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

gt= medsthamercilis
    char= ryu, if there cant be more than 1 i'll go with ken

Severe lack of respect for the G-dog here. :pac:

Don't worry, he's just sore because I discovered df HK ex FK and he can't beat me anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

GT: Yreval
    Character: Sakura

Basically, nothing you can't find out by simply looking at my sig.

Don't worry, he's just sore because I discovered df HK ex FK and he can't beat me anymore :)

Why EX FK? A hard FK combos from df.HK now (I know it was only EX in vanilla), great meterless punish for SRKs and anything leaving the opponent close and airbourne but I always forget to make use of it.

I wouldn't think the extra damage is worth the meter use.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im in =] - Ibuki

Put them on a waiting list if so. Inevitabley, life will get in the way and someone will back out.
    He was taking the piss with the invitational thing...
    and more on previous pages

are you ****in kidding me? ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69105281&postcount=40

• Advertisement

Ok, That makes twelve - with some to spare.

me - Ryu
    Farz - Chun
    Scanvanger VII - guile
    Sairus - Rose
    Uber -Deejay
    Misty - Juri
    Doyler - ? No commitment yet - can you post your character choice :)
    Monkeyto - Honda
    Rob2D - Vega
    Chopper - Honda
    Future Guy - Deejay
    Meducation - Ryu

Waiting list - so far
    Yreval - Sakura
    Foamy - Ibuki

If you want to go onto the waiting list for this, just post and I'll add you. Please note that I will try to accommodate everyone/most for when I schedule the first round. If I have to pick a weekend that means someone from the list cannot do it then I will have to give their place to the next person on the list and so on until we have twelve. I will try to avoid this as best I can and will try to get everyone happy and ok to play.

Please note that it will be the responsibility of each player to arrange specific times over the weekend to play everyone. Players who cannot make an agreed time will have to forfeit their place. Use email/boards/phone/facebook/smoke signals to all arrange times. When you have an agreed time, both players must pm me the matchup info and the times. I will put all that info up in a thread when its all done and we will start. As I said before this will take some doing with co-operation and I m not going to dictate everything. We are all adults except for Farz apparently.

@Chopper - It is invitational, just an open invitation with limited numbers. Plus irony ;)

Advertisement