Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ayjayirl's Back Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I can be on tonight Banjo, hopefully see you there?

What time can suite you?

I can get on at 10.30 foamy. Can u get on then??.

I just saw atrak's post about first to ten. Is that the format for this round ayjay???. Must have missed it back along the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

half 10 or 11 is perfect for me!

First to 10?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Yeah all 2nd round matches are first to 10 wins Banjo.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Round 2
    Second round will happen over a period of 2-3 weeks following round 1.

Second round is first to 10.

Just got my ass handed to me by foamy and that ****in ibuki!!. Dont have a clue what to do against that vortex.10 - 2 to him. Well played.

• Advertisement

BanjoB wrote: »
    Just got my ass handed to me by foamy and that ****in ibuki!!. Dont have a clue what to do against that vortex.10 - 2 to him. Well played.

Well played yourself man, as i said before some tricky chun skittles used, =p

Save the replays and send the invites to Ajaay.
    I'd love to watch the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yeh, will do. Might even get some commentary on those bad boys.

Jesus 10-2. I was not expecting that. No offense intended to anyone, just thought that match up might be closer.

I do know how you feel Banjo_B. His Ibuki vortexing killed me 2 inferno's ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

In AE Ibuki will begin the round ON FIRE and will die a horrible searing death if the round doesn't end within 10 seconds, or maybe she still does - will need to check the translation. :pac:

@Foamy: I will set up the gear to record those matches tonight. I would say around 9pm. Does that suit? I can't do any earlier and I am playing my matches with Sairus tomorrow so......

Let me know anyways. :D

• Advertisement

@Foamy: I will set up the gear to record those matches tonight. I would say around 9pm. Does that suit? I can't do any earlier and I am playing my matches with Sairus tomorrow so......

Let me know anyways. :D

thats no problem at all. Ill be on then just gives me some time to get some food and create the room.

Anyone who wants to get in the reply room just ask and ill invite =p

Yreval wrote: »
    Thursday it will have to be, then.

What time on tomorrow suits Yreval?
    I'll be on from about 7PM to 10ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

A-Trak wrote: »
    What time on tomorrow suits Yreval?
    I'll be on from about 7PM to 10ish

Any of those times will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Medu and I have had our matches.

As I said, I thought it would be cool to not publish the results so if Ayjay and Doom want to do commentary on them, it will be like it was live.

Also they each play one of the characters in the match-up, so the commentary should be pretty knowledgeable.

Let me know if there's a time that suits you guys, I'm around on-and-off all weekend. Tomorrow evening especially.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Medu and I have had our matches.

As I said, I thought it would be cool to not publish the results so if Ayjay and Doom want to do commentary on them, it will be like it was live.

Also they each play one of the characters in the match-up, so the commentary should be pretty knowledgeable.

Let me know if there's a time that suits you guys, I'm around on-and-off all weekend. Tomorrow evening especially.

I'm out of the country til Sunday week so not sure if that's a go or not, much as I do want some Deejay footage.

I'm heading away on sat for a week as is doom so it may have to wait a week for that to happen.

I just had My matches with sairus. Easily the most epic battle ive ever played in. Finished 10-9 to me. Sorry I had to lame my way - your rose is a scary proposition. Ill record the whole set and post them up but as I said it'll be at least a week.

Seriously tense games sairus.

Well no worries, matches are saved anyway.

Well no worries, matches are saved anyway.

If you're happy to wait til say Monday week I can do it. Not guaranteeing Aj's presence for commentary though :D

Speaking of which, his and Sarus' ft10 was a truly epic thing to behold.

If you're happy to wait til say Monday week I can do it. Not guaranteeing Aj's presence for commentary though :D

I'm not in any rush.

The only real time limit on the "natural" commentary is if AJ wants to have his match with the winner sooner than doing the commentary. So I'd have to announce the victor, and you'ld go into it knowing already who won what (was there live commentary on the AJ/Sairus match? 10-9 sounds epic as all hell).

Even if that's the case though, you can still get the Deejay footage off me anytime in the future. Even if it's just to have footage.

I'm not in any rush.

The only real time limit on the "natural" commentary is if AJ wants to have his match with the winner sooner than doing the commentary. So I'd have to announce the victor, and you'ld go into it knowing already who won what (was there live commentary on the AJ/Sairus match? 10-9 sounds epic as all hell).

Even if that's the case though, you can still get the Deejay footage off me anytime in the future. Even if it's just to have footage.

Hey Uber, I am easy to wait till we do the commentary for your match before you announce the winner. Keep the Hype. Looks like the semi's might be over the xmas and this may be un-workable for some so I am not sure when we will be playing them but we will see when all is done.

10-9 was epic but more so because it was 9-3 to Sairus at one point. I had to win 7 on the go after losing 9 of the first 12 matches. Best come back ever. There was no commentary but we saved the games to record - had to!

Have all the 2nd round matches been played?

Oh and.....
    Placebo wrote: »
    these are my predictions based on player skill + knowledge of opponents characters / previous result * character advantage - forum smack talk =

e385d9013f4740ba89b2adel.png

Suck it Farz! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Have all the 2nd round matches been played?

I've still to play A-Trak. Will most likely play him this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

in fairness EMMETT, i was close. So you suck it.

in fairness EMMETT, i was close. So you suck it.

Unlike his fight with you.

It is you who should perform the sucking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Unlike his fight with you.

It is you who should perform the sucking.

as if the video he made wasnt enough, you have to come down barking to defend your house mate ! THATS it brian. No more commentating with you.

as if the video he made wasnt enough, you have to come down barking to defend your house mate ! THATS it brian. No more commentating with you.

I'm sorry Farz. But you presented me with an opportunity for a good burn there and I couldn't let it go. Just couldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

He's always setting himself up for good burns, I kinda figured he enjoys it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

GGs to AyJay. Absoloutely gutted that I dropped it after that 9-3 lead :(
    I'm really not looking forward to seeing that final game. I had started playing pretty rough towards the end anyways, but I actually thought that final game was casuals and was mostly just jumping forward mashing hps! XD I didn't realise that it was actually the final game until I was walking home afterwards!
    Confusion was due to the lag match we had at the start where AyJay beat me. By the time it came to the later games I'd forgotten about that test match and was just checking the lobby data for the scores - which showed me that AyJay had one more win than he actually did XD
    Ah good times!

GGs again XD

Just watched all those fights between me and foamy and it was painful to watch. The commentary was enjoyable though lads even if yee did have to sit through anti air/vortex all night. I have no clue how to fight ibuki and it got into my head near the end.

As for blocking the vortex, i need some advice. I nearly ragequit when i ate it for the 15th time.Thanks for the uploads anyway lads, cool to see ALL the places i went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Just watched all those fights between me and foamy and it was painful to watch. The commentary was enjoyable though lads even if yee did have to sit through anti air/vortex all night. I have no clue how to fight ibuki and it got into my head near the end.

As for blocking the vortex, i need some advice. I nearly ragequit when i ate it for the 15th time.Thanks for the uploads anyway lads, cool to see ALL the places i went wrong.

Hound told me to block in the direction that Ibuki is jumping in. Not 100% sure

• Advertisement

Thats not always the solution to block the kuni, after a while practicing with it, i can alomost about 70% of the time judge where the kuni will hit just as the opponent wakes up so they have basically have no time to choose which side its going to land on.

If an Ibuki player just walks up to you just before you get off the ground then normal jumps to kuni its more than likely to hit on the side she jumped from as its hella strict..

People just have trouble with this because of the choice of which way to block of the ground after a SJ to kuni.

Best bet is not to take advice go to training and set up a playback for the vortex and see what you can muster outta it.

Advertisement