Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ayjayirl's Back Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hey Foamy, A-Trak and Scaveger,
    I missed ye yesterday (Foamy I didn't see you on all day and Scavanger I missed you my 4 minutes).

Regardless of this, my internet connection decided to take a massive dump as of Friday evening. I think someone in my apt block is abusing the bandwith. I tried a few practice games this morning and the connection seems much better. The landlord is looking at the problem.

I'll be on later this evening regardless. If I see any of you on, expect an invite :)

Ill be on later tonight, I wasnt on for very long last night had to wake up early for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

@Banjo.

Might be on later if I see ya we'll do battle for 2nd.
    I'm dying with a flu and haven't really got it in me today.We couldn't have you take advantage of that.(must have also had the flu when fighting you Sairus:))
    If not today well defo tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Here's some videos. God there's some sloppy play in these games. Mostly on my half of the screen =D
    There's one point in the Banjo match where I just Ultra, and sit in a corner blocking and then walk straight into a fireball. =/

Watch in awe as I flail about randomly trying to figure out what to do against Unky's combos and cross ups!

The end of the final round in these matches is pretty damn painful XD

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

@Banjo.

Might be on later if I see ya we'll do battle for 2nd.
    I'm dying with a flu and haven't really got it in me today.We couldn't have you take advantage of that.(must have also had the flu when fighting you Sairus:))
    If not today well defo tomorrow

I'd say it'l be 2moro myself man although I might head on late to see if your on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

So can we have som kind of aggregated results from this weekend please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

76308532.jpg

So what Doom is saying is that my aa will beat you out so don't jump in and my fireball is poor vs your slide so be sure to punish if you see it. Thankfully we aren't paired against each other in any upcoming tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Ry wrote: »
    So can we have som kind of aggregated results from this weekend please?

When I have all results I'll put them up.

Med & farz. You have until tomorrow evening to have ur games with me. Can u pm me tonight if possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm still waiting for them to give me a game too.

He's runin scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

. Thankfully we aren't paired against each other in any upcoming tournament!

Yet.

and ill get around to playing you on XBL, wont be on tonight.. sorry brah.

• Advertisement

Yet.

and ill get around to playing you on XBL, wont be on tonight.. sorry brah.

Don't worry man, I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow. Finished my first set with Scavanger today. Will get the vids online if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you havent even bothered replying to even one of my PM's
    neither had med.
    I'll be on tonight? does that suit everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Everyone who didn't finish their games in the allotted time should be disqualified, banned, drawn, quartered and banished.

Everyone else should auto-qualify and receive a cookie.

Everyone who didn't finish their games in the allotted time should be disqualified, banned, drawn, quartered and banished.

Everyone else should auto-qualify and receive a cookie.

Shhh, we need 2 DeeJays in the next stage. Mon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »

The end of the final round in these matches is pretty damn painful XD

what a fight lads. Tense as anything. GGs.

Placebo wrote: »
    you havent even bothered replying to even one of my PM's
    neither had med.
    I'll be on tonight? does that suit everyone?

tumblr_lbpn5yqF0n1qzufnjo1_500.jpg

Right guys - looked like a good weekend of Hype and such. I am tabulating the results today. I still have to play Farz and Meducation - as does chopper from our group. These will be played tonight and we should have all the results in.

The group with Foamy & A-trak etc - can you please make up a table like the other groups with the results so I can excelify them. Thanks. Much appreciated.

If there are any outstanding games they have to be played tonight. Farz, I know you said you'd be on later on, so will I - you too chopper? Meducation - haven't heard much at all from you, are you around tonight? If not I'll have to give us all wins against you in your absence. :eek:

When would people like to run their FT10 in the next round? I am thinking of running this midweek from the 6th Dec to the 10th Dec. Is this ok with everyone. I am away the following week and then after that its xmas so I would like to the get first round of the knockouts done before xmas and then we can have the semi's to final after xmas. Does that suit? I will also be broadcasting a select match live online with senior Doomy commentating. As a result of our Rubbish Interweb, this will not be one of my matches so whoever draws me (assuming I qualify) wont be broadcast.

Congrats to all who qualified and hopefully tonight we will have the full list of 8 who have to go into the draw.

i will be online 1OO%, i was in bed all day sunday, celebrations from my 2 vs 2 got a bit out of hand

i will be online 1OO%, i was in bed all day sunday, celebrations from my 2 vs 2 got a bit out of hand

You beat hound.....

I'm gonna beat you....

ergo......

Yeh right!

Whats med's XBL, does he even post?

• Advertisement

Whats med's XBL, does he even post?

I think its something like methemercillis or somethign like that. As for posting.... he has, with all due respect, until tonight to get it on or we all get wins against him. :D

ayjayirl wrote: »
    If there are any outstanding games they have to be played tonight.

Myself and A-Trak tested our connection twice over the weekend but it was dreadful both times. I spoke to our internet provider this morning and I'm hoping things will be better tonight. Regardless, we will get the game over with regardless of lag. At least we are both running charge characters, so its not as if one of us can spam SRK ftw.

Foamy, I know you weren't able to play last night. I'll be on again this evening after 4ish. I'm feeling pretty sick atm so hoping to get the games played and go to bed :(

I think its something like methemercillis or somethign like that. As for posting.... he has, with all due respect, until tonight to get it on or we all get wins against him. :D

If it is him, he's on my friends list - go look on my bio and add him.

Myself and A-Trak tested our connection twice over the weekend but it was dreadful both times. I spoke to our internet provider this morning and I'm hoping things will be better tonight. Regardless, we will get the game over with regardless of lag. At least we are both running charge characters, so its not as if one of us can spam SRK ftw.

Foamy, I know you weren't able to play last night. I'll be on again this evening after 4ish. I'm feeling pretty sick atm so hoping to get the games played and go to bed :(

Show dem da power of da rhythm mon!

Ugh, I hope not.

Nobody in my group won all their matches, so if everyone in your group gets free wins by disqualification to boost their scores, we might not have anyone qualify from ours at all.

Ugh, I hope not.

Nobody in my group won all their matches, so if everyone in your group gets free wins by disqualification to boost their scores, we might not have anyone qualify from ours at all.

I think there is some confusion. The top 2 from each group go through. We had to slightly change the format when we changed from 12 to 16 players. With 4 groups, the top two from each group go through to another draw for the knockout stages.

It was in this reply
    Matches are best of 5 best of 3.
    It is Character lock as per the draw information above.
    3 points for a win
    Top two from each group will go through to the second round.
    In the case of a draw. There will be a play-off to decide who goes through. Round wins will not count in this case - it will be a playoff

In the second round there will be another blind non-seeded draw and will determine the route to final.
    The format from then on in is FT10 single elimination. More details to follow on when this will take place once we have round 1 finished.

So it will have no impact on other groups. It will merely put us all on a equal standing in our group.

Med - post that you'll be online tonight so we can end this charade! :pac:

Oh cool, I guess that means I'm through.

I thought I'd have to wait for all you layabouts to finish before finding out :pac:

we might not have anyone qualify from ours at all.

both you and Yreval look to be qualifying from your group. I'll post up the full results and details tonight after the matches are played.

To that end, can group 1 guys put that table up of wins losses tonight when you play your final matches. Thanks.

BTW - I will be recording my matches tonight with Farz and the Doommeister will be commentating. I wont be broadcasting it cause my interweb will explode but twill be recorded.

if med doesnt reply here and i play chopper first, that means i get through my default in which case i wont have to play you ;)

• Advertisement

if med doesnt reply here and i play chopper first, that means i get through my default in which case i wont have to play you ;)

If you refuse to play me, you will be disqualified as you will not complete your group! It may not matter by then but that's assuming Chopper doesn't destroy you..... which he might. I have it at 50:50.

C'mon the Chopper. I'd love to put Farz out.

It would make this tourney all worth it :p

Advertisement