Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Got out of work a little bit early yesterday, so managed to squeeze a run in before family life began
    5 miles in 42.31, 8.30 pace :eek::D:D:D
    I don't think I've ever run that fast in a training run before. Needless to say, am really happy with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done! Great run! I noticed your bad run last week and I just wanted to direct you to my entire log.. The highs and lows seem to be part and parcel of the whole package!! Keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Great run! Are you going to do Sportsworld?

RayCun wrote: »
    Great run! Are you going to do Sportsworld?

Ray, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I really liked it last year. 43:48, a PB is well within reach there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jcsmum wrote: »
    43:48, a PB is well within reach there. :cool:

39.xx or GTFO :pac:

• Advertisement

You're a tough coach!! :p
    I know you're right though, sub 40 would be the goal! (stupid adidas race series '5 miler' :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

You're a tough coach!! :p
    I know you're right though, sub 40 would be the goal! (stupid adidas race series '5 miler' :( )

No problem to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

with 42.30 in training you are more than capable of going under 40 in a race

RayCun wrote: »
    with 42.30 in training you are more than capable of going under 40 in a race

The endurance you're redeveloping in training for Cork won't hurt either.

Eventhough I was scheduled to do an LSR on Sunday, I headed out on Saturday morning for a short one (I hadn't run for 2 days, didn't want to go a third day without a run).
    6 miles in 53.31. Everything felt good.

Yesterday met digger and mrslow in the park for a 20 miler, which turned into a 20.5miler. Was really pleased with this run. There were a few patches where I was feeling tired and I just needed to mentally get around that.
    It was lovely to be able to 'switch off' ;) at times and just enjoy the banter of the two. Physically everything felt really good.

My garmin said 20.5, 3:15, pace of 9:34 :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I'd say the half lap of the car to even it up was the toughest part :P

mrslow wrote: »
    I'd say the half lap of the car to even it up was the toughest part :P

I'm a bit of a control freak, my garmin mileage has to end in .00 or .50
    :cool:

I'm a bit of a control freak, my garmin mileage has to end in .00 or .50
    :cool:

I've done it myself, it makes calculating on the 1,000 mile challenge that bit easier.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Those long runs are really no bother to you! Great training jcsmum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Eventhough I was scheduled to do an LSR on Sunday, I headed out on Saturday morning for a short one (I hadn't run for 2 days, didn't want to go a third day without a run).
    6 miles in 53.31. Everything felt good.

Yesterday met digger and mrslow in the park for a 20 miler, which turned into a 20.5miler. Was really pleased with this run. There were a few patches where I was feeling tired and I just needed to mentally get around that.
    It was lovely to be able to 'switch off' ;) at times and just enjoy the banter of the two. Physically everything felt really good.

Good job!
    Make sure though that you are getting plenty of rest- is that your second 20 miler in the past few weeks? How many more have you planned before Cork? I'd be careful as whatever else you need to make it to the start line in one piece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I like that stat - great running :)

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Good job!
    Make sure though that you are getting plenty of rest- is that your second 20 miler in the past few weeks? How many more have you planned before Cork? I'd be careful as whatever else you need to make it to the start line in one piece!

Yes, that's my second 20 miler. Will probably do 1 more. :)

Yes, that's my second 20 miler. Will probably do 1 more. :)

Plus a 22 ;)

Plus a 22 ;)
    :eek:

We'll see :D

:eek:

We'll see :D

You could pull a RubyK and run all but a half mile of full distance, just for fun!

• Advertisement

You could pull a RubyK and run all but a half mile of full distance, just for fun!

Would not be at all surprised if this happened. :pac:

Would not be at all surprised if this happened. :pac:

emmmmmmm........ nope, not a chance! :cool:

Headed out after work yesterday. Again, the first few miles were tough, my right leg felt heavy. After about 4 miles things loosened up and all was right in the world again.

7 miles 1:02, 8:57 pace

6 miles (3 laps of Marlay, groan!) in 52:42, pace of 8:47

Very happy with this, not a fan of laps no matter how big they are. Was sluggish I thought for the first 3-4 miles, but somehow the last lap of 2 miles, I powered through. Love that. :)

Rest day today, will do some laps of Dundrum shopping centre after work. Now those laps I like. :D

Headed over to the park this morning. Wasn't sure what mileage I was going to do, so I started off slow and steady. The thought of another 20 (or possibly 22) did cross my mind, but really after Sunday's 20.5, that just wouldn't have been wise.

I managed 16 in 2:38, pace of 9:57 which I was happy with. I felt comfortable throughout and probably had a few more miles in reserve.

Nice one, lovely day for it too :)

So bold :o, took Sat, Sun and Monday off!

Yesterday 6 miles, 52.15, pace of 8:43

So bold :o, took Sat, Sun and Monday off!

Yesterday 6 miles, 52.15, pace of 8:43

Step back week ;)

20 on Sunday?

Step back week ;)

20 on Sunday?

I suppose you could call it that - there were numerous Easter eggs to be eaten though!

Will aim for 20 on Saturday am. Am not around on Sunday. Anyway you guys are too fast for me. I saw your pace on those runs at the weekend...... zoom!

Am also trying to 'correct' my arms.... when I remember it! :)

• Advertisement

Am also trying to 'correct' my arms.... when I remember it! :)

I have to stop offering advice 1361.gif

Advertisement