Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Stick to the plan for the first half at least. If you're feeling good, you could speed up about 10 seconds a mile from mile 13, and maybe speed up a bit more at mile 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    Stick to the plan for the first half at least. If you're feeling good, you could speed up about 10 seconds a mile from mile 13, and maybe speed up a bit more at mile 20.

Where's all this speeding coming from? :rolleyes::)

mrslow wrote: »
    So what's it to be? 3:50???

Let's say 3:53:47 :rolleyes:

As Jack (6) says to me all the time 'sheeesh'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Very sensible advice Ray, you should set up a thread and mentor people.:P

It was good to see you Sunday, don't be a stranger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

shazkea wrote: »
    Nope simple strategy...we (the coolest relay team ever) are going to take over pacing...guaranteed sub 4 then ;). Only on offer to fellow boards though and the price is a round of drinks (alcoholic) for every minute we get ye under 4...how does that sound :D

I was talking to Claralara about this on sunday. Your team is easily capable of sub 3:40, but hey, no pressure like :p

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I was talking to Claralara about this on sunday. Your team is easily capable of sub 3:40, but hey, no pressure like :p

That'll work, RK can carry me the last 10k ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

menoscemo wrote: »

Ehhh what happened the fun run aspect of this :rolleyes:...I couldn't possibly speak for the rest of my team members but lets just say this sounds interesting :D

Was only messing - think jcsmum knows better than to take pacing advice from me!! Although I still think the idea of getting them to buy drinks for us for every minute under 4 is a brilliant suggestion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That'll work, RK can carry me the last 10k ;)

You wish :pac:
    Ehhh what happened the fun run aspect of this :rolleyes:...I couldn't possibly speak for the rest of my team members but lets just say this sounds interesting :D

Last time I did the relay we finished in about 3:40, 2 faster lads, Roy and me made up the team - I ran my 6.4 mile leg (why they put me on a relatively long leg is a whole other matter) in something like 58 minutes so it's quite doable! 3:40 is 8.24/mile average for the whole thing.

You wish :pac:

Yes I do, what's your point?

Last time I did the relay we finished in about 3:40, 2 faster lads, Roy and me made up the team - I ran my 6.4 mile leg (why they put me on a relatively long leg is a whole other matter) in something like 58 minutes so it's quite doable! 3:40 is 8.24/mile average for the whole thing.

Totally agree, will be disappointed in ye if ye don't :cool:

• Advertisement

Sorry for hijacking your log K!

8:24/mile...fastest I've gone in a race is 8:30 :eek:. Which one of ye is making my leg up :p
    Totally agree, will be disappointed in ye if ye don't :cool:

Were you not the person telling me to learn how to say No....you're just testing me right :)

8:24/mile...fastest I've gone in a race is 8:30 :eek:. Which one of ye is making my leg up :p
    Vaggababe, Claralara and me should (in theory) all be faster than 8:24 ;)

Ah pfft..you know how to press the right buttons don't you :rolleyes:. You can't be saying that to me and not expect me to take that challenge on :eek:

And before you say it Mr Slow...I flipping well can't say No!

Were you not the person telling me to learn how to say No....you're just testing me right :)

Yes but it doesn't apply to me, so just do what you're told :P

Vaggababe is good for 7:45, no doubt.

Ah pfft..you know how to press the right buttons don't you :rolleyes:. You can't be saying that to me and not expect me to take that challenge on :eek:
    That's the spirit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

@ jcsmum – well done on Saturday. That was a really great run. I certainly hope you enjoyed the couch after it! That must be it for the toughie runs now surely?

@ everyone else who is putting pressure on Vagga and the Funtime babes – please refrain from upsetting the team or I may have some tripping up and sub4 dream-smashing to take care of…

claralara wrote: »
    @ everyone else who is putting pressure on Vagga and the Funtime babes – please refrain from upsetting the team or I may have some tripping up and sub4 dream-smashing to take care of…

I'd like to see you try 265.gif

I'd like to see you try 265.gif

Don't tempt it...

Don't tempt it...

Bring it on! :cool:

Now stop changing the subject and run your leg FAST!!!

10 miles 1:34, pace of 9:28
    A bit of a slow starter, but picked up the pace towards the end.

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »

How are the legs? Mine are a bit creaky at this stage.

Nice one.

How are you feeling now? Have you ditched the heels yet?! ;)

How are the legs? Mine are a bit creaky at this stage.

They're alright. No aches or pains atall. That's why I'm a bit apprehensive about going for a sports massage.
    Fear of the unknown and all that! ;)
    Still haven't purchased 'the stick'.

Nice one.

How are you feeling now? Have you ditched the heels yet?! ;)

Heels? what are they? Seriously I have to get out more.
    Work shoes have a slight heel but nothing 'dangerous'. I'd rather be in runners or flip flops if I'm honest! :D

4 miles yesterday evening in 33:36, pace of 8:22

Sunday morning 8.30am, rain, wind, hills.... what more could a gal ask for? :rolleyes:
    Met up with meno and mrslow for our 20/22 LSR. Did a loop of the park and then headed over to Walkinstown (with our pom poms!) to cheer on other boardsies in the Sportsworld 5mile. We had nearly 12 miles done when we arrived. We hung around there for about 20mins and then we were off again. An executive decision was made to head back to the park via the DCM route. Arrived into the park around mile 18. At this point, I was well and truly exhausted. We never went above 9:30 mile/min pace. At mile 19 'somebody' (who is not so slow!) decided to run up the kyber. That nearly finished me off. I had to be coaxed up that hill. Again at 19.5m I was on the verge of giving up... but my two coaches wouldn't let me. Made it back to the car at 20.8 miles so I HAD to bring it up to 21.
    21 miles in 3:17, pace of 9:24. :D
    As reward I got a lovely cadburys chocolate/caramel bunny - bananas are so 2010! ;):D

Nice work :)

You into taper now?

Excellent going there K...taper time now or are you planning another couple of 20 milers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Great going well done.

• Advertisement

As reward I got a lovely cadburys chocolate/caramel bunny - bananas are so 2010! ;):D

Jaysus you'd eat anything after a run, did I not warn you it'd be covered in Meno's hairy sweat? :eek:

Sorry about the Kyber I always dread it but just wanted to conquer it yesterday.

Advertisement