Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Have you made a 'next step' decision yet? Are you going to hold off for Dublin or will there be a sneaky 26.2 miles in the interim?

What's your 10k pb by the way?! I'd like to be a little bit prepared mentally for the a5s whooping in Dunshaughlin!!

She ran 52 last year but will shatter that this year! I was talking Digger into pacing sub 50 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

mrslow wrote: »
    She ran 52 last year but will shatter that this year! I was talking Digger into pacing sub 50 this morning.

Jaysus, I better make an appointment with the mediators in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Will aim for the sub 50 in Dunshaughlin alright. Race ya! :p

Having taken nearly 2 weeks off since Newry, I headed out for a run last night :o
    My God, it was warm, I was parched after half a mile! 5 miles, pace of 8:38, delighted with that.

On a side note, I have finally decided I don't like my mizunos which I bought probably 6 months ago. I never had all these blisters with my kayanos. :(

I have no valid reason for putting my running 'on hold' for the last while, so I dragged my lazy ass out of bed at 6:30 this morning. Gorgeous day, a bit breezy though on the return home.
    The legs felt quite strong and I kept a good pace going. Was under pressure to be home before 7:30 to let OH go to work.

5 miles pace of 8:26, I think it was around 42 mins. I wore my old kayanos, much better. I think my mizunos are a half size too small. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sub 49 in Dunshaughlin I predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Sub 49 in Dunshaughlin I predict.

I agree. :cool:

Yes and all your Newry predictions came true aswell! :rolleyes:;)

I've been quite lazy of late so I'm not sure what I'm capable of to be honest. Plus, I'm away this weekend, so probably no running then either.
    Oh well...

Newry was a bad day at the office, this can't be predicted.:rolleyes:

Newry was a bad day at the office, this can't be predicted.:rolleyes:

yes it was!
    OH has a video clip of me at mile 25 when I snarl and scowl at them as I'm passing by. It aint pretty!

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    yes it was!
    OH has a video clip of me at mile 25 when I snarl and scowl at them as I'm passing by. It aint pretty!

I can't imagine you snarling, RQ, now that's a different story! :D

I can't imagine you snarling, RQ, now that's a different story! :D

It's nice of you to say so, but I do have video proof!

Poor RQ, are you all ganging up on her or what. On the other hand, she seems well able to handle the lot of you!

Have no idea why I'm lacking the motivation to go out running. I feel absolutely exhausted most evenings and I end up on the couch with the contents of the biscuit tin. :rolleyes:
    This laziness or tiredness or whatever it's called was really bothering me, so I got up at 6.30 this morning and headed out. 5 miles at a pace of 8:39. It felt good.

Will try and get a few more in before Saturday pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Post-marathon hangover, it's perfectly normal.
    You need to come down to Knocklyon Runners :D some evening, get the running groove back

RayCun wrote: »
    You need to come down to Knocklyon Runners :D some evening, get the running groove back

"Pimp my club" :pac::p

"Pimp my club" :pac::p

You have to come down too! And all you other readers
    KNOCKLYON RUNNERS
    ... you know you want to

You have to come down too!
    I actually did a few times last summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

+1
    We are an elite bunch of athletes masquerading as normal plodders,

I actually did a few times last summer...

Yeah? There are probably more people now, there were about 25 at each of the last two sessions and a decent spread of paces.

Nice one this morning! Oh to have a speedy run that feels good...:rolleyes: You must tell me what that's like sometime!

• Advertisement

The timing isn't good for me unfortunately. Too early.

Nice one this morning! Oh to have a speedy run that feels good...:rolleyes: You must tell me what that's like sometime!

You can tell me yourself at 8:19pm on Saturday!! :p

You can tell me yourself at 8:19pm on Saturday!! :p

If I'm at a finish line at 8.19 on Saturday, I guarantee I won't be telling any stories until the oxygen tank has been removed and the contents of my stomach washed off the ground...:D Haha!

As I've said...here's hoping!

It didn't start on time last year :P

If I'm at a finish line at 8.19 on Saturday, I guarantee I won't be telling any stories until the oxygen tank has been removed and the contents of my stomach washed off the ground...:D Haha!

As I've said...here's hoping!

I would have thought that the positivity & determination of your 'mentor' would have washed over you. ;)

It didn't start on time last year :P

:pac:

Well maybe I meant that she would do a sub 40!

2 early mornings in a row - shock horror. Didn't use the garmin but it was about 4.75 miles in 43mins
    Lovely morning for a run, even with the blustery wind for the last mile and a half or so.

2 early mornings in a row - shock horror. Didn't use the garmin but it was about 4.75 miles in 43mins
    Lovely morning for a run, even with the blustery wind for the last mile and a half or so.

Sounds to me like you've gotten your mojo back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Best of luck tomorrow jcsmum, you have the sub50 in the bag:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

best of luck tomorrow jcsmum... no bother to you

Advertisement