Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    We are in the Park again on the 3rd if you're not back in work!...10 AM Papal Cross.....
    Your ideas interest me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

aw - i wish i was at standard to go running with you guys! Mqaybe this time next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Your ideas interest me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Let me know if you need a lift.....

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Let me know if you need a lift.....

I will, if ya don't mind.

(resolution for 2011: learn to drive!)

I will, if ya don't mind.

(resolution for 2011: learn to drive!)

No probs, I'll text you on Sunday morning to confirm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Unfortunately I'm not around on the 3rd, but would deffo be interested for next weekend.
    Anyways not to be outdone by fellow boardsies :P I headed to the Phoenix park yesterday morning. I wanted to run for 2 hours.... which I did. I mapped the run and it looks like I like 13.7 miles. Horay.... Waterford, I'm back in business. What a difference a day makes!
    Beautiful end to 2010!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not around on the 3rd, but would deffo be interested for next weekend.
    Anyways not to be outdone by fellow boardsies :P I headed to the Phoenix park yesterday morning. I wanted to run for 2 hours.... which I did. I mapped the run and it looks like I like 13.7 miles. Horay.... Waterford, I'm back in business. What a difference a day makes!
    Beautiful end to 2010!

Good running!!

A glorious 7.5 miles in Killarney National Park this morning in about 1hr 10. Again, not sure about exact time or distance, but it doesn't matter. Lots of little hills scattered about so it was tough going at times, no matter how beautiful the scenery was. My first run of 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Oh Man , your log is just awe and envy inspiring, ya wagon!

I'm just kind getting back to running, just trying to do 5k 3 times a week and some 5k races for the forseeable future.

Oh Man , your log is just awe and envy inspiring, ya wagon!

I'm just kind getting back to running, just trying to do 5k 3 times a week and some 5k races for the forseeable future.

Hey, don't be so modest missus. I've been checking out your fitness log every so often. No idea what you're actually talking about, but it sounds strenuous! Delighted you're getting back into the running. You can't let OH hog all the medals!

• Advertisement

5.5 miles in the cold yesterday evening in 49mins. It wasn't easy heading out after a 3hour journey in the car, but the legs needed some stretching. Plus it made pigging out in front of the TV last night all the sweeter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You are in flying form jcsmum for Waterford! Keep up the good work :)

Just shy of 7 miles in 1hr 5 mins. My God, my two legs felt like lead for the first 3 miles. I was seriously considering turning around after 1.5m and just making it a disappointing 3 miler. But I had the time, the weather was good and I just told myself to keep going and that the legs would loosen up after a while, which they did, but it was tough to keep going. The latter half of the run was pretty good, so am happy with that.

And my garmin arrived today - fingers crossed it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Any interest in the group run on Sunday?

shazkea wrote: »
    Any interest in the group run on Sunday?

Hi Shaz
    Only saw your post now. I'm actually going to join RK in Tymon tomorrow for hopefully 10 miles, so won't be trekking across to the Phoenix park.
    I shall see you in Waterford though! :D

Was all set to go for a 10 miler this morning at 9 with RK - happy days. Then last night I ruined it all by going to the cinema to see 127 hours. I blacked out at 'that scene' (despite hiding my face behind my hands) and had to leave the cinema and proceeded to pewk my guts up many many times.:o
    And before anyone says it, I knew what the film was about, I knew what he was going to do, but my God, was I unprepared for that.
    Anyway lets just say I was most definitely unable to get up at 8am for 10 miles.
    I do have to say, I did manage to go out later and do over 6.5 in 56mins, so all is not lost.

Damn you Danny Boyle!!

Was all set to go for a 10 miler this morning at 9 with RK - happy days. Then last night I ruined it all by going to the cinema to see 127 hours. I blacked out at 'that scene' (despite hiding my face behind my hands) and had to leave the cinema and proceeded to pewk my guts up many many times.:o
    And before anyone says it, I knew what the film was about, I knew what he was going to do, but my God, was I unprepared for that.
    Anyway lets just say I was most definitely unable to get up at 8am for 10 miles.
    I do have to say, I did manage to go out later and do over 6.5 in 56mins, so all is not lost.

Damn you Danny Boyle!!

Jaybus...Hope you're ok and that there was no arm done? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Jeez that sounds rotten, hope you're feeling ok now. Read a review of the film and it said it was the sound as much as the visuals that was sickening. Knocking that off my to-see list! At least you got a run in, fair play :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Damn you Danny Boyle!!

I haven't read any of the reviews, have no idea what the film's about and going to see it tonight ahead of tomorrow's 10 miler...hmmmm. It doesn't seem like such a good idea right now.. I'll bring an eye mask!!

You're really in great shape for Waterford. I had planned to be but that went out the window. If I can get through the 10 miles tomorrow I'll do Waterford as an LSR but I won't be going for a PB or anything like it! Keep up the good work. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Hi Shaz
    Only saw your post now. I'm actually going to join RK in Tymon tomorrow for hopefully 10 miles, so won't be trekking across to the Phoenix park.
    I shall see you in Waterford though! :D

Can't decide between Waterford and Aware but will make up my mind after tomorrow.

As for your expereince in the cinema - bloody hell. I may wait until the DVD so and have a bucket beside me! Hope you're feeling better.

• Advertisement

Don't think I'll be going to see that then! :eek:

Glad to see you got out in the end, totally understand ya not making it this morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Wow, that's some film review...:rolleyes:

I had to laugh at all your responses :D. Seriously though I'm not that squeamish, but anything to do with needles and veins (self injection or in this case amputation) - :eek:. I have a phobia. And it was the music too and OH kept gasping. My eyes were covered but I did look up at a particular horrible second! And I was so enjoying the film up to then, it really is very very good. :) I hope I didn't put anyone off going to see it :rolleyes::p

Anyway back to running. I'm fine now, all better! Set off this morning in the beautiful sun. Honestly I felt like I was running on diamonds, the paths were sparkling - happy images at last!
    Did 7.2miles in 1hr 4 mins.

claralara wrote: »
    I haven't read any of the reviews, have no idea what the film's about and going to see it tonight ahead of tomorrow's 10 miler...hmmmm. It doesn't seem like such a good idea right now.. I'll bring an eye mask!!

You're really in great shape for Waterford. I had planned to be but that went out the window. If I can get through the 10 miles tomorrow I'll do Waterford as an LSR but I won't be going for a PB or anything like it! Keep up the good work. :)

Do you know, I'm just going to enjoy Waterford. I'm not aiming for anything amazing either, would love to do a sub 2hr again. I'm really just enjoying the running and not focusing on any goals as such. I enjoy it so much more. Just keeping the fitness up. It was different training for DCM - it was a biggie!
    Hope you enjoyed the film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Do you know, I'm just going to enjoy Waterford. I'm not aiming for anything amazing either, would love to do a sub 2hr again. I'm really just enjoying the running and not focusing on any goals as such. I enjoy it so much more. Just keeping the fitness up. It was different training for DCM - it was a biggie!
    Hope you enjoyed the film!

Yeah I’m just gonna run it for the craic at this stage. Sure what else would I be doing of a cold depressing Saturday morning in January! And it’s fits into the schedule as an LSR so why not.

I actually really enjoyed the film – was prepared for ‘that bit’ so I just kept my face in the popcorn and pick’n’mix.:) It kind of made me want to go canyoneering…except for the losing a limb part! :rolleyes:

Firstly claralara, you are hardcore! :D A half marathon will be no bother to you so.

I set off this morning, aiming to do 10miles. The garmin is back and working perfectly. 10.57m in 1.36.56, pace of 9.10. Happy days :D

I set off this morning, aiming to do 10miles. The garmin is back and working perfectly. 10.57m in 1.36.56, pace of 9.10. Happy days :D

Excellent running:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Firstly claralara, you are hardcore! :D A half marathon will be no bother to you so.

Well Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best wishes for the half on Saturday, it'll be no bother to you :)

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    Best wishes for the half on Saturday, it'll be no bother to you :)

Ah thanks, am actually really looking forward to it despite the threat of wind and rain. Am also googling things to do in Waterford for the Sunday. The coppercoast geopark looks nice. We have a little boy who loves the sea! :)

Advertisement