Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Yes, when dying on the Kyber close to puking make sure and tell me to suck it up! See what happens!

hmm, I seem to remember someone standing on Military Road at the end of May laughing at the 5k runners...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Worse. I'll bring my running gear with me and do my nice easy scheduled 30 minute run with strides while you're dying, and have a big smile on my face the entire time. :cool:

Aren't you a sweetheart? :cool: Actually, put your evil to good use and focus it on Perky.

RayCun wrote: »
    hmm, I seem to remember someone standing on Military Road at the end of May laughing at the 5k runners...

Yes what a ba5tard he was with 'C'mon Ray' and other similarly abusive terms.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

4 miles yesterday evening in 35:13, pace of 8:48
    Did a loop around Firhouse which is windy & hilly. Tired after that.

8 miles yesterday in 1:13, pace of 9:12
    This was supposed to be a slow run - well I thought it would be with the heat and distance. :rolleyes: I kinda started at this pace and seemed to be able to keep going without too much effort.

Seriously though what is with bunches of young guys out walking the roads and parks shouting crap at female walkers/runners.
    Note to self, learn to karate chop & kick while running. :rolleyes::mad::cool:

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Seriously though what is with bunches of young guys out walking the roads and parks shouting crap at female walkers/runners.

School's out and f all else to do! Bring a baseball bat next time! :D

School's out and f all else to do! Bring a baseball bat next time! :D

You know I don't like carrying things when I'm running. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Oh god i hear ya :mad: or drivers who feel the need to hoot at you as they are driving past too. I don't hoot at male runners/cyclists so why do they do it to us :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Just catching up on your log K. Well done on Clontarf...ages ago I know!! It seems like it was a stroll in the park for you :). You've def got your running mojo back so that's great.

Nules10 wrote: »
    Oh god i hear ya :mad: or drivers who feel the need to hoot at you as they are driving past too. I don't hoot at male runners/cyclists so why do they do it to us :mad:

Would you not take that as a compliment? :pac:

• Advertisement

You haven't seen the drivers around where she is running :pac:

shazkea wrote: »

Digger gets a bad rap again :D

Just catching up on your log K. Well done on Clontarf...ages ago I know!! It seems like it was a stroll in the park for you :). You've def got your running mojo back so that's great.

Thanks Shaz, how're you doing yourself?

grrrrrrrrrr

Thanks Shaz, how're you doing yourself?

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel but just seriously bored of walking everywhere...why walk when you can get there so much quicker by running :).

I'll be over at the park on Sat for the race so I might see you there.

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel but just seriously bored of walking everywhere...why walk when you can get there so much quicker by running :).

I'll be over at the park on Sat for the race so I might see you there.

SNAP
    I just wrote that on your log. Great minds! :cool:

After Donore we went to Ryan's and I decided to walk in the direction of home, into the park at Parkgate st and across to Farmleigh, I was wrecked at the end of it. If I had run it wouldn't have knocked a spot off of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't worry, I'll batter them for ya! :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I know, little buggers are everywhere. That's one of the few consolations at running at ridiculous o'clock in the morning, they're all still in bed... Except on Saturday and Sunday mornings when they're just coming back from the night before... I'll keep an eye out for you on Saturday; I just posted on Shaz's log that i might need a kick in the a$$ to get me up the Kyber (ooooh that just sounds so Carry On-ish!) so if you see me struggling, roar!

:D shaz i was just about to say i would take it as a compliment if they were half decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

racheljev wrote: »
    I know, little buggers are everywhere. That's one of the few consolations at running at ridiculous o'clock in the morning, they're all still in bed... Except on Saturday and Sunday mornings when they're just coming back from the night before... I'll keep an eye out for you on Saturday; I just posted on Shaz's log that i might need a kick in the a$$ to get me up the Kyber (ooooh that just sounds so Carry On-ish!) so if you see me struggling, roar!

Hmm, good sign idea: Carry On Up The Kyber :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I never get ass grabbing compliments when I'm running. Tear. I want in on this action... Right I'm booking the plastic surgery!!

claralara wrote: »
    I never get ass grabbing compliments when I'm running. Tear. I want in on this action

You're running in Royshland, move out of your comfort zone! Show a bit of leg, it all helps!

racheljev wrote: »

We'll try our best no doubt to roar at everyone, but as it's so crowded we might miss one or two of you.
    Wear something bright! :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Nules10 wrote: »
    :D shaz i was just about to say i would take it as a compliment if they were half decent

I got stopped by two scary blokes in a red VW, thought they were asking for directions but thats not what they asked! dirty things bet they couldnt run if their life depended on it!

So 'briggan girls dont go near a red VW if one stops!

ILOVERED wrote: »
    I got stopped by two scary blokes in a red VW, thought they were asking for directions but thats not what they asked! dirty things bet they couldnt run if their life depended on it!

Report them to the Gardai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Report them to the Gardai!

I should have put I just ran home (and at a fast pace then normal)

I should have put I just ran home (and at a fast pace then normal)

it's great for training alright!! ;)

:eek: crap really. Thanks for the warning. Dirty little feckers :mad:

• Advertisement

Thursday/Friday Rest days

Saturday, headed over to the park to cheer on fellow boardsies in the 5miler. I didn't enjoy this race last year and just not a big fan of 5k or 5 milers so I decided to sit this one out. Met Shaz on the kyber and we did our best to be super enthusiastic 'cheerleaders'. It didn't go to plan as we missed some people, scared other people and destroyed other people's 'stalking' activities (right digger?!). All in all we had a good laugh. It was nice also to get to see the inside of Ryans at last.
    To be honest, I know I said I didn't like the shorter races, but I'm not sure I want to be a spectator again. :rolleyes::)

Saturday pm 5 uneventful miles between the showers.

Advertisement