Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Sunday, headed over to the park for 10 while other people were sleeping off hangovers! Was feeling a bit sorry for myself if I'm honest at the thoughts of 2 solitary running hours in the rain and wind. But I just got on with it and after a few miles, I was into a nice rhythm.

A trip back to the car at 8 miles for a gel and a drink and off I went again. I did another 4.5 miles and arrived at the car park again where I met with meno, aimman, chinquetti and Brian. I was planning an LSR of 16 miles, but Brian took us on a lovely 6 mile loop so I ended up doing 18.5

I would have to say that I really enjoyed yesterday's run. I felt I could have kept on running. Love that! :)

18.5 miles 2:53, pace of 9:23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great going on the 18.5 miles. You are going to sail through DCM training :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »
    Thursday/Friday Rest days

Saturday, headed over to the park to cheer on fellow boardsies in the 5miler. I didn't enjoy this race last year and just not a big fan of 5k or 5 milers so I decided to sit this one out. Met Shaz on the kyber and we did our best to be super enthusiastic 'cheerleaders'. It didn't go to plan as we missed some people, scared other people and destroyed other people's 'stalking' activities (right digger?!). All in all we had a good laugh. It was nice also to get to see the inside of Ryans at last.
    To be honest, I know I said I didn't like the shorter races, but I'm not sure I want to be a spectator again. :rolleyes::)

Saturday pm 5 uneventful miles between the showers.

You won't be joining me for the ten miler then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Whats your plan for LSR distance this week? Have to do mine on Sunday if your interested?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Whats your plan for LSR distance this week? Have to do mine on Sunday if your interested?

I'd prefer to do mine on Saturday. Get it out of the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I know I much prefer Saturday but in Galway on Fri night so needs must for this week :(

I'll be back to Saturdays from next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Come with me on Saturday :) although i am probably going a bit too slow :(

5 nice brisk miles at 6:30 this morning. I wish I had the resolve to get up at this time more mornings, I feel great now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

5 nice brisk miles at 6:30

That'd give you a lightening 5k :)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    That'd give you a lightening 5k :)

:D

• Advertisement

5 early morning miles today before work. I love this running before work, pity I have to head out so early though. I'm beat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

5 early morning miles today before work. I love this running before work, pity I have to head out so early though. I'm beat now.

Good on ya for getting up early and going out i just cannot do it. I would run at 12 at night rather than the morning :D well maybe not 12 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Mail!

Met Nules10 and Angela in the park at 9am on Saturday. Was pushed for time so did 13.5 miles instead of a planned 16. A nice easy paced run, great company, lovely morning... what more could one ask for. :)

3 recovery miles on Sunday. Uneventful.

5.5 miles this morning at 6.30am. Gorgeous morning. Was under a bit of pressure to be home at a particular time, so that kept my pace up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Very impressed with your training!

dolliemix wrote: »
    Very impressed with your training!

But none of us are surprised ;)

4 miles, pace of 8:30 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

4 miles, pace of 8:30 yesterday.

You're fairly flying it these days! Savage running form.
    What's your goal time for DCM?

Emer911 wrote: »
    You're fairly flying it these days! Savage running form.
    What's your goal time for DCM?

Thanks Emer. My goal is sub 4. :)

Time to log a few runs.

Friday
    6 miles, just slightly under 9 min mile pace. This run was horrible, the legs felt so tight and sore. Was worried I wouldn't be up for running Saturday's LSR.

Saturday
    Met the gang in the park. 16 miles. Really enjoyed this. Am actually really enjoying the LSRs and I seem really able to keep up and keep going. Long may it continue.

Monday
    6 miles on Monday morning. Left the house at 8:30 and it was eerily quiet around our way. Again 9 min mile pace. This felt really good.

• Advertisement

Am actually really enjoying the LSRs and I seem really able to keep up and keep going. Long may it continue

There's a tone of surprise here from the woman who ran 5 x 20 milers for Cork?

There's a tone of surprise here from the woman who ran 5 x 20 milers for Cork?

Yeah but I wouldn't have said I 'enjoyed' them. They were a necessity. The LSRs lately are kinda enjoyable. I must be losing my mind. :rolleyes:

Yeah but I wouldn't have said I 'enjoyed' them. They were a necessity. The LSRs lately are kinda enjoyable. I must be losing my mind. :rolleyes:

You have arrived!

What plan are you following for Dublin?

You have arrived!

What plan are you following for Dublin?

No plan. That's why the weekend LSRs are important to me, I am often pushed for time during the week. I can't get a run longer than probably 6 miles done mid week.
    But it's all going well, I'm enjoying the 'training'. I've signed up for the 10 and the half, but I'm really focused on DCM and that sub 4. :)

I can't get a run longer than probably 6 miles done mid week. :)

Will that change as you go through the Summer?

I found that back to back midweek middle distance runs brought me on hugely before Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

You're flying it.... Sub 4 all the way come DCM :)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    You're flying it.... Sub 4 all the way come DCM :)

You're alive!!! Let me pick myself up off the floor! ;):)
    How're things going with you? I heard you were to be pacing at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

You're alive!!! Let me pick myself up off the floor! ;):)
    How're things going with you? I heard you were to be pacing at the weekend.

:D I sure am....I've just been keeping things ticking over running-wise and my lack of t'interweb in the apartment is driving me mad (cue claralara angry face :mad:)......... My Mum hasn't been too well either so have been in and out of the hospital to her too. The weekend went well, I enjoyed the experience and had a laugh with Spag Bol along the way! Nice to get the ''Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you'' wishes at the end!!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    :D I sure am....I've just been keeping things ticking over running-wise and my lack of t'interweb in the apartment is driving me mad (cue claralara angry face :mad:)......... My Mum hasn't been too well either so have been in and out of the hospital to her too. The weekend went well, I enjoyed the experience and had a laugh with Spag Bol along the way! Nice to get the ''Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you'' wishes at the end!!

Were you running along with bunches of bananas hanging outta ya so?? ;)

• Advertisement

Got out of work early yesterday, so I got the opportunity for a longish run yesterday.
    9 miles at 8:58 pace. All good, was a bit tired but I rewarded myself with a Magnum classic when I got home. :cool:

Advertisement