Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »
    Was disappointed to miss Shaz on route. Could have done with a holler in the last stretch.

Good running K, dunno how I missed you. You're going to have to wear some bright pink for half so I can see you.....although after your comments on Nules log, not sure I will be cheering either of you on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again on a brilliant time missus! You looked so comfortable when you breezed by me and my cramps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Great run again... You looked very fresh at the finish so a sub 80 is there for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Have not been feeling 100% since Saturday so I took 3 days rest. What is the matter with me, the guilt I was feeling was ridiculous. I mean my head is blocked up and my throat feels like I'm swallowing razors. Can't a gal be sick without the runner's guilt coming into it. :rolleyes:

Anyway got back onto the road at 6.30 this morning. Didn't time myself but did a 5 mile loop. Nice brisk pace and was really wishing that I could get up that early more often. Really enjoyed it. :)

Another 5 miles around the block this morning. I've got to say, it was a perfect run - great way to start the day. :)

• Advertisement

5.5 miles around Firhouse this morning. Another really nice run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Sounds like you're feeling the love for the running at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

god you are doing great at the early morning runs, i could be looking for a few tips come next week :)

Didn't get to meet up with the gang on Saturday, I forgot about a certain golf competition :rolleyes:, so I headed off to the phoenix park in the afternoon for a solitary 18.
    The first 12 were easy enough, the last few miles I was tiring. The pace was an average of 9:12 which is really too fast for an LSR for me, but glad I could keep it going.

8 miles over to Marlay, a loop of the park and back this morning. No idea of time, but it seemed pretty brisk.

Out of contact for the next few days but will try to get a few short runs in.

I've 17 to do at the weekend so am planning on heading to the park and rustling up a few others if you're around.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I've 17 to do at the weekend so am planning on heading to the park and rustling up a few others if you're around.....

I've something similar planned so I'll be there hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm meeting Meno at 10 on Sunday for 18/20 if that suits?

I am alive and kicking but family life has kept me busy for the last few weeks. I think I have run four times in the last three weeks.
    Was very nervous and unsure about the half this morning. I think I used a bit of reverse psychology on myself by insisting I was well rested!
    I found the race quite enjoyable if I'm honest, my only blip was around mile 9. I kept ahead of the 1'50 pacers from mile two onwards and I think that helped me focus and stay determined. I knew if they overtook me it would be soul destroying. Thankfully I was able to keep going at a steady pace, the balloons behind me.
    My chip time was 1'48'40 so absolutely thrilled.
    Now I have got to catch up on everyone's logs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done you. Great time. Nice of you to re-appear just in time for the match tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Great time yesterday, you must be chuffed with that! :D

Well done K and Up the Dubs!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good stuff yesterday K, well done!

Can I be the first to say to someone from Kerry:

Up Dublin!
    :D

I've two very happy babas here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Can I be the first to say to someone from Kerry:

Up Dublin!
    :D

I've two very happy babas here!

Jeez what ever happened to Munster solidarity :rolleyes:

Although it is a great weekend when you see 2 arrogant green and gold teams put back in their box with a good beating :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Jeez what ever happened to Munster solidarity :rolleyes:

My babas are Dubs, I'm with them. Unless of course Limerick or Munster are playing then it's war!

• Advertisement

Sob sob. I don't think we deserved to win, pure and simple. I suppose three sporting success stories over the weekend was too much to ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Brilliant running jcsmum, you well set for the big one now :)

Sob sob. I don't think we deserved to win, pure and simple. I suppose three sporting success stories over the weekend was too much to ask for!

There were three! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd count it as five - rugby, the Dubs and Man U all winning, and Liverpool and Arsenal losing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done on Saturday! Great run and was good to see you :)

Mr Slow wrote: »

There were three! :D

The cheek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done on Sat- great running!

My training is not going that well. Away last weekend so no lsr again. I'm only managing early morning runs at the moment, these are anything from four to seven miles. Not the best for dcm unfortunately. Have to get another few long long runs in soon.

My training is not going that well. Away last weekend so no lsr again. I'm only managing early morning runs at the moment, these are anything from four to seven miles. Not the best for dcm unfortunately. Have to get another few long long runs in soon.

You've plenty of miles in the legs K, you may not have had the best preparation for sub 4 but just run to enjoy it and btw we expect you in the pub afterwards!!!

• Advertisement

Park for 20 at the weekend perhaps?

Advertisement