Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Park for 20 at the weekend perhaps?

That's the plan. Can't run on Saturday so I'm aiming for Sunday.

Another four early morning miles today. I feel like a complete slacker. Lsr definitely on the cards for the weekend. Will be interested to see if I can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

jcsmum wrote: »
    Lsr definitely on the cards for the weekend. Will be interested to see if I can manage it.

No bother to ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Will be interested to see if I can manage it.

The miles you put into the legs don't just evaporate, Sunday will be no problem to ya!

5 miles this morning. Such short runs I know, not ideal for marathon training. The only this is that they are all at a decent pace, surely that has got to count for something!

• Advertisement

21 miles this morning so thrilled with that. Pace of 9'15. Had the company of Mr not slow for the first 4 and pistol until about 15. Was very determined at that stage to get to 21 as the long runs have been lacking from my training.

Really happy with the run and the aftermath, everything feels good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

21 miles this morning so thrilled with that. Pace of 9'15. Had the company of Mr not slow for the first 4 and pistol until about 15. Was very determined at that stage to get to 21 as the long runs have been lacking from my training.

Awww well done that's Brilliant. Must give you a great boost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done this morning, great solid run for you! Brilliant confidence booster :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Great run this morning any time we were going by you looked as fresh as a daisy fair play

ecoli wrote: »
    Great run this morning any time we were going by you looked as fresh as a daisy fair play

Ah cheers, we were kinda in awe of you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

21 miles this morning so thrilled with that. Pace of 9'15.

Glad to see the Firhouse wind tunnel is still standing to you, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done yesterday morning. You were flying when I left you. Knew the last 6 would be no problem to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great work yesterday jcsmum! You must be delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Well done
    21 miles- I feel sick at the thought of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great running and as the guys said a good confidence booster.

Just an update, three early morning runs this week, 4, 5 and 5. Short but quick enough. I have only used my garmin on lsr which suits me just fine.
    Again I know the distance for these runs leaves a lot to be desired, but everything feels good and confidence is ok too.
    Looking forward to the 18 in the am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Hope you plan on taking it nice and handy in the morning. My legs are shot :eek:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Hope you plan on taking it nice and handy in the morning. My legs are shot :eek:

That suits me just fine!

Well somehow we all ended up at garda HQ this morning and set off in two groups. Note to self, never try to pace a group again. I was rubbish. I was either at 8'50 or 9'50 pace.
    Bottom line, I got my 18 miles in and I think the garmin read 9'25 pace.

Also when I got back to the car, it took me a good 5 minutes to get out of the parking spot. I was mortified that I might still be there when the 20 milers would get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

You were fine, thanks a million and great to see you again this morning :)

Maybe see you next week, but if I dont, good luck over next few weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Well somehow we all ended up at garda HQ this morning and set off in two groups. Note to self, never try to pace a group again. I was rubbish. I was either at 8'50 or 9'50 pace.
    Bottom line, I got my 18 miles in and I think the garmin read 9'25 pace.

Also when I got back to the car, it took me a good 5 minutes to get out of the parking spot. I was mortified that I might still be there when the 20 milers would get back!
    Well done K you are flying it. Pacer next year for DCM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good running today, pace was spot on. Enjoy the taper!

6 miles this afternoon in a blustery marlay park. I suppose this should have been a recovery run, but it wasn't. Pace was 8'35, time 51'35.

6 miles this afternoon in a blustery marlay park. I suppose this should have been a recovery run, but it wasn't. Pace was 8'35, time 51'35.

What's the target for DCM, you're obviously quite fresh after yesterday's 20. Sub 4, 3:55?

Mr Slow wrote: »

What's the target for DCM, you're obviously quite fresh after yesterday's 20. Sub 4, 3:55?

Well yesterday was 18, but today's run was good. Tired now. Sub 4 is the goal...again.

Well yesterday was 18, but today's run was good. Tired now. Sub 4 is the goal...again.

No problem to ya!!!

5.5 miles around the block. Legs were a bit tired but a good run all the same.

5.5 miles around the block. Legs were a bit tired but a good run all the same.

Are you racing Donadea?

No. We have a christening!

• Advertisement

No. We have a christening!

Enjoy yourself and don't be worrying about us slogging in the rain! ;)

Advertisement