Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Time to log a few runs. Last week Thursday was 3 miles, 5 miles on Friday and 5 miles on Saturday morning.
    Today I headed out around 5'30 planning to do 8 miles and then decided to stretch it to 10. Before I knew it I had convinced myself to do the 15. Beautiful evening, the Legs felt good and everything just seemed to fall into place.
    15 miles in 2'12, pace of 8'51, way too fast for an lsr but it was kind of effortless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

jcsmum wrote: »
    15 miles in 2'12, pace of 8'51, way too fast for an lsr but it was kind of effortless.

:eek: hey speedy, great going! You must be looking at sub 3.50 at least?

RubyK wrote: »
    15 miles in 2'12, pace of 8'51, way too fast for an lsr but it was kind of effortless.[/QUOT

:eek: hey speedy, great going! You must be looking at sub 3.50 at least?

Thanks ruby, to be honest I just want the sub four badly, I won't be aiming for sub 3'50 because I'd be afraid of blowing my chances. Cowardly I know, but I don't want a repeat of Newry!

5 miles around the block. Tough enough towards the end, the wind was awful. Probably preferred Sunday's 15 miler if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RubyK wrote: »

Thanks ruby, to be honest I just want the sub four badly, I won't be aiming for sub 3'50 because I'd be afraid of blowing my chances. Cowardly I know, but I don't want a repeat of Newry!

Newry was a mess, I ran with a guy in Cork who was running 10 marathons for charity dressed as Forrest Gump and he said it was a nightmare, all the hills in the first half would have sucked the life out of you. Don't rigidly stick to the Garmin, let the hills bring you down rather than holding back and by the time you get past the UCD flyover you'll be powering home!

I predict a convincing sub4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I predict a convincing sub4!
    +1

Aw shucks you guys......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It'll be no trouble to you :cool:

I hope the wind and cold f's off to wherever it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I hope the wind and cold f's off to wherever it came from.

Meh, a dry, cold day would be ideal - last year the weather was perfect for DCM (imo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

K you are flying it... speedy is right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Here's an incentive...if you don't go sub 4, I won't give you your medal at the end :pac:

Nay a bother to you with the runs you're getting in lately.

Meh, a dry, cold day would be ideal - last year the weather was perfect for DCM (imo).

Last year was cold initially but by the time we came out of the park the sun was shining and it was gorgeous, not a breath of wind also!

Nules10 wrote: »
    K you are flying it... speedy is right :)

I agree, Ruby is right!

5.5 miles early this am, not as windy as yesterday but it sure was cold.

6 miles this morning, 55 mins. Beautiful morning. Nothing else to report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Are you around Sat morning for the last hurrah?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Are you around Sat morning for the last hurrah?

Nope, somebody is playing golf! I'll just run locally.

Rest day yesterday. 10 miles this morning. Had to be back home by 9am so it was an early one. First 5miles was alright, the second 5 much better. Pace was 8'49.
    Am really looking forward to DCM actually despite not covering the mileage that I should have covered. Confidence is good and physically everything is ticking away nicely. I know a lot can depend on the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

You're going to smash it K, your confidence is high and your pace is great. Really hope it's a cracker for you - enjoy your taper!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

With the pacers to follow, and the support on the day, you'll be great.

4.5 miles this morning in 40 mins. Thought I'd avoid the rain but it was not to be. Legs were tired today.

4.5 miles this morning in 40 mins. Thought I'd avoid the rain but it was not to be. Legs were tired today.

K you are zipping around the place good on you. I thought i would avoid the rain too. Started to rain the second i stepped outside the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Rest day yesterday. 10 miles this morning. Had to be back home by 9am so it was an early one. First 5miles was alright, the second 5 much better. Pace was 8'49.
    Am really looking forward to DCM actually despite not covering the mileage that I should have covered. Confidence is good and physically everything is ticking away nicely. I know a lot can depend on the day...

All the ingredients for a successful day out. You've been running brilliantly over the last few months and you well deserve your sub 4 now! Enjoy your last week of taper now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Nules10 wrote: »
    K you are zipping around the place good on you. I thought i would avoid the rain too. Started to rain the second i stepped outside the door.

LOL. There was NO avoiding the rain today! :p

Good luck in DCM K. You are looking strong for it.
    I'll be cheering and hopefully see y'all in the pub after?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Great work JC. Delighted it's all going so well and you're enjoying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

It's looking good for you! Roll on the 31st :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Great to see you running well and despite a few curtailments ;) to your plan, I've no doubt all will be good:)

So a 4 miler on Tuesday, this did not feel good for some reason.
    Tonight I just headed out for half an hour...slowly slowly.
    Am a bit snuffly the past few days... Hopefully it's nothing.
    Still looking forward to Monday!

• Advertisement

Hey hopefully it's just a sniffle you have and it's gone by Monday. I am sure it will be.

Advertisement