Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »

It's now nearly a week later and for the past few days I've been analysing. I am definitely doing another marathon, maybe Cork next year. I have lots to work on, I need new shoes, I need to experiment with more gels, I need to follow a tougher plan (maybe, that's up for discussion!). I think I can do sub 3'55 or sub 3'50.

Love it :D.

Seriously, well done on getting thorugh the tough miles and getting your PB. It was a hard day for alot of people so take in comfort in the fact you're alone in that. You honestly did not look that bad when I met you which was why I was laughing when you said "Never Again". Best of luck for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »

It's now nearly a week later and for the past few days I've been analysing. I am definitely doing another marathon, maybe Cork next year. I have lots to work on, I need new shoes, I need to experiment with more gels, I need to follow a tougher plan (maybe, that's up for discussion!). I think I can do sub 3'55 or sub 3'50.

Love it :D.

Seriously, well done on getting thorugh the tough miles and getting your PB. It was a hard day for alot of people so take in comfort in the fact you're alone in that. You honestly did not look that bad when I met you which was why I was laughing when you said "Never Again". Best of luck for Waterford

I had had my few comatose moments before I met you, that's why.

When I say shoes, of course I mean runners. Is there another type of shoe??!!

2 miles last night, stretch the legs so to speak. Nearly tripped numerous times while looking at that beautiful full moon.

3 miles early this morning. Picked up the pace for this.

Set out this morning at 9, back just after ten. Not sure of pace or distance, just enjoyed it. Really lovely morning for a run.

5 miles yesterday evening. Again, no garmin so didn't time this one either. Oh the freedom!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Whats next? Waterford?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Whats next? Waterford?

Yeah, no plan for it really. I don't think I can do better than the race series half, it might be just a race to enjoy.
    We'll see.
    Yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Not sure yet to be honest. Going to try the tail end of a 5K plan for a 5K on 18th December just for something different.

Not sure if I can make Waterford but if I do it won't be with any target in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I'm glad you're enjoying running in the wake of DCM. I was worried as I thought we'd lost you with the blaspheme you were speaking in McGrattans about never running again. :eek: Enjoy the couple of weeks training for Waterford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

claralara wrote: »
    I'm glad you're enjoying running in the wake of DCM. I was worried as I thought we'd lost you with the blaspheme you were speaking in McGrattans about never running again. :eek: Enjoy the couple of weeks training for Waterford :)

+1 good to see you back enjoying the running

• Advertisement

5 miles on Monday.
    3 miles on Tuesday.
    3 miles this am, was half sorry I didn't have the garmin as my pace was surprisingly quick. Had A window of about 25 minutes to run this morning. The pressure.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

2 miles last night, stretch the legs so to speak. Nearly tripped numerous times while looking at that beautiful full moon.

Was Meno flashing again? :D;)

digger2d2 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the last known flasher moved out of the area early this year.....!!!

3 slow miles last night.

This morning up aright and early...as usual not by choice. 8 miles in 1'08, can't remember the pace and too tired to do the math.
    This run was sluggish to begin but at mile 5 it all seemed to come together. Last mile was 8'09.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm pretty sure the last known flasher moved out of the area early this year.....!!!

RK? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    RK? :eek:

Bananaman?

:):)

Yes I'm alive and still plugging away with shortish runs.
    Monday 5 miles in 44 minutes.
    Tuesday could only fit 3 miles in, but I picked up the pace. No garmin.
    Rest day on Wed and lazy day yesterday. I don't do wind (no smart comments digger!!)

Tonight I got out for another 5 miles and decided to crank up the speed. Pace of 8'22, time 41'47.

I couldn't get out running before 6 yesterday and by then it was just too windy to venture out.
    So this morning I was out before 7'30, had to be home by 9 as we're heading to see santie!! Enjoyable run despite the wind, I think it was good practice for Waterford if last year is anything to go by.
    10 miles in 1'26 average pace 8'36 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Nice pace on the 10 miler jcsmum! What's the plan for the Waterford half?

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    Nice pace on the 10 miler jcsmum! What's the plan for the Waterford half?

Not sure ruby will see on the day.

4 miles tonight pace of 8'30. I was knackered by the end of this the wind was so strong on the way home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Hopefully the weather behaves this year - if it does, you're well on track for a decent pb. I'll never forget the heartbreak of this one back in January!!

claralara wrote: »
    Hopefully the weather behaves this year - if it does, you're well on track for a decent pb. I'll never forget the heartbreak of this one back in January!!

Well I'm surely getting enough practice of running in the wind. I thought I'd need an oxygen mask tonight.
    I can't see me bettering my time from the race series if I'm honest, but I'll aim for a sub 1'50 again.

5 miles this am pace 8'45.
    Have picked up my very first injury too. Have had a pain in my heel since the weekend but not so bad that it stopped me running. Wed am was limping big time. Have been using an ice gel on it since and its working a treat. It didn't seem to hinder me this morning but it is still swollen.

Well I'm surely getting enough practice of running in the wind. I thought I'd need an oxygen mask tonight.

Tell the other half to lay off the Dutch ovens ;):)

Tell the other half to lay off the Dutch ovens ;):)

I had to Google that!

I had to Google that!

Digger's an expert! :P According to the iron lady.

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I had to Google that!

Digger's an expert! :P According to the iron lady.

Didn't think that kind of behaviour would be tolerated in foxrock!

• Advertisement

Didn't think that kind of behaviour would be tolerated in foxrock!

He's her 'bit of rough' ;)

Advertisement