Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

jcsmum wrote: »
    Mr Slow wrote: »

Didn't think that kind of behaviour would be tolerated in foxrock!

You say that like I've actually been stupid enough to bring him home... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Crap, I see from Nules log you picked up an injury....nooooo you were my shining beacon of a non-injury hit runner :mad:. Hope the rest helps and it clears up in time for next w-end. You'll need to be in good form for both the race and a round trip with your co-driver ;)...
    Who else is going to bring home my rocky road....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    Crap, I see from Nules log you picked up an injury....nooooo you were my shining beacon of a non-injury hit runner :mad:. Hope the rest helps and it clears up in time for next w-end. You'll need to be in good form for both the race and a round trip with your co-driver ;)...
    hey :mad::mad:

Nules10 wrote: »

Someone has to warn her about your driving :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »

Someone has to warn her about your driving :p.

Oh dear god, what am I letting myself in for??

• Advertisement

Sorry I let you down I'll go stand in the corner

No don't be silly. You're injured and should be resting so therefore please make sure you sit and not stand in the corner ;)

Seriously tho, did you go see anyone or do you reckon some rest will do it good.

Oh dear god, what am I letting myself in for??
    :D i don't even have a parking fine to me name you are in safe hands.... now if it was shaz driving????.... granted she would get you down ALOT quicker than i would :D

not allowed do that anymore :mad:

Well after a week of 'rest' I decided to head out tonight. My heel is not 100% but the swelling is gone and I'm no longer limping.
    Just figured I'd head out and see how things went. Happy to report that I managed 40 minutes no bother. I suppose though tomorrow will be the test if I am fit to run the half on Saturday. Fingers crossed....

Keeping everything crossed for you k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hope the foot is fine after yesterdays run, and you are good to go for tomorrow :)

Hopefully all good to go tomorrow so best of luck with it. I've a vested interest in you going to Waterford anyway...i.e. I'm deadly serious about my rocky road...and Nules if you eat it, you'll be a dead woman walking :D:D

Hopefully all good to go tomorrow so best of luck with it. I've a vested interest in you going to Waterford anyway...i.e. I'm deadly serious about my rocky road...and Nules if you eat it, you'll be a dead woman walking :D:D

Were you humming the mission impossible music while you were typing that?

All systems go....

RubyK wrote: »
    Hope the foot is fine after yesterdays run, and you are good to go for tomorrow :)

Thanks ruby, the foot seems ok today so I'll give it a go tomorrow. Good thing is, there is no pressure on me at all...not even to finish!!

RubyK wrote: »

Thanks ruby, the foot seems ok today so I'll give it a go tomorrow. Good thing is, there is no pressure on me at all...not even to finish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Good luck tomorrow. Think your on for 1:45 :)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow. Think your on for 1:45 :)

Ah sure while you're at it, why not round it down to a cool 1:30!!! :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Glad the injury is better, good luck tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck tomorrow! :)

Were you humming the mission impossible music while you were typing that?

All systems go....

:D...nope it was more Charlies Angels...

• Advertisement

Thanks ruby, the foot seems ok today so I'll give it a go tomorrow!

Delighted all is well again! Hope you catch up with you and Nules tomorrow :)

Road trip to waterford began bright and early yesterday morning, too early actually...arrived down there at 10.15. So after collecting our numbers, meeting up with some boardsies and a spate of people watching, we headed down to the start line or whatever it was...it was a bit chaotic and I had no idea of where the start line was or when the start was actually announced.

Anyway after a bit of swerving and dodging, I finally settled into a routine behind the 1'50 pacers. Wasn't sure how my injury would hold up so i decided to take advantage of the pacers and not have to worry about speed and time and garmin checking. Having done this race last year, Iwas aware of the few hills and the drags ahead so tried to conserve some energy for these.

I suppose this race was pretty uneventful for me really, no target, no expectations, happy to stay with the pacers. Well uneventful apart from the fact that with half a mile to go I tripped over a cat's eye and nearly went flying. A lovely lady called Deirdre who was running beside me caught me, but it shook me up for sure. The cat's eyes must be particularly high on that stretch of road as i witnessed a guy falling earlier and so did nules.

The last few miles were tough but I knew the sub 1'50 was in the bag but not a PB. Chip
    Time is 1'48'48, 24seconds slower than the race series.

Really enjoyed the day, great company (yes that means you nules!!), nice spread after the run, brilliant weather and lovely to meet rubyk before and after the race.

Really enjoyed the night out in town too!!

Great running K, hope the leg has eased up today after the few medicinals last night :D

Well done K a great run. Mind that foot now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Nice run there K!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good run K, glad the foot held up for you.

Great to meet you on Saturday jcsmum. Great running, and so soon after Dublin. Hope the achilles is ok after it.

Hope to catch up with you and Nules again :)

Just back from a run in the lashing rain. It wasn't raining when I left the house which is just as well or I would never have ventured out.
    The legs are tired but today is the first day in two weeks where I was walking limp free!!
    5.25 miles in 46'23, pace of 8'52. Really happy with that as the last mile was torture into the wind, wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

Just back from a run in the lashing rain. It wasn't raining when I left the house which is just as well or I would never have ventured out.
    The legs are tired but today is the first day in two weeks where I was walking limp free!!
    5.25 miles in 46'23, pace of 8'52. Really happy with that as the last mile was torture into the wind, wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

Well done K. just keep an eye on the ankle. I decided to treat myself to a rest day :)

• Advertisement

I only went out cos I can't run Tue or wed night.....wonder if I can drag myself out of bed in the morning...
    Plus I've just eaten half a double Decker guilt free!!

Advertisement