Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    7 miles this am, pace 8'51, time 1'02.
    Tough going, legs felt heavy like all the chocolate I ate yesterday lodged itself down there.

Too much junk in the trunk eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

5 miles in 42'47 pace of 8'33
    Thought this was slower as I felt very sluggish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I don't know anyone that is sluggish this time of the year.Just look at the updates on the logs fronts ;)

Any races planned?

I don't know anyone that is sluggish this time of the year.Just look at the updates on the logs fronts ;)

Any races planned?

I've no races planned yet and I do function better when I have some goal ahead. Must also figure out some goal times too for 2012.
    Oh the decisions.....!!

Hubby back in work today, so I'm back to cramming miles in whenever I can. Headed off out tonight aiming to do 4 but was feeling good, so managed an extra half mile!
    4.5 miles in 37'05, pace 8'15

• Advertisement

10 miles in 1'27, pace of 8'45
    Nice run, enjoyed this.

14 miles around killarney national park, from the town out to muckross house and back to town again. The legs were tired and there were a fair few hills and drags but the surroundings are always uplifting.
    Time 2'05, pace 8'58.

No real goal for 2012 apart from a sub 3'50 marathon. Obviously will try and better my PBs .....that's it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Sounds like a nice LSR to end the year K. Good luck in 2012, plenty of pbs to come your way.

8 miles in a deserted killarney national park this morning. After half a mile I was soaked and the rain and hail showers didn't let up. Then probably half way round, the wire in the sports bra found its way out and try as I might, I couldn't push it in or pull it out....ouch!
    Not the greatest run to start 2012. Pace was 8'40 though so not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Nice pace in Killarney jcsmum! Lovely surrounds to be running in (apart from the artic weather and rogue underwires!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Some nice running there the last while. Glad to see you're enjoying it. Thought of you as I hit the end of the tin of roses on Sunday night. Actually there are 3 left but they're the orange flavoured duds. Yes it's the tin you gave out to me for opening in November and Digger had a whole ONE…whoops! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Then probably half way round, the wire in the sports bra found its way out and try as I might, I couldn't push it in or pull it out....ouch!

Was Meno hanging around Killarney with that powerful magnet of his ;)

try as I might, I couldn't push it in or pull it out....ouch!

Must resist juvenile comment...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Time for a new boulder holder k. You know you are supposed to replace them every 6 months or so ;)

Nules10 wrote: »
    Time for a new boulder holder k. You know you are supposed to replace them every 6 months or so ;)

The boulders or the holders? :D

Mr Slow wrote: »

:D:Dif she is not happy with the boulders.... Both :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

:D:Dif she is not happy with the boulders.... Both :D

Start Fitness have the boulders in stock, use the code TATA38DD for a discount ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Start Fitness have the boulders in stock, use the code TATA38DD for a discount ;)

38??? That's some back ;) DD is good though :D

try as I might, I couldn't push it in or pull it out....ouch!

Must resist juvenile comment...:D

New years resolution???

That didn't last long!

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »

38??? That's some back ;) DD is good though :D

I should be so lucky...ha ha

claralara wrote: »
    Some nice running there the last while. Glad to see you're enjoying it. Thought of you as I hit the end of the tin of roses on Sunday night. Actually there are 3 left but they're the orange flavoured duds. Yes it's the tin you gave out to me for opening in November and Digger had a whole ONE…whoops! :o

I would never give out to anyone for eating chocolate....pot, kettle!

I should be so lucky...ha ha

Luck is but an operation away! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Luck is but an operation away! :D

Take time off running for something that will make running more awkward? Are you mad? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Saw some nonwire boulder holders (Shock Absorbers) in Champion Sports yesterday - think they might be in the sale as well. Experience has taught me to keep away from the wires while running - painful experience... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

racheljev wrote: »
    Saw some nonwire boulder holders (Shock Absorbers) in Champion Sports yesterday
    I got 2 in the Debenhams sale for a total of €37 just before Christmas :)

Take time off running for something that will make running more awkward? Are you mad? :p

Bouncy bouncy is a good look, makes spectating more interesting. Women suffer lots of things to look well, take Claralara and her 8 inch heels!

10 wet and windy miles in 1'26 pace of 8'42.
    This was a tough one starting off, legs felt very heavy but I was flying along for the last few miles in spite of the weather conditions.
    Glad to have that one done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Jeez you're flying there, well done

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Jeez you're flying there, well done

THanks shaz, I think any running in this weather is brilliant!
    The wind is crazy down here and nobody is out running.

Advertisement