Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

8 miles this afternoon in 1.12, pace 9'04.
    Slow and tired for the first half but second half was grand.

16 miles this morning, 6 on my own before I met up with the others.
    Really enjoyed this one, despite some bouts of tiredness. Why can't children be quiet and allow you a full night's sleep knowing you have an LSR the following morning!!!
    Lovely morning for a run, despite the cold wind in places. I think I was cold all the way round.
    16 miles in 2'29, pace 9'22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Eh what happened the 19?? :D. That was some wind alright on Chesterfield, bloody freezing. Nice running.

shazkea wrote: »
    Eh what happened the 19?? :D. That was some wind alright on Chesterfield, bloody freezing. Nice running.

Tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Why can't children be quiet and allow you a full night's sleep knowing you have an LSR the following morning!!!

Can you not roll up a newspaper and give them a rap on the head and then put them in the garden if that doesn't work? Oh wait that's the dog :o!

Dogs are easier, get a dog!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Dogs are easier, get a dog!:)

I vote for a cat, they eat less and prefer sleeping alot of the time.

chinguetti wrote: »

A dog is loyal and you get back what you put in, if you die, a dog will starve before they'll leave your side, a cat however will eat you! ;)

I can't seem to slow down to recovery pace at all. Oh well....

Have you thought about a HR monitor?

A dog is loyal and you get back what you put in, if you die, a dog will starve before they'll leave your side, a cat however will eat you! ;)

Why does everyone think the cat will eat me? Sure his diet is going well and he hasn't attacked me in a week so i'm hopeful. However i've learnt not to leave my toes hanging out of the duvet anymore:p

Why does everyone think the cat will eat me? Sure his diet is going well and he hasn't attacked me in a week so i'm hopeful. However i've learnt not to leave my toes hanging out of the duvet anymore:p

He's most likely taking a break to build up his strength and then you're fcuked :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I love reading your log Jcsmum, there is always so much entertainment away from the running;)

great running by the way..you're doing great mileage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

He's most likely taking a break to build up his strength and then you're fcuked :P

You're actually training him to be a sniper these days with that climbing frame. You'll only have yourself to blame when he's sneakily hanging from the chandelier in your bedroom some night; before dropping down onto your unsuspecting head and gouging your eyes out one by one. And then he'll give you worms. Because that's what miaow cats do. Just a word of warning my dear friend... ;)

Have you thought about a HR monitor?

Nope, I like to keep it simple!

Thank you both for your 'input' but I'll go with option (c), none of the above.

Younganne wrote: »
    I love reading your log Jcsmum, there is always so much entertainment away from the running;)

great running by the way..you're doing great mileage!

Thanks Anne, I do try to keep the log on the straight and narrow...but it seems to be in vain!

claralara wrote: »
    You're actually training him to be a sniper these days with that climbing frame. You'll only have yourself to blame when he's sneakily hanging from the chandelier in your bedroom some night; before dropping down onto your unsuspecting head and gouging your eyes out one by one. And then he'll give you worms. Because that's what miaow cats do. Just a word of warning my dear friend... ;)

O, don't encourage them!

5 miles tonight. I'm not sure I can call them recovery as the pace was probably too fast.. at one stage the garmin was reading a pace of 9'45 so I thought great, I'll silence the critics!! However I hot home and the pace turned out to be 9'19.
    (I was going slow, honest)

claralara wrote: »

Sorry K but i got to answer this on your log. Firstly, young Claralara are you a fortune teller or what? He's got a new idea and this evening flew from the top of the bookcase onto the chair giving me an awful shock. Also if he tears out my eyes, worms will be the least of my worries:eek:

And for what its worth, i don't have a chandelier in my bedroom. Just cause your gaff has one doesn't mean we all do:D

And for what its worth, i don't have a chandelier in my bedroom. Just cause your gaff has one doesn't mean we all do:D

I bet you don't have one of those S&M closets either! :pac:

Had a window of half an hour this am, so 3.5 miles, pace 8'37 in 30'11.
    Tough one.

• Advertisement

4.5 miles this morning in 39 mins, pace 8'41.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

4.5 miles this morning in 39 mins, pace 8'41.

Please tell me you were sleep walking/running? :)

5 miles tonight in 45 mins.

Crappy run actually. 3 scumbags threw something across the road at me, not sure what it was, I think it was a stick. I was so fcuking angry, I shouted some obscenities at them. Then they threw something else. It just meant that I went a different route not as long as I intended.

Grrrr

5 miles tonight in 45 mins.

Crappy run actually. 3 scumbags threw something across the road at me, not sure what it was, I think it was a stick. I was so fcuking angry, I shouted some obscenities at them. Then they threw something else. It just meant that I went a different route not as long as I intended.

Grrrr

Next time just keep running, don't make eye contact and don't draw them on you, little pr1cks in a group are dangerous!

Next time just keep running, don't make eye contact and don't draw them on you, little pr1cks in a group are dangerous!

I know, I know....but I was so annoyed. I mean there's kids out, old people, parents with buggies....
    Any who....

Onwards and upwards....

12 miles this am in 1'50, pace 9'11
    Way too fast I know, but everything felt really comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Glad today's run was better, sounds like a horrible encounter yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Jeez K little ******s. They have nothing better to be doing and in a group they think they are the bizz. Glad you got out again this morning and wernt turned off. Grrr is right though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

horrible little gits grrr. but Mr slow is right keep the head down and keep running they can turn nasty when challenged especially if a woman does it too. Nice run today too.

• Advertisement

7 miles in 1'03, I know not really 'recovery' but it was a really nice one.

Advertisement