Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great training jcsmum! Nice mileage and pace getting done :)
    jcsmum wrote: »
    3 scumbags threw something across the road at me, not sure what it was, I think it was a stick. I was so fcuking angry, I shouted some obscenities at them. Then they threw something else. It just meant that I went a different route not as long as I intended.

Grrrr

I let out a few obscenities myself on Saturday, the words were out of my mouth before I realised it :eek:. Not for the first time either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RubyK wrote: »
    I let out a few obscenities myself on Saturday, the words were out of my mouth before I realised it :eek:. Not for the first time either :o

Ah sure you'd be allowed down there in bandit country ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

There were a couple of little ****s hanging out by Marlay last night - they didn't do anything but even the looks are intimidating. The only consolation was that I could have taken my time to kick each and every one of them where the sun don't shine, and still outrun their fat McDonalds laden guts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

it can be a bit scary especially for female running on her own....
    i was running on a main road on a Sunday evening in the middle of summer last year and 3 f**kers came flying down the road in a car and threw 3 eggs out the window at me!!! one hit me on the hand and boy was it like a rock hitting me as they were travelling at some speed...i was lucky it didn't get me in the face...i just kept running but there were some choice words muttered to myself....didn't even get the details of car as i was trying to figure out why one guy was hanging out the window behind the driver...pity lucky there wasn't a lorry coming the other way:rolleyes:

hope you weren't too unsettled jcsmum by it all...

Younganne wrote: »
    hope you weren't too unsettled jcsmum by it all...

I'm sure she was fine, she'd be no stranger to it, sure firing sticks and rocks across the road is all part of the dating game down Killarney way! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Forgot to log last nights run, 6.5 miles, pace of 8'58.

4 miles at 8'34 pace this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

fair play to you, you get out early...i struggle to get up in time to get the kids to the bus for school and for me to work!!!!

Well K, Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Well K, Limerick?

For someone that doesn't have time to keep a training log you have plenty of time to write on everyone else's trying to harass them into entering Limerick :D:D:D

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    For someone that doesn't have time to keep a training log you have plenty of time to write on everyone else's trying to harass them into entering Limerick :D:D:D

So Pistol, Limerick? ;)

Copy and paste is very handy.

Yes, Limerick looks likely alright.

Younganne wrote: »
    fair play to you, you get out early...i struggle to get up in time to get the kids to the bus for school and for me to work!!!!

I actually love running in the morning, wish i had the will power to do it more often. The only problem is I'm limited with time as I have to be home by 7.20 to let OH go to work.
    It's too early! :(

Smashin, just realised too than your log title should read 'An Aging Log for Another New Year' No? :D

Smashin, just realised too than your log title should read 'An Aging Log for Another New Year' No? :D

Yeah my log title was rubbish to begin with, now its kinda redundant....I guess I can recycle it!

Or maybe I can come up with a new title incorporating Limerick!

5 miles this am in 43'48, pace 8'45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Jeepers k. A 5 mile logged at 7.30 :eek: here is me glued to the bed refusing to get up. Good woman on the early morning runs they are impressing me more than you pace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Fair play to you on the early morning runs jcsmum, I can just about manage an easy walk with the dog at that hour :eek:

I see you are going for Limerick, best of luck with the training (not that you need any luck, you will sail through it!).

Nules10 wrote: »
    Jeepers k. A 5 mile logged at 7.30 :eek: here is me glued to the bed refusing to get up. Good woman on the early morning runs they are impressing me more than you pace :D

It's all hubby's fault...if he didn't have to be in work so damn early!!!
    Ah no, I do feel great afterwards to be sure having questioned my sanity several times during the run.

Plan for Raheny?

Or maybe I can come up with a new title incorporating Limerick!

'Limerick you're a lady but I'm not'?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

'Limerick you're a lady but I'm not'?:pac:

Ouch :eek:

Don't mind him K, you see his true Limerick South Hill colours coming out there!

Just did a quick catch up, some great (descriptive ;)) runs logged there.

You doing Raheny?

shazkea wrote: »
    Don't mind him K, you see his true Limerick South Hill colours coming out there!

Your Clare colours will be in full swing once you marry your cousin! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Ah no did I not fill you in how that didn't work out. I asked him to move to Dublin but he couldn't deal with not living with the mammy and 10 sisters on the farm anymore :confused:

I thought about a Limerick man but I just don't have enough dressy clothes for all the court appearances I'd have to turn up for to support him :(

I thought about a Limerick man but I just don't have enough dressy clothes for all the court appearances I'd have to turn up for to support him :(

There are a high proportion of solicitors in Limerick all right, they're there to help all those poor Clare women forced into arranged marriages with farm animals and the like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Can you imagine the embarrassment if someone else there was wearing the same pair of pyjamas? :eek:

RayCun wrote: »
    Can you imagine the embarrassment if someone else there was wearing the same pair of pyjamas? :eek:

:D

It's all hubby's fault...if he didn't have to be in work so damn early!!!
    Ah no, I do feel great afterwards to be sure having questioned my sanity several times during the run.

Plan for Raheny?
    No plan as yet as i haven't even signed up for it :rolleyes:

:D:D

I leave my log for a few hours and it firmly lands in the gutter and not for the first time.
    Ray, are you off modding duty?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I signed up for modding, not cleaning the Augean stables :)

Advertisement