Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Exactly that, just run it and see. No real pressure.

PB or walk home, no pressure!:D

Harsh.

RayCun wrote: »
    You have to set down a marker, stay ahead of claralara :D

In my dreams....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Harsh.

Tough Love! :P

4.5 miles this am in 39'20, pace 8'45
    LEgs feeling very tired, have zero confidence about Sunday. Heel twinging slightly. Why don't I listen to my own advice. Am definitely going to PT next week.
    It was an ok run this morning, I just feel tired and sluggish. Rest until Sunday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Maybe you should go and get it looked at today or tomorrow before the race on sunday. it might just need a bit of a rub?

• Advertisement

LEgs feeling very tired, have zero confidence about Sunday. Heel twinging slightly. Why don't I listen to my own advice. Am definitely going to PT next week.
    It was an ok run this morning, I just feel tired and sluggish. Rest until Sunday I think.

Get thee one of these but in the mean time get some Tiger Balm and work it into the calves to release the knots paying particular attention to 'D' here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

I bet its just coz you are tense about Sunday that you are feeling the twinge. Just pretend that you are meeting us girlies in the park for a nice easy run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck on Sunday! Hopefully the heel will settle down with a couple of days rest.

You're in flying form, and will no doubt run a great time :)

So no PB for me in enniscorthy today, Missed out by 14 seconds, Chip time 48'38.

I felt this was a tough course, hilly with sharp downhills so a tricky one for me to manage. I could feel the lack of speedwork in my training, the first mile or so was ok, the middle 3 were horrible in places and the last 2 were ok.

My garmin unfortunately was not beeping at the mile markers and the finish line turned out to be around a sharp bend, so I didn't end up sprinting for the line until it was too late (and missing out on The PB I reckon)

Thing is, I know I can do better and despite faltering mid way, I would definitely do this one again. Enjoyed the day and the company

So no PB for me in enniscorthy today, Missed out by 14 seconds, Chip time 48'38.

I felt this was a tough course, hilly with sharp downhills so a tricky one for me to manage. I could feel the lack of speedwork in my training, the first mile or so was ok, the middle 3 were horrible in places and the last 2 were ok.

My garmin unfortunately was not beeping at the mile markers and the finish line turned out to be around a sharp bend, so I didn't end up sprinting for the line until it was too late (and missing out on The PB I reckon)

Thing is, I know I can do better and despite faltering mid way, I would definitely do this one again. Enjoyed the day and the company

You'll eat up Dunshaughlin but keep in mind this was the first race of the year for you and only sets a marker, it's a tough course and you'd shave 15/20 off if you ran Dunshaughlin next week.

• Advertisement

That's the hope. I still hate 10k's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

That's the hope. I still hate 10k's though.
    Well done K. Don't be hard on yourself. Enniscorthy has savage hills and drags so I've no doubt it was a tough course. Fair play for getting out there and competing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

You'll eat up Dunshaughlin but keep in mind this was the first race of the year for you and only sets a marker, it's a tough course and you'd shave 15/20 off if you ran Dunshaughlin next week.

What he said....:D

Well done again K

++1 on what mrslow said too :)
    Well done on a tough course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good run there K, more to come during the summer for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done K. Great going. Course souded like a toughie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

A great run on a tough course! You'll get that pb next time :)

5 miles tonight in my new kayano 17 runners, pace 8'45.

Was in the asics outlet store in killdare today....my beloved kayano 16s were there for €69 ......if only I had a size 3 foot!!

Oh shopping for running gear - lovely way to spend the day. Any decent deals there for normal sizes!!!

if only I had a size 3 foot!!

It must have been tough squeezing those size 11's into my car yesterday! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Was in the asics outlet store in killdare today....my beloved kayano 16s were there for €69 ......if only I had a size 3 foot!!

Did you get the 17's there? They were recommended to me yesterday as the best shoe for me.

pistol_75 wrote: »

Did you get the 17's there? They were recommended to me yesterday as the best shoe for me.

Yeah, they were €105, retail price is 150
    I was told that they are lighter than the 16s and have more gel.

shazkea wrote: »
    Oh shopping for running gear - lovely way to spend the day. Any decent deals there for normal sizes!!!

From the woman that shops in the US!! I didn't see any other bargains. And unfortunately I was not alone while shopping, 3 year olds are not really into running gear!

if only I had a size 3 foot!!

It must have been tough squeezing those size 11's into my car yesterday! :P

Maybe its because of my big ole clown feet that I missed out on a PB ;)

Maybe its because of my big ole clown feet that I missed out on a PB ;)

You should have worn the Heelies like John!:D

From the woman that shops in the US!! I didn't see any other bargains. And unfortunately I was not alone while shopping, 3 year olds are not really into running gear!

:D when it comes to bargains, I'm an equal opportunities shopper!!
    Next trip to the States is not until April but am open to accepting lists usually for a 10% administration fee but I'll accept a beer/mojito from the cool Sunday morning runners gang ;)

Are we limited to number of items on The list? ;)

8 miles this morning, pace 8'40
    This run felt really tiring and tough, am kinda surprised with the pace. It sure felt slower

shazkea wrote: »
    :D when it comes to bargains, I'm an equal opportunities shopper!!
    Next trip to the States is not until April but am open to accepting lists usually for a 10% administration fee but I'll accept a beer/mojito from the cool Sunday morning runners gang ;)

I am off to make out my shopping list :D

• Advertisement

8 miles this morning, pace 8'40
    This run felt really tiring and tough, am kinda surprised with the pace. It sure felt slower

Nice running K. Its nice when you get back and see the pace quicker than it felt.
    Oh have you decided on bohermeen yet

Advertisement