Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »

Nice running K. Its nice when you get back and see the pace quicker than it felt.
    Oh have you decided on bohermeen yet

Am seriously considering it. Was at PT tonight so I'm all unknotted and good to go. My calves were like rocks and he gave the achilles tendon a good going over......ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

jcsmum wrote: »
    Am seriously considering it. Was at PT tonight so I'm all unknotted and good to go. My calves were like rocks and he gave the achilles tendon a good going over......ouch!

Have you entered Limerick? Looking at the thread in the events forum it seems to have a lot of negative feedback from other years.

pistol_75 wrote: »

Have you entered Limerick? Looking at the thread in the events forum it seems to have a lot of negative feedback from other years.

Yeah I've entered. No turning back now, negative feedback or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I grimace when i hear of anyone getting work done on the achilles its so painful. Think the half is restricted to 1000 entrants. Not sure what numbers they are at at the moment. Have a look at the course on their website might help you decide

PT advised against running up hills but I'd imagine the half would be pretty flat. The legs are grand today, so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Are we limited to number of items on The list? ;)

Within reason...My allowance is 2 big suitcases but if customs catch me, it won't be my own items I'll volunteer to part with :pac:
    Nules10 wrote: »
    I am off to make out my shopping list :D

Oh dear, knowing your timetable this week, twill be a long list so :P

shazkea wrote: »
    Oh dear, knowing your timetable this week, twill be a long list so :P

page 2...3...4 nearly done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done on the 10 last weekend. Really good running. When you have good PB's already in the bag, no doubt it becomes difficult to start breaking them. What you need is a 54 min 10k PB like myself and just to take a minute off every year..! That is still a savage time and knowing you can break it again is even better! :)

Hope the injury stays away!

So the PT tells me to try and avoid hills, and what do I do first run back....pick the hilliest route possible! I ran around muckross park which is all scenic and gorgeous, but so many up and downs.

Anyway got 10 miles done pace of 8'58. The legs felt good. Hope they stay that way as I've signed up for bohermeen and mallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

So the PT tells me to try and avoid hills, and what do I do first run back....pick the hilliest route possible! I ran around muckross park which is all scenic and gorgeous, but so many up and downs.

Anyway got 10 miles done pace of 8'58. The legs felt good. Hope they stay that way as I've signed up for bohermeen and mallow.

:D Nice one K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done K. 10 on a Friday is nice :)

Good woman on following Pts advice ;) See ya in a few weeks :)

7 miles tonight in 1 hour flat, pace 8'38. This felt good but I'm beat, need some early nights.

5 miles this morning pace 8'41, in 43'29
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

That is all.

Epic Post! :P

Mr Slow wrote: »
    That is all.

Epic Post! :P

From the man who doesn't post at all!

I post lots, just not on my log! :D

I post lots, just not on my log! :D

You know what I meant!!!

6 miles tonight in 52'45, pace 8'47
    Legs were heavy for this one, too many inclines for my liking.

18 miles this am with the group in 2'45 exactly, pace 9'10.
    Not really Lsr pace but delighted to be able to do it. At one stage shels and I seemed to be doing sub 8'30 pace and for me that was on my last few miles. It was tough going for sure and I was thrilled to be near my car at that stage, while shels had to go on for another 3.
    Good run.

• Advertisement

Well done K. It was a beautiful morning, nice to get the long long run done in good conditions.

Sub 3:45 then?

Sub 3:45 then?

Not likely if I'm honest, but we'll see.

7 miles this am. The garmin ran out of power with half a mile to go, but I was averaging 9 min miles.
    Legs were very tired before I started running, but once I got going they were grand.
    Glorious morning, could have kept on going really.....

Sandbagger! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

You might not be far away from that, You were running very strong after 18 miles. I died at the end of my run, paid the price for the increase in pace.

Thats some mileage this wkd K. The legs must be feeling strong at this stage

Thats some mileage this wkd K. The legs must be feeling strong at this stage

I wouldn't say strong, more like tired.
    Tonight's run nearly killed me. Must check out your log to see how you're doing.

5 miles tonight pace of 8'30. Like I said in the previous post, this run nearly killed me. I started off great, but in the last mile, uphill I might add, it reminded me how sometimes I absolutely and totally hate running. And now here I am in my armchair, box of chocolate fingers on my lap and all is right with the world again!!

• Advertisement

Nice running at the week k. Hopefully catch up with you Sunday. What's the aim for Sunday?

Advertisement