Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great time - sets you up nicely for a sub-4 full later this year :D

Fingers crossed an' all that!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    They'll be all looking for the secret banana now......:D

Who's getting a big head now??

And yes I know there's a smutty retort coming my way.... I made it too easy! :D

6 miles in Marlay park this morning. Got a bit bored running around there, so did 1 lap of St Enda's park too - that hill is a killer.

6 miles total - 54.19, pace 9.03

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

They'll be all looking for the secret banana now......:D

That must be all mushy and soft at this stage.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

jcsmum wrote: »
    Who's getting a big head now??

And yes I know there's a smutty retort coming my way.... I made it too easy! :D

I don't do smut anymore and you said it all for me......:)

• Advertisement

With all the brilliant running going on here, my log was on page 5. I feel lazy. Took 3 days rest in a row Wed-Fri. Was away for the weekend so had to make do with the hotel gym. My God, I hate the threadmill. Did 30mins on that and 10 on an exercise bike. I was wrecked afterwards. I think the 30mins running only got me to 3 miles. I did include an incline in the workout programme but still.......... :rolleyes:

Yesterday I ran to Marlay park, did a lap there and then back home - 8 miles exactly. 1:14. Much better...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Yeah, its hard to get motivated to run on a treadmill when you're used to the open air.

10 miles yesterday in 1:32. Great run but the last few miles home were into a sharp wind. Thought I was back in Waterford..... :eek::D

Last night, did 4 miles in 34:30, 8.40 pace. Very happy with that. Tried to up the speed as the distance was short. My right shin was bothering me a bit but it seemed fine after.

Unfortunately can't do the Raheny 5 on Sunday - family commitments. I can't complain as they've been super supportive throughout my running 'career' :)

10 miles this morning with RK, up bright and early, ideal conditions for a Saturday morning run. Superwoman went off then and did an extra 7 miles, just to make me look bad. :p
    Then again she is training for 6 marathons and 4 ultras ;)
    10 miles, 1.36, pace of 9:40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Then again she is training for 6 marathons and 4 ultras ;)
    Filthy lies, it's only 2 marathons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Filthy lies, it's only 2 marathons :pac:

I saw you running today RK, gave you a wave from my car :)

Was off yesterday and had to go into town on a personal errand. Was kinda annoyed at having to waste some of my day off sitting in traffic, parking etc. etc.... so I decided to run in and back.

6.74 miles, in 1:03, pace of 9:23 (in)
    6.67 miles, in 1:03, pace of 9:30 (home)

Happy days! I love running..... who needs a car ;)

Was off yesterday and had to go into town on a personal errand. Was kinda annoyed at having to waste some of my day off sitting in traffic, parking etc. etc.... so I decided to run in and back.

6.74 miles, in 1:03, pace of 9:23 (in)
    6.67 miles, in 1:03, pace of 9:30 (home)

Happy days! I love running..... who needs a car ;)

Well done, strangely enough I considered doing exactly the same myself but thought I'd look a bit of a tool wandering around The Great Outdoors and TK Maxx in a pair of shorts in February......I guess you wore the '' It's 100% fine for women to wear'' running tights!? :)

I guess you wore the '' It's 100% fine for women to wear'' running tights!? :)
    You're just jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Who knew there were clothes digger would be embarrassed to wear?

RayCun wrote: »
    Who knew there were clothes digger would be embarrassed to wear?

Ha ha......Very true Ray :D

Well done, strangely enough I considered doing exactly the same myself but thought I'd look a bit of a tool wandering around The Great Outdoors and TK Maxx in a pair of shorts in February......I guess you wore the '' It's 100% fine for women to wear'' running tights!? :)

running tights :o - no.... I've short legs.

And don't mind the peer pressure, you wear whatever you like, no matter how flourescenty. (I was going to say or tight, but I might be asking for trouble there!) :D

running tights :o - no.... I've short legs.

And don't mind the peer pressure, you wear whatever you like, no matter how flourescenty. (I was going to say or tight, but I might be asking for trouble there!) :D

If you've short legs then I'm Jabba The Hutt! :D

As regards your second point and taking raycun's earlier post into consideration, I feel I need a 'Makeunder'.....:) Would Gok Wan do a job on me? (not that kind of job mrslow) and have me walking down a runway in The Square in dark moderate running attire with the locals shouting..."Look at dat spa, he fookin looks like Batman"....or "Dard-in, Shard-in and Wah-din, gerover heyar beside yer Da's and watch de banana man in his bleedin weh-suuu":D

If you've short legs then I'm Jabba The Hutt! :D

As regards your second point and taking raycun's earlier post into consideration, I feel I need a 'Makeunder'.....:) Would Gok Wan do a job on me? (not that kind of job mrslow) and have me walking down a runway in The Square in dark moderate running attire with the locals shouting..."Look at dat spa, he fookin looks like Batman"....or "Dard-in, Shard-in and Wah-din, gerover heyar beside yer Da's and watch de banana man in his bleedin weh-suuu":D

I'd actually pay to go over to the square to see that! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

the locals shouting..."Look at dat spa, he fookin looks like Batman"....or "Dard-in, Shard-in and Wah-din, gerover heyar beside yer Da's and watch de banana man in his bleedin weh-suuu":D

Is that not polite conversation in your neck of the woods? ;)

I'd actually pay to go over to the square to see that! :pac::pac:

Keep your money in your pocket ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good grief! Do people really speak in such a manner as averred to above? I am much intrigued as to this odd vernacular and I would very much like to learn more. Perhaps we could arrange for some form interface between my folk and yours. I think all parties could learn a lot. I would be very much obliged if you could take some time out from appropriating other people’s property and eating your young to facilitate my request. I look forward to hearing from you. Please reply with a google translate link for my ease of reference.

claralara wrote: »
    Good grief! Do people really speak in such a manner as averred to above? I am much intrigued as to this odd vernacular and I would very much like to learn more. Perhaps we could arrange for some form interface between my folk and yours. I think all parties could learn a lot. I would be very much obliged if you could take some time out from appropriating other people’s property and eating your young to facilitate my request. I look forward to hearing from you. Please reply with a google translate link for my ease of reference.

Staw-ree?? ;)

This morning met ecoli at Old Bawn & we ran up to Bohernabreena church for some hill reps.
    This guy is super fast. He scampered off up the hill at speed and left me for dust, I ran for anything from 40-65 seconds and back down again. It was great, it was tough and I probably could have pushed myself a bit more but I didn't want to kill myself on my first day!

Thankfully I managed to do all reps and arrived home none the worse for wear.
    As for actual mileage, I'm guessing total of 5.5 miles. I'm so un-technical it's not funny. My garmin seems to have a mind of its own. But I wasn't too hung up on that to be honest, I just tried to go a few paces/seconds further on each rep.

Great morning work-out. :)

Good stuff outta you! Nice to get a bit of variety in too. :)

Good stuff outta you! Nice to get a bit of variety in too. :)

Did you get a nice dress today?

mrslow wrote: »
    Did you get a nice dress today?

I actually did, in addition to buying my sister a dress in River Island for her birthday, I got one for myself in M&S. :pac:

I actually did, in addition to buying my sister a dress in River Island for her birthday, I got one for myself in M&S. :pac:

That shut me up!

• Advertisement

Was all set to join the group for the run in the Phoenix park, but I got the rare opportunity for a lie- in and I took it :)

Luckily the legs felt fine after Saturday's hill reps, so I did go for a run later in the afternoon after the wind died down. I had intended doing 6 or 7 miles, but as the run went on, I felt stronger and stronger (thanks ecoli) and I just pushed on. I did 9.52 miles in 1:29, pace of 9.20

I arrived home soaked to the skin, my family think I'm insane! :)

Advertisement