Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »
    Nice running at the week k. Hopefully catch up with you Sunday. What's the aim for Sunday?

No aim really, must decide on a plan.
    Decisions, decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

jcsmum wrote: »
    No aim really, must decide on a plan.
    Decisions, decisions....

She told a few of us on Saturday that she was starting up the front :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

chinguetti wrote: »

Thats the place for her. No doubt you'll start at the back as usual?

Just signed up myself.

chinguetti wrote: »

Well so much for 'what happens on a run stays on a run'.
    People with no logs.......boo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

What's the race this weekend?

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    What's the race this weekend?

Bohermeen 1/2 marathon

7 miles tonight in 1'04, pace 9'10
    This felt much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

You're flying girl, good luck for Sunday

I think we'll need the gloves for Sunday i think, cold and windy with hail showers.

Pistol, I'll be up nearer the front than the back purely to see how the other half live:D

People with no training logs rock:p

shazkea wrote: »
    You're flying girl, good luck for Sunday

And you ;)

• Advertisement

And you ;)

Oh I'm only going for the goody bag, purely LSR for me :). Although I have said I will try and keep Nules company for the first lap and after that I will see her fly off into the distance to her sub 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Good luck for Sunday...looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Younganne wrote: »
    Good luck for Sunday...looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Thanks Anne

5.5 miles this morning, pace 8'58.
    Didn't think I was killing myself, but my god I sweated buckets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck for Sunday jcsmum! You're in flying form :)

5 miles this am pace 8'48. This was supposed to be a slow one to test the legs for tomorrow. Wasn't crazy about the run, I know it was windy and all but legs felt a bit sluggish.

Bohermeen half today. My PB is 1.48 (from Waterford and the race series). I thought about running this as an LSR but I suppose the competitive side to me decided to just go for it and aim for a sub 1.45. Now realistically I felt I could better my PB, but 13 x 8 min miles.... too big an ask?!? I couldn't manage 6x 8 min miles in Enniscorthy 3 weeks ago!

Anyway left hubby to entertain the 2 smallies in exciting Bohermeen and off to the start line with Nules and Shaz where I met the other Boardsies. The first few miles were fine, around 7:50 pace (would I pay for this later?). I really have to just let things go.......I analyse things to death :rolleyes: (typical woman really). Struggled miles 4-6, just felt awful, that stupid hill didn't help, the water table at mile 4 was a mess, my pants felt too tight :o I think I was just having a mental block. Part of me just wanted to pack it in at the half way stage. I have these mental blocks during races were I just want to give in (happened in Enniscorthy with a mile to go! - note to self: must be more positive).

Mile 6 things picked up again, waved to the family at the half way stage and the next few miles felt great again. I probably went over 8 minute miles once during the race, a sub 1'45 was becoming a reality. Now, if I could only hold it together. Not looking forward to the hill or the miles were I was deflated in the first lap. Thankfully I was able to keep things even running wise, every time I looked at the watch the pace was sub 8 min miles. At mile 11, I had a smile on my face, I knew I could do it. Was overtaking people too in the last few miles which always helps. Last mile, breathing was laboured but my eyes were well and truly on the prize! :)

Sprinted for the line, watch said 13.21, time 1'44'41. My official time is 1'44'54 which I have a slight problem with. I didn't stop my garmin until I was well and truly accross the finish line just to be on the safe side, so I'm not sure where those 13 seconds went.
    Anyway absolutely delighted beyond belief, a huge confidence booster for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sprinted for the line, watch said 13.21, time 1'44'41. My official time is 1'44'54 which I have a slight problem with. I didn't stop my garmin until I was well and truly accross the finish line just to be on the safe side, so I'm not sure where those 13 seconds went.
    Anyway absolutely delighted beyond belief, a huge confidence booster for me. :)

Well done!! They obviously gave out your gun time but your chip time on the results says 1:44:42 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Congrats on the new PB. I let a roar at you as you were sprinting down the finishing staright. You were in the 'zone' so not sure if you heard! You were having to contend with hail and snow at the time!
    Well done agin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Brilliant stuff k. Was great to catch up with you and run with you for all of 5 seconds ;) well done missus

• Advertisement

Congrats on the new PB. I let a roar at you as you were sprinting down the finishing staright. You were in the 'zone' so not sure if you heard! You were having to contend with hail and snow at the time!
    Well done agin

Ah, so that was you!! I heard a roar alright, thought it was Matt but he said it wasn't him. And yes I was definitely in the zone, I snubbed my family who were also roaring at me. :cool:

Cracking run K, well done. Dead right about mental blocks though, unreal how much women analyse stupid stuff :rolleyes:

The thoughts of another race in 2 weeks time is not appealing to me at the moment :eek:

shazkea wrote: »
    Cracking run K, well done. Dead right about mental blocks though, unreal how much women analyse stupid stuff :rolleyes:

The thoughts of another race in 2 weeks time is not appealing to me at the moment :eek:

Think of the drinks afterwards Shaz.....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done K. That's absolutely brilliant. You must be so thrilled. Woo hoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Thats a fantastic run and well done..i love that feeling of passing others in the last 2 miles:D

you are in flying form..super run!!!

Ah, so that was you!! I heard a roar alright, thought it was Matt but he said it wasn't him. :cool:

Ah the mystery man has been found. I was avoiding the hailstones in the queue for soup at the time. Cracking time and a job well done K.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well done K, great result.

Well done K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Great time well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Congrats - good running yesterday

Advertisement